Rate the last film you saw

Death Race

Good mindless fun.

7/10

Kangaroo Jack

A steaming pile of turd.

2/10

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Come with me if you want to live. Nuff said.

10/10

I feel like killing you, right now. No offense, but I do.
While I don't agree with the killing sentiment lol, I do agree that Forrest Gump is a joy to watch. It's epic. Retro, howcome you don't like it?

While I don't agree with the killing sentiment lol, I do agree that Forrest Gump is a joy to watch. It's epic. Retro, howcome you don't like it?
Maybe I need to watch it again. I saw it quite a few times when I was younger and I always found it a bit dark and depressing in places. Those have always been my lasting impressions of the film and havn't felt any desire to ever rewatch it.

But perhaps it's not a film I could have properly appreciated at the time, I dunno.

I was quite young when I first saw it and didn't really get it. I also didn't really watch it properly.

But I re watched it years later and absolutely love it.

Forest Gump is one of My childhood films along with Alien and Toy Story!. I loved it then I was only about 9 or 10 though. :) I haven't watched it since then!

___

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy

I wish I watched it when it was first released as I feel I would have found it much funnier! It was still a good film to watch but all the great jokes I already knew or had seen which is what ruined it for me.

Still made me laugh and put a smile on my face. I liked all the Cameo's as well and it had a good lot of comic actors. It was Will Ferrel at the best I've ever seen him though! :D

I like Forest Gump, but only once in a while. It's very long and not much happens(well, alot happens, but in a drawn out manner) which makes subsequent viewings hard to do close together.

Forest Gump is one of My childhood films along with Alien and Toy Story!. I loved it then I was only about 9 or 10 though. :) I haven't watched it since then!

Huh?

If you've only ever seen Alien as a child, watch it now. There's no way you could have appreciated it fully back then.

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy

I wish I watched it when it was first released as I feel I would have found it much funnier! It was still a good film to watch but all the great jokes I already knew or had seen which is what ruined it for me.

Still made me laugh and put a smile on my face. I liked all the Cameo's as well and it had a good lot of comic actors. It was Will Ferrel at the best I've ever seen him though! :D

Saw this for the first time the other night... well I fell asleep about 1hr in to it.

Wasn't all that impressed. I only really laughed at Steve Carell's character, the retarded weatherman, who I thought was funny!

Continued to not be impressed in the slightest by Will Ferrel!

Saw this for the first time the other night... well I fell asleep about 1hr in to it.

Wasn't all that impressed. I only really laughed at Steve Carell's character, the retarded weatherman, who I thought was funny!

Continued to not be impressed in the slightest by Will Ferrel!

Fair enough. :) I'm not usually fan of Will Ferrel but in this he made me laugh something he doesn't usually achieve from me!

Yes Steve Carrel's character was the best part of the film. Anyway it was a bit of stupidity that I wanted on a Friday evening!

Huh?

If you've only ever seen Alien as a child, watch it now. There's no way you could have appreciated it fully back then.

Oh no! I have watched Alien since then. :D I just first watched it when I was 8 and watched it constantly! (Yes I wasn't very restricted in which films I could watch.)

I meant Forest Gump I haven't, which I should do.

Terminator I haven't however. :( (watch since my childhood) I should get on that. Shouldn't be to hard it is constantly on ITV 2! :p

Maybe I need to watch it again. I saw it quite a few times when I was younger and I always found it a bit dark and depressing in places. Those have always been my lasting impressions of the film and havn't felt any desire to ever rewatch it.

But perhaps it's not a film I could have properly appreciated at the time, I dunno.

You should definitely rewatch! :) It is dark and personally I love that, but it also has alot of humour and is extremely uplifting. I think it's amazing how one film can run through 30ish years of American history, look at disability, war, love, drugs, abuse etc; all the while focusing on one adorable man of substandard intelligence, who often thrives because of his innocence and 'stupidity'. I just love, lol.

I'd never seen it, until last year. (I went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Hut in Florida few times in late 2007/early 2008, and so felt inspired to actually watch it)

I thought it was great. And would recommend it to anyone.

i do love forrest. just wanted to take him home and teach him all about the world.

that sounds very gay.....

Scary Movie

Forgot how much I loved it. Laugh a minute. Brilliant. Undiluted comedy genius.

9/10

Forrest Gump 8/10

I actually only saw this for the first time a couple of days ago. Very enjoyable. Tom Hanks is brilliant, he really makes you feel for his character.

Full Metal Jacket 9/10

Awesome film. The first part of the film is both incredibly funny and disturbing come the end as the men go through training. The second half was equally as enjoyable as the recruits battle their way through Vietnam.

