NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Was watching Anchorman, got bored and switched to SAW just as it started. What an awesome film, though not as good as the 1st time I saw it because I knew what was gonna happen.

SAW 2

Borrowed a copy (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) off a mate and watched it late last night and loved every second....not as good as the first one but still fantastic

9/10

"Jesus Christ private I didn't know they stacked shit that high."

Full Metal Jacket 10/10

just been going round work all day today, shouting of one liners.

I watched a little bit of that, that bloke freaked me out when he went mad with that gun....

:weep:

I actually just saw Napoleon Dynamite for the first time this week.

My brother's girlfriend had it in her collection. I had never been interested enough to see it myself, but since it wasn't going to cost me a rental... I saw it for freeeee! : peace:

About the film, it was okay. When you think about the fact they made it on a shoe string budget. It's fine. Has some funny moments (mostly amusing).

The last part of the film could've used more action, like a good american chase secuence..we can't have enough of them! :p

I'll tell you this, it's better than most of the independent film snore-fest i've seen.

Crash

Freaking awesome. Awesome actors, soundtrack, sotry, moral, etc... Go see this. Now.

Downfall on more 4 thursday night, about the final hours of Hitler and the Nazi state as Berlin fell to the Soviets in 1945. It was stunning. Absolutely stunning. There honestly isn't a bad actor in that whole film, and the script and cinematography is flawless. Sometimes the actors are actually too good - even as the Russians close in, Hitler and his closest aids appear to remain convinced of victory, and you yourself almost believe them. When Hitler feels he is betrayed by his former Leftenant Himmler, you can feel his rage and sorrow as if your best friend had betrayed you.

There are some fantastic, memorable lines in the film too:

(Hitler hands a loyal nurse a cyanide capsule)

Hitler: "I'm sorry I can't give you a nicer present."

Quite honestly, the best war film ever made, bar none. 10/10

This last film I watch was John Grishams The Rainmakers, great film with a good cast (Danny DeVito, Claire Danes, Jon Voight) Matt Damon was awesome as a youny rookier lawyer, trying to sue the Insurance company that denied money to save a young lad from Leukemia. The story is perfect and the ending is good and it also has a great side story with a love interest but its just right. 8/10

Downfall on more 4 thursday night, about the final hours of Hitler and the Nazi state as Berlin fell to the Soviets in 1945. It was stunning. Absolutely stunning. There honestly isn't a bad actor in that whole film, and the script and cinematography is flawless. Sometimes the actors are actually too good - even as the Russians close in, Hitler and his closest aids appear to remain convinced of victory, and you yourself almost believe them. When Hitler feels he is betrayed by his former Leftenant Himmler, you can feel his rage and sorrow as if your best friend had betrayed you.

There are some fantastic, memorable lines in the film too:

(Hitler hands a loyal nurse a cyanide capsule)

Hitler: "I'm sorry I can't give you a nicer present."

Quite honestly, the best war film ever made, bar none. 10/10

I am half way through watching this now, got it on sky+, must admit the acting is awesome, its good to see a war film this isnt just glory, Americans, good vs evil.

Its on imdb.com at 44 out of all time 250 films :bowdown:

Best War WW2 films are Schindlers List, The Great Raid, Saving Private Ryan.

Just watched Planet of the Apes on Ch4. Saw it in the cinema also. It's not a bad film, I can't compare it to the originals however as I haven't seen them, but in its own right it was fairly enjoyable. The special effects and casting was pretty good though I just felt like I was waiting for the end just for some answers and didn't care much about the human struggle sub-plot. The ending does annoy me as I still don't understand it. I'd probably give it 6/10

Just watched Signs. The pace is a bit too slow and the story is brought down by mel gibson's inner religious struggle. In fact i couldnt recommend this movie at all if it werent for one or two genuinely terrifying scenes that creeped me out, maybe because i watched it at sunset. Also one of the first gibson movies where he doesnt show his bare ass on camera. +/- 1 point depending on personal preference 5/10

Just watched Planet of the Apes on Ch4. Saw it in the cinema also. It's not a bad film, I can't compare it to the originals however as I haven't seen them, but in it's own right it was fairly enjoyable. The special effects and casting was pretty good though I just felt like I was waiting for the end just for some answers and didn't care much about the human struggle sub-plot. The ending does annoy me as I still don't understand it. I'd probably give it 6/10

The ending is almost directly taken from the original planet of the apes novel. Explaining it can get really, really confusing. So, i suggest either reading the book (which you can buy from here) or visiting the imdb planet of the apes forum and getting somewhere there to break it down for you.

