NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

The pod racing and final battle sections are cool, and Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul are all awesome. Jar Jar is annoying but this time I found other parts of the film (in particular the politics) more interesting than last time I watched it (before episode 3).

7/10

Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

While the Anakin/Padme scenes are rubbish the rest of the film is fantastic. Although the asteroid field scene suffers a lot from the lack of a subwoofer (the seismic charges were amazing in a good surround sound setup). The battle scenes at the end are also fantastic.

Once again, the politics is more interesting than the last time I saw it. And it's great that we can blame the whole thing on Jar Jar (for totally ignoring Padme).

8/10

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Almost as good as the original trilogy IMO. The action scenes are fantastic (I absolutely love the opening battle) and very entertaining throughout most of it.

9/10

Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Almost as good as the original trilogy IMO. The action scenes are fantastic (I absolutely love the opening battle) and very entertaining throughout most of it.

9/10

I love that film, but i dont think its as good as the originals :heh:

The Usual Suspects

Kinda wish I didnt know there was a twist involving Spacey but nevertheless a freaking awesome, stylish film. Really liked some of the dialogue. Im crazy on dialogue in films actually. Anyway, the ending was still excellent.

8.8/10

Completely unpredictable twist. Not the fact that

Verbal was Keyser,

that was pretty predictable... but the truly great twist and what it (the movie) became know for is

how he did it, how he managed to completely fabricate an entire story from bits and pieces on the wall.

Gotta love that!

Completely unpredictable twist. Not the fact that
Verbal was Keyser,

that was pretty predictable... but the truly great twist and what it (the movie) became know for is

how he did it, how he managed to completely fabricate an entire story from bits and pieces on the wall.

Gotta love that!

Yeah exactly. Exactly. Fucking adored that bit.

But it's all over the place. And as for The Usual Suspects I can't stand the bloody thing and then everyone says how brilliant it is. It's schlocky gangster shit with 90's narrative assembly. Much like Revolver which I recently watched after my flatmate picked up a cheap copy on Amazon sellers.

I don't know what the hell happened with that one, how did it even get made, let alone distributed. The editing was all over the place and the acting was atrocious. But I wish Guy Ritchtoy would continue making films like this, because Richtoy trying to be serious is fucking gold.

2/10

The kid should have been shot at the end.

Watched the atheists' society's free showing of Life Of Brian the other day. Such a classic piece of comedy that could have only been delievered by the pythons. I was apprehensive that it wouldn't hold up well by today's standards, but I was proven wrong. If though I've watched it before I was still laughing throughout.

10/10

Brick

Go watch it now. It's an independant film from 2005, with a wonderful cast headed by Joseph Gordon-Levit. The story is a classic Hard-Boiled detective story with the added twist that the everything revolves around some highschoolers. Everyone in the cast plays their parts perfectly, effortlessly delivering lines that are out of place in todays society, but right at home in a noir crime thiller.

10/10

Brick

Go watch it now. It's an independant film from 2005, with a wonderful cast headed by Joseph Gordon-Levit. The story is a classic Hard-Boiled detective story with the added twist that the everything revolves around some highschoolers. Everyone in the cast plays their parts perfectly, effortlessly delivering lines that are out of place in todays society, but right at home in a noir crime thiller.

10/10

I love that movie

In Bruges

Sister rented this, and I think she regrets it. Film was pretty boring really, except for the end, but even that wasn't too great. Basically not enough seems to happen in it, or what does happen just seems to be portrayed in a boring way.

Worth watching? Not really, you're not missing out on anything if you don't.

It thought prestige was a quality movie! I have it just above me on my shelf. I made all my friends watch it and they loved it to. Its not realistic of course, but when I first watched it I didn't have a clue about the ending which made it all the better. The second time I watched it I thought it was also great because you see so many clues which I didn't pick up on the first time :)

It thought prestige was a quality movie! I have it just above me on my shelf. I made all my friends watch it and they loved it to. Its not realistic of course, but when I first watched it I didn't have a clue about the ending which made it all the better. The second time I watched it I thought it was also great because you see so many clues which I didn't pick up on the first time :)

I agree, we watched it in a philosophy class and everyone agreed it was an awesome film, even if it was a little hard to follow at time. Also Odwin, i don't think any film about magic could be thought of as realistic :heh:

As for the last films i saw:

The Dark Knight

8/10

All the hype sort of ruined it for me, expected alot more than i saw.

Without doubt it is a good film, but i feel it has been massively overrated as the greatest thing ever by its fanbase, which imo it wasn't by a good stretch.

Wayne's World 2

10/10

I love that film. That is all.

Is i wrong that i haven't seen any of the star wars films?

I get told i should watch it, is it really that good? I dont like startrek,star gate,or most things like this is it worth a watch?

you've never seen star wars?

'the only people who haven't seen Star Wars are the characters in star wars! and that's because they lived them!'

It's nothing like those :P Not set in the future or the present, it's set in the past. Essentially it's a cowboy movie set in outer space. Well worth watching, I think.

"'the only people who haven't seen Star Wars are the characters in star wars! and that's because they lived them!'" Lol!

Star Wars is not like those that you mentioned, it's much more accessible and I believe has far more engaging characters that would appeal to a non sci-fi fan.

Just get a copy of A New Hope and try it out!

(my above statement mostly applies to the original trilogy)

I love all six star war films I demand you get all 6 and watch them all back to back :D.

I've done it before and by golly i want to do it again it only took up 120 odd hours of my time lol.

I get told i should watch it, is it really that good? I dont like startrek,star gate,or most things like this is it worth a watch?

to be honest, if you watch starwars now, it probebly wont seem that special. i think its somthing you need to connect with as a kid. i mean i watched the origional trillogy again recently, and it was kinda hard to watch without cringing. dont get me wrong, its a timeless story, but the dialouge and some of the acting is so bad. yet i still love it. just do your self a favour. dont watch episodes 1 and 2. both are jaw to the floor diabolical. episode 3 actualy managed to be ok, though the story wont make much sense without 1 and 2.

Not watching Star Wars is like... I can't think of a suitable analogy just so you know how bizarre is that!

They're great movies (no fantastic plot or anything), very accessible and even those who don't like sci-fi often like it. Also, you won't be so biased when watching the prequels. Watch them all! Now!

How?

How can you have not seen Star Wars?

It's like Grease and Snow White (and all the Disney Classics); you just assume everyone's seen them.

It's like Grease and Snow White; you just assume everyone's seen them.

Except Star Wars is actually good.

Super Bad

Not too that bad actually, bit more of a guys/boys film imo, but decent enough!

7/10

Pretty sure me and James found it funnier- probably because it's a great send up of being that age for us. I thought it was genius, myself.