Goldfinger 8/10

In my opinion, not quite as good as some of Brosnan's, but that's probably becuase I grew up with them and had one gold cartridge for the N64. However, it was still very impressive, both funny and exciting. Great theme song.

Gangs of New York 6/10

Not one of Scorsese's best, but it has some decent moments, mainly Daniel Day Lewis. But it's long and it goes a little over the top at times.

Rear Window 9.5/10

Wonderfully crafted and charming Hitchcock classic.

Personally I think scorsese has been drastically worse in the last decade, since he got his hands on mega-budgets. Always going to provide good films, but nothing to really drag him out of the leading pack.

You've had a good week (or whatever) of films there, dynamo. I ever so desperately need a whack of good films to watch.

I didn't appreciate Forrest Gump either when i was young. I thought it was very long back then, and thought it got boring, probably because i didn;t really get what was going on. I think i remember not watching after he got the shrimp boat.

Nevertheless, have seen it a few times since then and do love it. Its so sad. I've switched over to it when its been on TV during the last half an hour or so and actually found myself tearing up (you know the part im taling about!). It has my g/f in tears just seeing that one scene, its so powerful. Such a testamanet to how touching the film is if just one moment can break you down!

JOINT SECURITY AREA

JSA-Joint-Security-Area.jpg

It's a bit slow in places, very choppy and a few scenes which didn't really need to be in there. But it was pretty good, the picture that was taken in the middle of the film, is shown in detail at the end of them film & it has to be one of the best uplifting ends to a movie I've ever seen. I can't say I know alot about the Korean War sooo that didn't help, but over all it was s'good!

3.5/5

Taken (Blu-ray Version)

Liam Neeson stars in this "trust your Father" action movie. Don't kidnap someones daughter, you may get a pissed off Father looking for you. Awesome movie, loved every minute of it. 10/10

Taken - Extras

There is a Real Tim Mission Intelligence which counts how many kills, injuries and how much time he has left to find his daughter. It also displays a map showing the locations he is visiting as well. This is only compatible with certain players.

Also there is a making of area complete with a Six Inside Action: Side by Side Comparison which shows a different side to all the best bits of the films. And then the usual stuff inc documentary.

I think the extras are pretty neat to be honest.

Taken (Blu-ray Version)

Liam Neeson stars in this "trust your Father" action movie. Don't kidnap someones daughter, you may get a pissed off Father looking for you. Awesome movie, loved every minute of it. 10/10

That film was a 15 in the cinema and only a 'PG-13' in America yet it's recieved an 18 on the dvd, there must have been some really hardcore stuff that got left out of theatrical, tis a shame because I thought it was quite tame violence wise.

Retro, give Anchorman another go sometime when you've got a group of mates round drinking or something. The first time i watched it i don't think i was in the right mood for it and wasn't very impressed myself, but i watched it again and thought it was brilliant. i've bought it on dvd since.

Another good Will Ferrel film is Old School. sheer brilliance.

I'm just about to watch Taken, even more hyped now :)

That film was a 15 in the cinema and only a 'PG-13' in America yet it's recieved an 18 on the dvd, there must have been some really hardcore stuff that got left out of theatrical, tis a shame because I thought it was quite tame violence wise.

I have no idea what was missed out, probably some extended scenes showing more blood, death etc. It wasn't the same version as i saw in the cinema, that was about 80 mins long. This version is 90 minutes long, so longer than the original cinematic release.

Retro, give Anchorman another go sometime when you've got a group of mates round drinking or something. The first time i watched it i don't think i was in the right mood for it and wasn't very impressed myself, but i watched it again and thought it was brilliant. i've bought it on dvd since.

Another good Will Ferrel film is Old School. sheer brilliance.

I'm just about to watch Taken, even more hyped now :)

Yeah it might be worth another go I guess; maybe I'll add it to my LoveFilm rental list!

I'm waiting for LoveFilm to get a copy of Taken to me, I guess it's in demand as there's no movement yet. Really wanna watch it!

Yeah it might be worth another go I guess; maybe I'll add it to my LoveFilm rental list!

I'm waiting for LoveFilm to get a copy of Taken to me, I guess it's in demand as there's no movement yet. Really wanna watch it!

I guess it is one of them movies at the moment, last time i checked Tesco sold out and W H Smiths in Chepstow had sold out of this movie. Lucky i pre-ordered back in December.

You won't be disappointed with Taken.

I absolutely adored Taken. IMO second best film last year.

----------

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

.........Speechlessly awesome. Or if I'm forced to use some fancy talk ; A heart assaulting, perception obliterating journey through time woefully weaved into a tale of love and death.

9.2/10