NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The Dark Knight

This time bought to me in glorious home high definition format. Fantastic. Possibly my favourite view? The dialogue was much clearer, and so I picked up on some of the more subtle bits. Also the making of's are EXCELLENT on this and help you appreciate the film more.

9.5/10

I saw Mulholland drive ageeees ago and I honestly can't remember any meaning to it, but I remember thinking it was awesome and completely messed up. Must watch again, thanks for reminding me. Blue Velvet is another one I need to watch again actually.

Anyone watch this today?...

Big

I've seen a hundred times but it still remains so sweet and funny. Tom Hanks is just so good at playing a child. Love it when she asks him what they're doing 'relationshipwise' and he just laughs and hits her, classic. Loads of other things too, but that got me today.

6/10

The Pursuit of Happyness

Been meaning to watch it for ages. A nice little 'feel good film', even if not particularly gripping...or maybe its because I waited 2 years and had heard about the storyline anyway.

You could actually understand what batman was saying?

I could understand the first time I watched it. Ooo, does this mean I'm special? :heh:

Big

I've seen a hundred times but it still remains so sweet and funny. Tom Hanks is just so good at playing a child. Love it when she asks him what they're doing 'relationshipwise' and he just laughs and hits her, classic. Loads of other things too, but that got me today.

6/10

I watched it too. Well, I only say the second half, but it was rather good. Not as bad as I expected it to be by any accounts.

The Dark Knight

This time bought to me in glorious home high definition format. Fantastic. Possibly my favourite view? The dialogue was much clearer, and so I picked up on some of the more subtle bits. Also the making of's are EXCELLENT on this and help you appreciate the film more.

9.5/10

Is that on Blu-Ray? Are the extras different between formats?

Cause the DVD making-ofs didn't seem much to me (not done them all the whole way through, but I think I saw a lot of what was on offer)

Basically, the bits I'm most interested in, the story, inspiration, cast, style etc..nothing about that. I assume because they couldn't show anything with Ledger in for some strange reason?

----

Glad people generally think Mulholland Drive was as awesome as I did.

Cause the DVD making-ofs didn't seem much to me (not done them all the whole way through, but I think I saw a lot of what was on offer)

Basically, the bits I'm most interested in, the story, inspiration, cast, style etc..nothing about that. I assume because they couldn't show anything with Ledger in for some strange reason?

There will be SO much more on Blu-Ray, surely? Also, why would they not be able to show stuff with Ledger in!?

----

Wall*E

FINALLY saw this. It's so good! One big unsubtle social (politcal?) statement about our future, but the driving story between Wall*E and Eve/Eva was touching, and the animation unbelievable!

9/10

There will be SO much more on Blu-Ray, surely? Also, why would they not be able to show stuff with Ledger in!?

No idea, but there was nothing to with the cast, so I assumed they just left it all out...maybe the family can prevent them from doing it or something?

Avoiding talking about what happened in terms of production after his death?

I just REALLY wanted to see that. Oh well.

I thought the extras on Blu-Ray were literally extras...like that crazy "MAKE YOUR OWN SCENE!" thing I've seen advertised. Not actually something that's an essential part of the concept of DVD extra features.

----

Glad people generally think Mulholland Drive was as awesome as I did.

I think its like double the amount of extra content, all in glorius HD. The bits I've seen so far are the "create a scene" bits, showing how many of the shots were done, in depth info on the filming, reasons for specific camera angles etc etc etc. It showed Heath in them also.

I thought the extras on Blu-Ray were literally extras...like that crazy "MAKE YOUR OWN SCENE!" thing I've seen advertised. Not actually something that's an essential part of the concept of DVD extra features.

Not sure if its on this, as the packaging doesn't state so but theres this Blu Ray Live thing where you can connect to other users and chat about the film, listen to other peoples commentaries and stuff like that whilst the film plays/or not etc, which is highly interesting also.

Mulholland Drive

A while back I mentioned how much I loved Eraserhead, and someone recommended me Mulholland Drive. So I got that for xmas. Just finished it now.

One of most...terrifying films I've seen recently. It's so fucking confusing, I have no idea what just happend. How can something not "scary"...become "scary"? Lynch is some master of his craft, cause I dont fucking know.

Agh. Really affected me this has...absolutely disturbingly good.

In the end, it fits together, but it doesn't at the same time. And for that reason, it's actually frightening.

