NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I like both equally. ReZ thinks Transformers is an amazing film, so I can't not deny himany rights as an opinion-making film-goer.

Iron Man is like a perfect solid package. Nothing to think about after, except that you really enjoyed it! And if a film does that, it doesn't need to be intelectual or whatever.

Superman Returns is bit more of an investment. And considering I dislike Superman as a premise, I kinda like what they did. It felt a bit odd at the end, as you analyse it as a whole, but still. I liked it.

The aeroplane scene in the cinema was breathtaking.

Still not seen all of Iron Man (I've seen like the first 20 mins). Superman felt funny - but not really that good.

I wish they'd just restart the story like they did with Batman Begins, and get over it.

2001 : A Space Odyssey

10/10

Absolutely amazing.

This was made in 1968? Fuck me harder, that's one acheivement.

Lol.

Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope

I'd only ever seen this once before, about 5 years ago. I know, I'm terrible. But it was fun enough reminiscing. As I was really tired and at that point where you're sobering down from having that numb-hand drunk feeling, I can't remember what happened from when they escaped the closing in walls up to the death star destruction.

I love Leia though. Unbelievably good at fighting.

7/10

I love how all the characters actually have personalities. Like Leia being really rude to Chewbacca. And Han Solo having a lovely life.

And yes, I do love the fact Leia is unbelievably good at fighting.

I'd rate it 10/10, because I do love.

Deep Impact

CLASSIC movie. God I love it. I grew up watching it on tv every christmas and loved it to bits. Elijah Wood is excellent.

Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope

I'd only ever seen this once before, about 5 years ago. I know, I'm terrible. But it was fun enough reminiscing. As I was really tired and at that point where you're sobering down from having that numb-hand drunk feeling, I can't remember what happened from when they escaped the closing in walls up to the death star destruction.

I love Leia though. Unbelievably good at fighting.

7/10

You're mad for only having seen it once and for giving it a 7. But you're right about Leia, she is a powerful fighting princess :heart:.

2001 : A Space Odyssey

10/10

Absolutely amazing.

This was made in 1968? Fuck me harder, that's one acheivement.

:laughing:

I need to watch 2001 again. I watched it many years ago, and remember nothing other than it being amazing.

I just watched The Wrestler. Was really quite good. Mickey Rourke was fantastic, and it was emotional without being smaltzy, thoroughly believable, and suitably depressing.

He best get nomination for best actor, at least. Cos he really was sublime.

Deep Impact

Not as good as I remembered.

When the comet finally hit it is awesome though. Looked good too.

6/10

Well, Superman Returns is a superior film to Iron Man, comics or no comics. I see no tears.

Lol.....

I like both equally. ReZ thinks Transformers is an amazing film, so I can't not deny himany rights as an opinion-making film-goer.

Do you mean the opposite of what you're written....or am I being a retard?

Iron Man is like a perfect solid package. Nothing to think about after, except that you really enjoyed it! And if a film does that, it doesn't need to be intelectual or whatever.

Superman Returns is bit more of an investment. And considering I dislike Superman as a premise, I kinda like what they did. It felt a bit odd at the end, as you analyse it as a whole, but still. I liked it.

The aeroplane scene in the cinema was breathtaking.

It was just so bad though. Like...ugh. I think it just failed on all levels. Considering it was trying to be a homage to the old films, which is just a bad idea. Superman has a kid, who kills people? What...was that. The aeroplane bit was very good....staggering how Lois Lane didn't die, but yeah. I just really hated that film. It was like an incredibly boring comic book. Not even Kal Penn could save it. Nothing happened essentially. If a villain has no super powers, then the action has to be carefully thought out and the danger has to be emphasised and this film didn't do that.

And I hate Superman. But an example of someone who can tell a good Superman story is Geoff Johns. Lex has been in about 4 panels of this current arc (that I've read) and hes been more menacing than in the whole of Returns.

Awful film, and I'm sorry but it absolutely is.

Enchanted

Disappointing. Was expecting something which spoof's fairytales, as it's highly regarded, such as Shrek, but what I got was a predictable childish love story. Beautiful animation at the start however. If only it had stuck to that...

Wall-E

My second viewing and it's still brilliant. Lost a bit of it's magic but it's still charming. The 'Pixar Story' doc on the DVD is well worth a watch btw!

Bee Movie

Heard mixed things about this one, but I very much enjoyed it. My favourite Dreamworks pic after Shrek 1 + 2. Jerry Seinfield's voice makes the lead character very likeable and it has quite a few fun moments. The last 10 minutes or so are a bit OTT however.

The Bridges of Madison County

Clint Eastwood film in which he play's a photographer who has an affair with an Italian housewife over four days while her family's away. Streep is amazing, and it's a well made film, but does drag in places.

