NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

no country for old men.

clearly, the coen brothers operate on an entirely different plane to us more mortals.

NCFOM isn't that good.

The English Surgeon

Was screened this week on the BBC as part of "Storyville", but screened late last year at the London Film Festival and I wish I'd gone to see it. A documentary that tells the story of Dr. Henry Marsh, a neurosurgeon who travels to Ukraine during his time off to perform surgery for free. It's an incredible story, everyone should definately find the time to track it down.

For all the UK users its avaliable to watch on the BBC iPlayer for another 6 days.

8/10

Executive Decision

Kurt Russell and co must stop terrorists who have highjacked a plane, from detonating a bomb in USA airspace, by sneaking onto their plane and taking them all out. Very enjoyable and David Suchet is awesome as the main villan.

7/10

Thats one of my all time favourites :)

The Brave One

The mrs had been wanting to see this one for a while so we hired it out and gave it a go. I've never been a huge Jodie Foster fan, but she was great in this. Basically her and her partner get mugged one night and left for dead, she survives but he doesn't. What follows is basically a revenge plot, where she takes out a few other no-gooders along the way. Not a bad movie, great ending too.. My only complaint was that I felt like this movie had been done before in Boondock Saints, but I guess The Brave One had enough variance from that to make it stand out on it's own. See it !

8/10

Planet Terror is just full of the humour that connects with me and Chair. Therefore it's 10/10.

Blades Of Glory

Funny in parts, not hilarious, but not horrible. A nice funny film. 6/10

Planet Terror is just full of the humour that connects with me and Chair. Therefore it's 10/10.

Oooh nice, Ive bought it but have yet to watch it. I must try and watch it soon. Anyway, went to the ol' cinema on Saturday to see

27 Dresses

Pretty very good really. Most suprising of all was Cyclops character was great, couldnt help but smirk a lot and he was nice and made a lot of sense and was funny. Some very great moments, and generally a pretty awesome rom/com/chick/flick.

8.4/10

Highlander

The first, and best in my opinion. Pumped full of Queen music from the album "A Kind of Magic", suits the movie well. Great acting and some great chuckle moments and a few teary moments as well. 9/10

How awesome does "Pathology" look? I saw a trailer months back, and it's now about to come out. But there's a big problem...it's an 18! :( *screams*

Oooh nice, Ive bought it but have yet to watch it. I must try and watch it soon.

Watch out for the indian twins when they randomly start smashing a car up. I loved.

I just watched Gone With The Wind

In retrospect, knowing it was about 4 hours long was information I should have pieced together long before I started watching it at about half nine.

still: probably the most epic thing I've ever seen. Just an incredible production, really. Especially for it's time. Also, Leigh is quite possibly one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

10/10

Bad boys, Bad Boys,...

Crewtata gave me my GBA SP when we were watchin Bad Boys II in the cinema ^^ I'll never forget that.

indeed! stuffed into the popcorn bucket...great times! :)

The Illusionist

Quite a good movie but I probably would have liked it more if I wasnt constantly comparing it to The Prestige in my head (which I prefer). Saw the twist coming and I didnt like that not everything about the tricks was explained. I know thats the way magic is but still.

7/10

The Bourne Ultimatum

Truly awesome, brilliant start, brilliant bit in London, brilliant bit in Madrid, brilliant bit in Tangier, brilliant bit in NYC, and it ends as it starts, which is cool.

"If you were actually in your office, we'd be having this conversation face to face". :D

10/10

The Matrix

Damn this film is good!! Haven't seen it for years, but its good and slick as ever, all the special effects still look nice and the story is really intriguing. Maybe i'll watch the lame sequels again soon.

10/10

And while im at it, The Animatrix

Nice collection of short films, most of which are superb. Slightly let down by a couple of the films but meh, still gets

9/10

7's across the board this week:

27 Dresses 7/10

Vantage Point 7/10

Be Kind Rewind 7/10

The Matrix

Damn this film is good!! Haven't seen it for years, but its good and slick as ever, all the special effects still look nice and the story is really intriguing. Maybe i'll watch the lame sequels again soon.

10/10

gah, don't be a retard.

The Truman Show

Only watched this because my mate said it reminded him of his life apparently, i see no similarities really. Anyway, i think and still think that this is a great movie with some humour but it shows a more serious side of Jim Carrey. 10/10 for the movie

Gattaca

I'll keep this short: it's one of the best sci-fi films I've ever seen, even holding up to repeat viewings. If you haven't watched it then you owe it to yourself to track it down.

10,000 beats overdue / 10

Good film, Gattaca. It's sort of a true sci-fi film, as in it is a 'what if?' scenario, which I think is quite rare these days, and executes it perfectly. The ending was quite emotional as well.

Anyway, I watched Die Hard again today. Excellent stuff. I don't think I really need to add any more. Yippie-Ki Ay motherfucker! 9/10

what's Gattaca about? it sounds up ones alley, so to speak.

In the not so distant future mankind has been separated into two different classes of society, genetically modified humans and the non-modified underclass minority. Also "space suits" are the sort of thing you get out of Marks and Spencer. Unwilling to accept his lot in life, Ethan Hawke sets out to beat the system with the help of reclusive and disabled swimming champion Jude Law. It's generally just a great film, with subtle twists and complex relationships between the characters.

My advice: Watch it at least twice.

In the not so distant future mankind has been separated into two different classes of society, genetically modified humans and the non-modified underclass minority. Also "space suits" are the sort of thing you get out of Marks and Spencer. Unwilling to accept his lot in life, Ethan Hawke sets out to beat the system with the help of reclusive and disabled swimming champion Jude Law. It's generally just a great film, with subtle twists and complex relationships between the characters.

My advice: Watch it at least twice.

Yeah. I couldn't have put it better myself.

The guy who directed it also directed Lord of War, which is also a great film. I suppose it's quite similar is a very vague way as well.

Gattaca is a great film! :D

I watched it last year in RS! and thought it was excellent.

I too reccomend it! :)

Drillbit Taylor

I was expecting this film to be a good 7 or 8 out of 10. Its co-written by Seth Rogen which I didnt even know until the opening titles and was like...oh awesome. The opening scene is two of the friends talking on the phone, they are quite young and its just hilarious the way talk and stuff. Great characters. Then the lozzles roll in and various things happen and I was just loving the film alot. Theres a lot of funny moments and the kids in it are ones to keep an eye on in these types of films I think.

9/10 suprisingly.