WTF That was extraordinary 10/10

That was me I think, I told somebody to watch it a while back anyway. It's one of my favourite films. I love films that fuck with your head and Lynch is clearly the master of that. It was originally going to be a T.V series but nobody liked the script so he just expanded on the pilot and made it into a film. I can't even begin to think what would have been in the TV show.

Going to see The Curious case of Benjamin Button later today (David Fincher :heart: )

So no one else has see Mulholland Drive? I expected a flurry of "Oh yeah, that's some freaky shit!" or something.

Oh well.

I watched a while ago, a truly mindfucking movie which can be quickly summarized with this picture:

brain.jpg

Yay for Mindfucking.

Wanted

Another one I wanted (ha...) to see, and so got for Xmas. Loved it, thought it was great fun, in an OTT way.

I'm a fan of these stories of "realistic" super hero teams, if you get me. 'S why I liked Hellboy. (the movie)

A lot of uber actiony bits, and I love Angelina Jolie. Not as an object of sexiness (overrated, a bit scary looking), but I did love her shiny arse scene.

7.9/10

Pride and Glory

People may disagree with me but it was too bloody long and boring

4/10

nail on the head mate. also, it had a random bar fight that didnt need to happen.

kung fu panda

bloody love it. such a fun film, makes me want a turtle though

9/10

Mamma mia!

watched it for me mam, she was really happy i did so i dont mind. wasnt as bad i was prepraing myself for. kinda funy in places.

my dad singing and dancing along made me feel sick though

5/10

Fight Club

OVERATED SHIT, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, THE ENDING SUCKED AND IT WASN'T CLEAR, SERIOUSLY? DID HE DIE OR DID HE LIVE? IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL!

Great movie, full of messages and great acting

ANYONE WHO LIKES IT DESERVES TO DIE WITH A NAIL ON THE EYE.

Also, a great twist at the end, even though i knew it, i loved it

1/10 9/10

IT REALLY SUCKED

0 - Unwatchable.

1 - Shit.

2 - Awful.

3 - Very bad.

4 - Bad.

5 - Average.

6 - Good.

7 - Very good.

8 - Awesome.

9 - Amazing.

10 - Almost perfect movie.

Fight Club

OVERATED SHIT, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, THE ENDING SUCKED AND IT WASN'T CLEAR, SERIOUSLY? DID HE DIE OR DID HE LIVE? IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL!

Great movie, full of messages and great acting

ANYONE WHO LIKES IT DESERVES TO DIE WITH A NAIL ON THE EYE.

Also, a great twist at the end, even though i knew it, i loved it

1/10 9/10

IT REALLY SUCKED

I take comfort in knowing that eventually, you will die.

just being a dick

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button : Fantastic, one of the best films i've seen this year easily. Cate Blanchet surely a shoe in for the Oscar as well. Fincher + Pitt = Win

9/10

Kung fu Panda.

I watched it straight away on Christmas Day and it is so awesome! A brilliant film with excellent characters! I also love the absurdness of it such as Po being the son of a duck. :grin:

It is also wonderfully animated with a lot of bright colours. :)

6 Bears out of 7

Did you fell on the trick, Oxygen_Waste? :D

Anyways:

The Matrix

A Mind-Fuck story, a good acting (not great, but good), the beginning of the Slow-Mo and awesome special effects.

8/10

0 - Unwatchable.

1 - Shit.

2 - Awful.

3 - Very bad.

4 - Bad.

5 - Average.

6 - Good.

7 - Very good.

8 - Awesome.

9 - Amazing.

10 - Almost perfect movie.

Did you fell on the trick, Oxygen_Waste? :D

Anyways:

The Matrix

A Mind-Fuck story, a good acting (not great, but good), the beginning of the Slow-Mo and awesome special effects.

8/10

The Matrix is not a "mind-fuck". Especially as we have just used that term to (accurately) describe Mulholland Drive.

The Punisher 2

Incrediblyyyyyyy cheesy acting, horrible effects, unrealistic fighting sequences, and too much gore. There was a scene where the Punisher punches this dude in the nose, and his whole face caves into his skull. Pretty unnecessary (if not disgusting) gore.

The plot is an entirely different category of bad.

1.5/10

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button : Fantastic, one of the best films i've seen this year easily. Cate Blanchet surely a shoe in for the Oscar as well. Fincher + Pitt = Win

9/10

You have no idea how excited I am for this movie.

Yes Man

Stars Jim Carrey as the man who says "No" to all until he learns the power of "Yes". Now that is when the movie gets interesting and funny at the same time, not that it isn't interesting at the beginning or anything. Quite a brilliant movie full of laughs throughout.

9.5/10