It was just so bad though. Like...ugh. I think it just failed on all levels. Considering it was trying to be a homage to the old films, which is just a bad idea. Superman has a kid, who kills people? What...was that. The aeroplane bit was very good....staggering how Lois Lane didn't die, but yeah. I just really hated that film. It was like an incredibly boring comic book. Not even Kal Penn could save it. Nothing happened essentially. If a villain has no super powers, then the action has to be carefully thought out and the danger has to be emphasised and this film didn't do that.

And I hate Superman. But an example of someone who can tell a good Superman story is Geoff Johns. Lex has been in about 4 panels of this current arc (that I've read) and hes been more menacing than in the whole of Returns.

Awful film, and I'm sorry but it absolutely is.

I hate Lex Luthor in the movies, he never seems menacing or particularly smart, especially in the Chris Reeve movies where he just wants land (Yes in Returns he wants that aswell but its at least a bit more interesting way of getting it)

I think Brandon Routh did an alright job as Superman and I actually prefer his Clark Kent to Reeves. Reeves Clark wasnt likable I found, he was over the top bumbling not just mild mannered. Thats probably why one of my favourite versions of Clark was Dean Cain as it actually felt like a real person.

The next Superman movies really need a lot more action and a villian which can actually go toe to toe with Superman and throw some punches! Either that or have a proper world in peril story. The movies need to start pushing Superman to his limits and showing him struggling more than just lifting an island with Kryptonite poking out of it.

The Dark Knight

Brilliant I much prefered it the 2nd time as I knew what was going on and actually got the story or whatever. :) Somethings annoyed me less also such as the Sonar and What I thought was a sort appearance of Harvey as two face. Also Maggie worked for me as well, I normally hate it when the change a actor for the same character but she is miles better!

The Joker is equallly as amazing before and it is just a solid film overall. One of the best Super Hero movie as it has a good plot behind the action which is sometimes still too dark.

6.3 Bears out of 7

Wall-E

My second viewing and it's still brilliant. Lost a bit of it's magic but it's still charming. The 'Pixar Story' doc on the DVD is well worth a watch btw!

I saw a bit of this on my projector (the kids weren't really in the mood for watching a film). It looked absolutely stunning - the detail is incredible, especially compared to the cinema (I'll have to visit the Scala in Prestatyn when that's finished as it'll use digital projectors, not crummy film ones).

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Good second incarnation from Ron Pearlman. This is the Blu-Ray version of the movie so i can safely say it looks fantastic, sounds fantastic and all that. The extras are plentiful and the BD-Live features are quite good as well.

Story-wise, it is a great movie. Obviously the only references from the original movie come at the beginning and some patchy moments throughout. A bit predictable from the opening sequence about what will happen, but still a great movie though.

9/10

I thought the story was good right up until the end(which like you said was predictable) but it just pissed me off then.

The Dark Knight

as it has a good plot behind the action which is sometimes still too dark.

[/b]

Explain...

How can/ is it "too dark"?

Explain...

I'm sorry just read that sentence and it not sense much makes. :)

I mean it's hard to see what's going on sometimes as it's too dark! In Batman Begins this was more confused but in The Dark Knight when Batman Breaks into the chinese mans glasshut of dreams I could not see all the fighting that was going on as it was a bit dark. Same at the end when the Joker is in the building of madness and that fighting is going on.

I hope that explains what I mean a bit better. :D

Explain...

Considering it's a 12A, it is far too dark.

I wish they'd just make it a 15, and get over it.

Batman isn't and shouldn't be a franchise aimed at children, since he essentially beats up insane evil people who love killing.

It was in no way aimed at children. Only the merchandise, like the toys and posters etc.

So... *shrugs*

It was fine as a 12a. 12a is a somewhat flawed rating, as it allows tiny children in, as long as their with their silly parents. Don't hate the film, hate the rating system.

@ Coolness, I think the only confusingly shot bit is the Batradar or whatever it's called. Simply because it zooms around very quick. But apart from that...

Maybe it's just My TV.... I did fiddle with the brightness settings. :)

However It was like that in the Cinema as well! Though I felt it was improved upon since the first movie!

I agree about the darkness, both points, kinda. Begins in particular, had some pretty poor fight choreography and editing. Like the most annoyingly shakey bits in hte Bourne films. Added to that, dark environments made it just seem like they were trying to hide the shortcomings in the fights, but shrouding it all in darkness.

Dark Knight was much better. Also, on the ratingsness, Dark Knight should have been a 15. Some of it was pretty heavy. Although 12 year old me would have so so so pissed off if it was. XD 12A only seems to exist so they can release films that would be 15s and get revenues from a pre teen, early teen audience that wouldnt see the same film if it got a 15 rating, no?

