NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Amanda Crew doesn't have enough screen time? She is most scenes....lol.

I agree shes fucking gorgeous though. You're incorrect though, it was amazing.

It wasn't amazing, I was expecting it to be hilarious....but it was merely a chuckle. I could watch it again, but I don't really feel to. Superbad though (which for me it was compared to) was just greatly hilarious and never felt to be trying too hard, I can watch that multiple times in a row and still laugh at all of it.

And yes, Crew may be in most scenes, but that's still not enough;)

Secretary

It was very good, and original. I liked the message it put accross...for some people (and an excellent Maggie Gylenhaal), inflicting pain, or having pain inflicted isn't just self-indulgent...or if it is, should we frown upon it if it ultimately does that person good?

Some quirky humour in there too. And full-frontal nudity from Maggie. But I don't think she's that hot. And it was a tender scene, so it wasn't sleazy.

8/10

La Haine (Hate)

A French movie that follows 3 boys from the urban streets of Paris for 24 hours the day after a riot.

It had all around good acting and it showed a pretty bleak picture of Paris (at least in their eyes)

Also, loved the ending. Very powerful.

La Haine (Hate)

A French movie that follows 3 boys from the urban streets of Paris for 24 hours the day after a riot.

It had all around good acting and it showed a pretty bleak picture of Paris (at least in their eyes)

One of Spennos favourite films.

http://fyeonline.webs.com/meettheteam.htm

Futurama: Into The Wild Green Yonder

As with the last three, this is as brilliant as the show itself. Lots of great moments.

I especially loved how it made you think you had guessed the twist (like the obvious twist in Bender's Big Score) only to have it twist in a brilliant and surprising direction.

It's also great as to who they got to voice the thing at the end.

I want more!

The ending actually seems to fit in well with Groening mentioning the possibility of a full theatrical film. Although hopefully if they do it it'll be different to the DVD film, rather the long episodes that these are (and are supposed to be) and not suck like the Simpsons one.

9/10

STRIPED BIOLOGIST TAUNTERS!

La Haine (Hate)

Sweet, I bought this for my Dad's birthday recently, haven't watched it yet but yah.

Roudnup of the films I've seen of late

Slumdog - 8 / 10 - Prettyful and good fun

Wrestler - 9 / 10 - Pretty Amazing, especially Rourke

The Page Turner - 7 / 10 - Very tense, very weird

Role Models - 7 / 10 - good luls

Badlands - 8 / 10 - Good

'cus im too lazy to write more

My Bloody Valentine 3D 6/10

Went to see this at the flicks last night. Standard horror film knocked up a few notches by the awesome 3D....

No Country For Old Men

the ending. Dare you make up your own conclusion? Did he really kill the wife, that's the question on all of our lips.

I loved how it was actually exhilarating in the bit with motel. Like, screaming into my fist.

9.3/10

The Mist

Underrated film from last year by Frank Darabont, based on a Stephen King novel, where a group of people are imprisoned in a supermarket, after some mist surrounds them, and guess what - there's something in it. Very good, even if the crazy religious woman was a bit annoying and the 'love it or hate it' ending was both shocking and perfect in my opinion. Would of been nice if it was longer than 2 hours.

7.5/10

@Chair

You know some idiots (including me) haven´t seen the movie so you might wanna spoiler tag that.

Valkyrie

I thought it was pretty cool. Good cast. Enjoyable. I love Bryan Singers direction. Very simple, bold and dynamic camera angles, makes it look very cool, almost like a comic book. But yeah thought it was cool. Hitler and all that.

7/10

No Country For Old Men

the ending. Dare you make up your own conclusion? Did he really kill the wife, that's the question on all of our lips.

I loved how it was actually exhilarating in the bit with motel. Like, screaming into my fist.

9.3/10

In my mind, yes he did kill her because when you see him leaving the house, he wipes his shoes, as if to make sure theres no traces of blood (similar to what he does when he kills the character earlier on (forget the name - the army looking fellow)

Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious he killed the wife because he checked his shoes. The interesting thing is that he probably killed her without the coin toss when she said her little speech. The character at that moment went through the biggest development. Then for chance to happen again with the car accident is just... beautiful. When you watched it for the first time you knew it was coming, you could feel it. Such an amazing film...

No Country For Old Men

9.3/10

if you like the film, you should really check out Cormac McCarthy's books (he wrote NCFOM for the kids at the back)

they're similarly brutal- full of debate on the amorality of nature, atheists answers to evil and such like. I've recently finished The Road which is amazing and I've just started Blood Meridian which seems almost as good, and is an excellent disassembly of the Wild West myth perpetrated by Americans.

It's also worth noting that in the book it mentions she gets killed by Chigurh. It is an amazing film which raises so many questions and interpretations. I personally think that Anton Chigurh is sort of like Grim Reaper, and he goes along giving everybody a chance to live, until that girl denies him, therefore denying the chance involved in death. It's kinda complicated and strange, but it's certainly a strong movie about violence and death.

The Dark Knight

Second time I've seen this. I think they should have called it 'The Joker' or something along those lines because it really is about him.

9/10

The Road

I was completely unimpressed.

The Dark Knight

Second time I've seen this. I think they should have called it 'The Joker' or something along those lines because it really is about him.

... riiiight.

I also just watched The Dark Night for the second time on blu-ray.

Poor film. Overrated: 2/10

I also just watched The Dark Night for the second time on blu-ray.

Poor film. Overrated: 2/10

2/10 is a bit harsh, no?

Yeah, you're right. It is overrated. Depending on my mood it'd swing from 6 through to 9.

Having thought it was a bit crap in the cinema I preferred it the second time. I definitely thought it made more sense with the Joker as the central character with Batman doing his thing.

Haha I was joking lol. It's one of my favourite films. The only thing is that I may have liked a bit more action/speed chases but maybe I just didn't want the film to end?

Anyway great film.

The Dark Knight

9/10

not really. It's not about Batman either, though. If anything, it's about the entire city with Batman and The Joker and Dent as powerful forces fighting over a kind of ownership. Neither of them are central enough to claim it either way.

I was completely unimpressed.

yeah? It's a weird one I'll give you that so I wouldn't be surprised to see alot of people not get along with it. Particularly the prose.

I found it utterly gripping though. I couldn't look away.

Haha I was joking lol. It's one of my favourite films. The only thing is that I may have liked a bit more action/speed chases but maybe I just didn't want the film to end?

Anyway great film.

I thought it was too long. They tried to fit too much in. I definitely think it is overrated.