NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The Dark Knight

I'm literally still orgasming to the beat of the soundtrack of this. 3rd time watching it, this time on DVD. The end speech was easier to pick out from the bassy soundtrack it seemed.

Still picking up bits I missed in dialogue when I watched in the first 2 times.

10/10

The Dark Knight

I'm literally still orgasming to the beat of the soundtrack of this. 3rd time watching it, this time on DVD. The end speech was easier to pick out from the bassy soundtrack it seemed.

Still picking up bits I missed in dialogue when I watched in the first 2 times.

10/10

Looking forward to Eddie Murphy as Riddler and Shia as Robin in the third film?

Yo go to hell! You go to hell and you die!

can shia not be like, some one who gets shot in the face? please?

murphy as the riddler would actualy be awsome,in a "oh god no!" sort of way

Well isn't Murphy confirmed as being The Riddler? At least that's what I read in the newspaper today, unless it's still just a rumour...

Anyway, saw Loft yesterday, a Belgian/Flemish film. Was pretty good, I like 'whodunit' type of stories. =)

Well isn't Murphy confirmed as being The Riddler? At least that's what I read in the newspaper today, unless it's still just a rumour...

Anyway, saw Loft yesterday, a Belgian/Flemish film. Was pretty good, I like 'whodunit' type of stories. =)

It was in the Sun I think, it's already been confirmed to be false...I mean it was in the Sun.

I think the best rumour was Johnny Depp as the Riddler, now that would be awesome.

Yeah its a complete fabrication, and loads of places are confirming it as fact from a "film insider" lol.

Everyone at work keeps telling me "Confirmed" etc because I'm the nerd, and I'm having to bat them back. Well I say everyone....just two people, lol.

It was in the Sun I think, it's already been confirmed to be false...I mean it was in the Sun.

I think the best rumour was Johnny Depp as the Riddler, now that would be awesome.

Well I don't read the Sun, or any other UK newspapers. Read it in my local one. =P

But yeah, thanks for explaining.

Y'know, I could see Murphy playing The Riddler, in some strange way.

It can't be Depp, the man's an arse!

Someone with Depp's reputation would be the obvious choice for a villain in the third film, but Nolan doesn't make obvious choices. I'd like to see Mickey Rourke, Michael Pitt or maybe even Pierce Brosnan. I think a Mickey Rourke incarnation of The Joker would be fucking badass.

Yo go to hell! You go to hell and you die!

On my list of favourite posts of December 2008.

I hate every "confirmed-then-found-to-be-false" rumour so far, concerning Batman 3. Cher as Catwoman being the worst, by far.

>.> <.< >.> *Didn't think TDK was that great....runs away*

Eastern Promises, unfortunately I was doing other things and unable to devote my full attention to it. I can say this though, Naked fight scenes are kinda weird.... Also the ending was very reminscent of A History of Violence, which go figure is another Cronenberg film. I still liked it despite missing most of the major element.

It can't be Depp, the man's an arse!

Someone with Depp's reputation would be the obvious choice for a villain in the third film, but Nolan doesn't make obvious choices. I'd like to see Mickey Rourke, Michael Pitt or maybe even Pierce Brosnan. I think a Mickey Rourke incarnation of The Joker would be fucking badass.

I don't want the Joker in the third one, at all. There's no need. He suceeded in what he set out to do in The Dark Knight.

I wouldn't be happy if they brought back The Joker solely because I don't think anyone can recreate Heaths Character. That's not to say someone can't do a better joker, but if they do it should be in a different series like how Batman is different from this current one.

killthenet's on the right page with Michael Pitt. But I think they should keep the Joker to a minimum on the 3rd. A few scenes with him in the asylum and that's about it.

And it needs Harley Quinn as a (awesome) minor villain.

After reading countdown to Final Crisis I need to see her to something awesome to rectify the bullshit that around her.

And we all know who should play that... :p

11272938_ori.jpg

And personally the soundtrack to TDK annoyed me. The high-pitched 'tension' music was annoying.

11272938_ori.jpg

And personally the soundtrack to TDK annoyed me. The high-pitched 'tension' music was annoying.

I thought it was excellent. More interesting than the usual orchestral music.

And to be honest, Harley Quinn wouldn't fit into the Nolanverse AT ALL. Just like there's little need for Joker in another film, there's no need for her.

What would she do?

---

I still say the best course of action for a possible 3rd film would be to base it in the War Games storyline from a few years ago.

With Black Mask and Catwoman as the main "foils", thought Catty helps Batman for the most part.

I still say the best course of action for a possible 3rd film would be to base it in the War Games storyline from a few years ago.

With Black Mask and Catwoman as the main "foils", thought Catty helps Batman for the most part.

Maybe. Although they should make a few alterations to the storyline, like...making it enjoyable and stuff.

Maybe. Although they should make a few alterations to the storyline, like...making it enjoyable and stuff.

I never read the end, but I just love it in essence.

Plus, it would obviously need to be adapted, as Catwoman would be the only "helper" for Batman to rely on in the movie, compared to the loads he has in the story. Not to mention Oracle.

Son of a gun, that looks great.

And to be honest, Harley Quinn wouldn't fit into the Nolanverse AT ALL. Just like there's little need for Joker in another film, there's no need for her.

What would she do?

Try to free the Joker.

Copy the joker, pull it off as a copy-cat psychopath.

I think they kind of did gangsters in Batman Begins and TDK.

And I think they made it pretty clear that Batman does not want any help

Dosen´t help that Catwoman is a boring character too.

Try to free the Joker.

Copy the joker, pull it off as a copy-cat psychopath.

So..just a retread of The Dark Knight? What would be the point in that? I know she's a fan favourite, and undeniably awesome as cartton/comic character, but she just doesn't work as a main character. And since I won't accept Joker back as the main villain of the third, that's what she'd be.

She'd need to be the Pris to his Roy Batty, but it's not likely anymore (a shame, cuase if they'd played it that way, with Ledger alive and replaying Joker, it would rule the known universe).

I think they kind of did gangsters in Batman Begins and TDK.

But..they ARE crime in Gotham City! Plus now that the crime scene is in a shambles, the start of War Games (where they all meet and decide what to do/Batman's ontingency plan - Obviously reworked for the film) would be awesome.

And I think they made it pretty clear that Batman does not want any help. Dosen´t help that Catwoman is a boring character too.

Boring? How? Have you seen Batman Returns? That's how she can be played, fucking immensely! The comics one isn't insane (unlike in Returns) but is interesting even for the sole purpose of being the one villain Batman loves/trusts on some level.

I don't think they'd be like partners or anything, but she'd be after Black Mask for her own reasons, so their paths would cross. She'd have all this info from being on the wrong side of the law most the time, but Batman can't bring her in, when she's invaluable in his quelling of the crises etc.