Also, next Batman, Don Draper from Madmen as Batman, and Mickey Rourke as the Joker. Both of those, would be, at the very least, interesting. :D

Che Parts 1 and 2 today, back to back, 4hrs plus. Is going to be hardcore.

dark knight

watched it for the 2nd time. enjoyed it alot more this time. pushing the score up a whole digit.

realised that the film was more about harvey dent then the joker, and his fall from grace. id call the title "dark knight" at least double barroled as it applies just as much to poor harvey as to batman, hell, maybe it could even apply to the joker.

had heath ledger's performance not been so unbelivably good, id have to say, the film would suck. the plot was decent but ultimatly, seemed thin, there was only really two good action scenes, which was the opening and the whole truck/batmobile battle. the end battle was a little lacking.

when i first saw it, i found some of it to corney, but looking back it kinda has to be, i mean, it IS batman after all.

9/10.

Dark Knight

It's alright, why is everyone hyping it up too much? It's not the best movie in the whole world but everyone is making it out to be. It's definitely no Shankshaw Redemption but it is a great movie.

8/10

Bedtime Stories

A very entertaining Disney movie with Adam Sandler (one of my favourite comedy actors) and Russell Brand (one of my favourite comedians), it's great.

7/10

Mean Girls

LOVE IT! I'm a guy and I thought it was great!

8/10

Bride of Chucky

I'm a massive fan of the Chucky series and this is my favourite Chucky movie and I'm loving Jennifer Tilly in it :heh:

8/10

Where the #$&% is Santa?

For a Bam Margera film, it wasn't bad. Just felt more like an extended episode of Viva La Bam minus the usual characters. Good selection of music playing over the top, from Clutch to The 69 Eyes to The Moxy, and that's something you can always count on with something Bam does. Better than Haggard (couldn't be hard) but don't really see the point in releasing it as a film. Also had Kat Von D in it and she's such a legend. Oh and that bit near the end where the skateboard slams into the stepped up area.... christ, that must of hurt.

5 out of 10

Star Wars The Clone Wars

About as good as I thought it was gonna be. Why is it a movie? Why is the series being shown on Sky Movies? Why do the extras spoil a lot of the series so I can't watch it. Hmmm. Some of the battles are cool, the animation is pretty stunning. Each character looks like a water colour canvas. Dialogue is better than the films ;) and Ahsoka is as her name suggests....she sucks ass.

I really want to see the series though.

4/10

------------

Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Ah very nice. I havn't seen this in a long while. Its thoroughly enjoyable apart from the stupid bits (like....so much of it) but still. I still love it for the action scenes and Greivous and the space battles and such.

7.5/10

------------

American Beauty

Only the second time I've seen it, and the first was literally ages and ages ago. Actually adore this film. Just amazing. Go as far as to say one of my favourite movies.

9.5/10

Meet the Fockers

haha I love this film ^_^. Ass-hooolllleeee. Yipee. Anyway:

10/10

Risky Business

Tom Cruise in his pre-anti-thetan days plays model student Joel in a Ragen-esque feel good comedy about a model business student who finds love and happiness by prostituting women. Frankly, I find the whole thing fucking creepy. 0___o

There's just something wrong about a film whos only speaking female character who isn't a prostitute is the main character's miserly mother. :/

Fantastic Four - 5/10

First time watching it, thought I'd give it a go at last as it was on TV! Enjoyable enough, it was an alright watch, but really not all that great is it!

Doesn't have an epic feel to it in the slightest, the final fight takes place on the corner of some block somewhere and that's it! rubbish!

And how come The Invisible Girl says she can't hold back Dooms electricity he's blasting at her, yet at the end she can contain a Super Nova!!

True Romance - 6/10

I'm sure many would rate it higher, but for me it was just a good watch.

Story was kinda cool and how it all ends up, and the end shootout is pretty epic, but predictable nonetheless. It had it's memorable moments, the ending, the fight with Alabama and 'the Soprano', the rollercoaster etc... and some comedy thrown in to the mix. Great cast too!

Also good seeing Michael Rapaport, Brad Pitt, Samuel L Jackson, Gary Oldman etc... in early roles!

He Was A Quiet Man - 2/10

Another Christian Slater film. I get the movie, and the off the wall style of the film is interesting, but it's too depressing for my liking!

Two Hands - 7/10

OK this film is off the wall too, but this one I enjoyed! and I'd recommend people give it a watch.

Heath Ledger's great in the film; makes the character really endearing. Good interesting story, characters, good pace throughout with some great moments, scenes and acting!

Bridget Jones' Diary [2]: The Edge of Reason - 7/10

Think what you will, it's an enjoyable, light hearted, funny film!

Superhero Movie

Another 'meh im tired, lets borrow something easy' film. I like Ryan Hansen and basically he plays a less racist, and shallower version of Dick Cassablancas. Nothing great, as expected, but some suprising cameos; Leslie Neilson, Tracy Morgan, Dan Castalleneta (voice of Homer Simpson and more), Pamel Anderson, Jeffrey Tambor.

And some amusingly stupid humour and some awful stuff. And a 2 girls one cup reference :p