NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

the holiday

so jamba bought this dvd for my mum's christmas present ~ who then insisted on watching it with me... not that bad.

well i mean i didnt wanna top myself straight afterwards... i'll be the first to admit that i secretly love jack black's fooling around ~ and considering he doesnt do much of his trademark dicking about in this film i really enjoyed his performance. the other guy who i forget the name of was also pretty good... and the toryline with the old dude was really sweet... but saying that i'll fall in love with any old jewish guy who uses the word "schmuck" in everyday conversation.

film's only ruined by the girls... it's cameron diaz and kate windslett's rather boring cardboard cutout characters.. AGAIN. its like they had a character depth and personality quota but they used it all up on jack black and that other guy i forgot the name of's characters.

meh/10 - because i could have been watching dexter instead.

You didn't miss much. It was pretty dull.

Since it was my first episode of Dexter watchings, I have no basis for comparison.

the holiday

so jamba bought this dvd for my mum's christmas present ~ who then insisted on watching it with me... not that bad.

well i mean i didnt wanna top myself straight afterwards... i'll be the first to admit that i secretly love jack black's fooling around ~ and considering he doesnt do much of his trademark dicking about in this film i really enjoyed his performance. the other guy who i forget the name of was also pretty good... and the toryline with the old dude was really sweet... but saying that i'll fall in love with any old jewish guy who uses the word "schmuck" in everyday conversation.

film's only ruined by the girls... it's cameron diaz and kate windslett's rather boring cardboard cutout characters.. AGAIN. its like they had a character depth and personality quota but they used it all up on jack black and that other guy i forgot the name of's characters.

My gf convinced me to buy this for her on DVD because she said 'it would be a good Christmas movie'....it wasn't.

I guess it was an ok chick flick, I liked Jude Law's character and it was nice to see caaraazzy Jack Black play well...Jack Black but in a different type of film. However Diaz and Winslett were plain, uninteresting characters and really did not hold me attention.

Sigh.../10

If you want to see jack in a different role, watch king kong, he's pretty damn good at being a complex character

If you want to see jack in a different role, watch king kong, he's pretty damn good at being a complex character

I have seen it and totally forgot Jack Black was in that. I agree, he was brilliant in that film.

See... you're making me wanna drink your milkshake.

heh, that could be quite an insult or a compliment really.

I can teach you...

BUT I HAVE TO CHARGE!

La la la la la.....warm it up, la la la la la...

haha, classic!

Cloverfield - 8/10

Second time I've seen this and enjoyed it.

Filmed in a great way, good acting, good effects, good pacing throughout [and I like the interspurced clips of Rob and Beths date]. An all round enjoyable film!

No Country For Old Men

First viewing, I liked it. It only felt long winded for the quite odd ending. I've seen odder endings though (A History of Violence).

8/10

Speaking of History of Violence, has anyone seen Appaloosa, err nevermind I was gonna ask for impressions, but it seems it hasn't reached the UK yet(just checked), other parts of Europe though.

defience

well, for a start, i was sat at the very front, so my perspective was bad, and i had an idot woman next to me. she said several times, loudly, "thats spider from corrination street!" yes, it is, and thats billy elliot but i dont feel the need to inform you. still, that wasnt the films fault.

actual film. was pretty good. petty bassic story really (idiot woman didnt get it) but some decent acting, very well shot action and some rather hauting moments.

that said, it dragged at moments, and a couple of moments seemed a bit hollywood cliche for a true story.

still, very enjoyable, and an important story to tell

8/10

and once again, the spirit was a horrible film. im starting to think it gave me th AIDs.

I watched The Descent. It was pretty fun, massively silly but quite tense and exciting.

Bunch of excitable women jump down a hole. Shit goes awry. Shit goes even more awry. Equilibrium. Some other stuff.

I also watched Manhattan. There is something distinctly unsettling about Woody Allen. Nice, witty script with some wonderfullu sharp lines and the whole thing has a lovely feel to it. Also I love New York, so that helped.

Main problem, The Simpsons has ruined Woody Allen for me, brilliantly, but still ruined. XD

While She Was Out

Omg! It was brilliant! Kim Basinger was fantastic as the housewife turned victim turned killer. Loved the storyline, and was thrilling throughout. I love these types of movies. A definite suprise for sure. It was completely real time too. It all occured in that 2 hours.

Also, the ending? Fucking ace. It's like the ultimate "Don't fuck with me, I'm female" movie. (That so should have been the title)

Also, the ending? Fucking ace. It's like the ultimate "Don't fuck with me, I'm female" movie. (That so should have been the title)

Having not seen it I'm still going to presume "I Spit On Your Grace" and "Irreversible" are more so :p

I watched The Descent. It was pretty fun, massively silly but quite tense and exciting.

Bunch of excitable women jump down a hole. Shit goes awry. Shit goes even more awry. Equilibrium. Some other stuff.

I discovered yesterday they are doing a sequel. o___0

I discovered yesterday they are doing a sequel. o___0

The Ascent? Where they climb back up and creepy shit happens?

Role Models

Good and unclean fun, some of the jokes are cheesy and some of it is a little bit weird especially one of the female characters. We all came out of the cinema and said we had no clue why she kept saying stuff about bullshit. Anyway quite a few laughs and good ending. Well want to get involved with that layer game now.7.5/10

Sex Drive

I personally thought this was very funny. I wouldn't compare it to road trip because its different from that, yes they are in a car (well road trip starts off in one :p) but you don't see anything else that is similar. Many laughs and the ending is obvious but still good. I will never hear the word chilli as the same way again :)8.5/10

"Irreversible"

Lol, That film was horrific. The rape scene, was literally unwatchable. Not because the film was terrible, but because it was just so incredibly well done.

I think it just means your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

lol, a great lyric postage. I don't want to know what people think milkshake means!

The Bank Job

Just awful. Jason Statham in a 'Life on Mars' style 1970's bank robbery film. Statham should keep to his usual uber tough guy act, in this he was just completely unbelievable. Poorly acted all round and as it was loosely based on real events it could have been good. Some ridiculous scenes had my brother and I hurling abuse at the TV. By the end I just wanted it to be over so I could do something else.

1/10

Trainspotting

I haven't watched in years and I still love it. Don't need to say much as everyone must have seen it, it's a masterpiece. Obviously there are so many amazing performances and quotes; the final speech is incredible. But last night for me it was the speech about being Scottish that stood out, it's desperate, funny, perfectly written. All in all a top notch film.

10/10

Trainspotting

I haven't watched in years and I still love it. Don't need to say much as everyone must have seen it, it's a masterpiece. Obviously there are so many amazing performances and quotes; the final speech is incredible. But last night for me it was the speech about being Scottish that stood out, it's desperate, funny, perfectly written. All in all a top notch film.

10/10

I really want to see it, but never had the chance. Maybe i should just buy it.

I really want to see it, but never had the chance. Maybe i should just buy it.

Oh yeah definitely, there are some films you can buy without having seen and know you won't be regretting it, Trainspotting is one of them!

Considering I love films (especially good ones) I've never seen Trainspotting.

I even live in Edinburgh.