Pitjr: The film is mostly based around Mel Gibson's religion struggle. It's about the "what if's" or "fate/are things meant to happen."

Just about to watch The Fog. The remake is out soon, and so i want to see if this is any good first. Will post scores after viewing.

The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Watched it before, watched again yesturday, wierd, but very true to the books 9/10

I watched The Patriot last night on dvd. Awesome movie very emotional and well paced, Mel Gibson plays another awesome role. I get flamed all the time for this but I actually prefer it to Braveheart. 9/10

Saw Big Mommas House 2 a week or so ago, I loved it. Some very funny moments and a decent plot.

8/10

The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Watched it before, watched again yesturday, wierd, but very true to the books 9/10

It's a good movie, but the jokes could've been executed better. For instance the towel joke is never explained. They just tried to cram as much as possible from the books in 104 minutes, along with new story elements, that people not familiar with the books have no idea what is going on.

Because I'm a HHGTTG fan, I give it 8/10, otherwise I would give it 6/10.

Last film I watched was Final Destination 3. Absolute bollocks. Only watched it cos my mates forced me to.

Utter shit it was.... :o

I've seen a couple this weekend.

Predator

I had no idea what this was about before I watched it, but it wasn't really for me. There was quite a lot of suspense at the beginning and it kept me gripped wanting to know what the creature was but I need more of a story in my films, I guess this one's more for guys.

Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story

Definately worth watching if you like Family Guy, or even if you haven't seen it. It's got everything you'd expect from a Family Guy episode, with all the favourite characters making an appearance and lots of laugh out loud moments. I can't believe some of the stuff they get away with.

Final Destination 3 - Same as the others but the deaths have to be some of the most gruesome yet, which more than makes up for it. 7/10

I totally agree, watched it last night with a few friends.

It turns into a comedy when you have a really jumpy girl sitting next to ya, so definitely worth seeing with friends!

House of the Flying Daggars

A really beautiful film with a good but a bit confusing story. The fight scenes are superb and the final fight is brilliant, also the characters get lots of time to develop.

Still it lacks the epic appeal that Hero has, but I guess the creators didn't want it to have it.

8.5/10

As promised, here is my rating for The Fog. I give it 7/10. Some parts are decent and some parts are well done. Could've had a better ending though, but definitely an enjoyable film.

Who watched Alien Nation last night? Was good until the end. It's bin done. Still watchable 6/10 (-1 for the ending).

I'm gonna watch Starship Troopers 2 tonight. The first one was brilliant. I just hope they don't do what so often happens with sequels. They just totally change the style, try and make it some sort of action-packed super film and spew out a massive, dripping bag of wank. Fingers crossed.

I saw Kingdom of Heaven last night. I love these kind of films so I was bound to like it, but it didn't live up to my expectations and it lacks something. Quite a big something. Also I can't remember Orlando Bloom smiling once throughout the whole film, I think hes a dull actor personally.

The film wasn't bad, it was enjoyable and I recommend watching if you like films like Troy, Gladiator etc. but it lacked magic and emotion.

Just watched Signs. The pace is a bit too slow and the story is brought down by mel gibson's inner religious struggle. In fact i couldnt recommend this movie at all if it werent for one or two genuinely terrifying scenes that creeped me out, maybe because i watched it at sunset. Also one of the first gibson movies where he doesnt show his bare ass on camera. +/- 1 point depending on personal preference 5/10

The part at the children's birthday party really freaked me out.

House of the Flying Daggars

A really beautiful film with a good but a bit confusing story. The fight scenes are superb and the final fight is brilliant, also the characters get lots of time to develop.

Still it lacks the epic appeal that Hero has, but I guess the creators didn't want it to have it.

8.5/10

I personally find Hotfd more epic than Hero. Perhaps its because Hero is quite short.

The Killing Fields

Probably one of my favourite films. It's an emotional real life story set during Pol Pot's regime, and it's just completely commendable on it's acting and cinematography, and had an awesome ending. 9/10

I saw Kingdom of Heaven last night. I love these kind of films so I was bound to like it, but it didn't live up to my expectations and it lacks something. Quite a big something. Also I can't remember Orlando Bloom smiling once throughout the whole film, I think hes a dull actor personally.

The film wasn't bad, it was enjoyable and I recommend watching if you like films like Troy, Gladiator etc. but it lacked magic and emotion.

Excellent movie, that one is one of my personal favs.

Anywho, I just watched Unleashed with Jet Li, and i thought it was a really good movie, good story, action and drama.

4 and 1/2 stars