NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I perfectly understand what you mean... You're the one who doesn't understand what I mean. In order to be art, it need an author, what I'm saying is YELLOW (the colour, on its own) being compared to art. Not the yellow painting someone painted, but the colour by itself. Yellow is a direct stimulation, art requires interpretation.

ahh... but there are SOOO many different types of yellow! i mean are we talking "mellow yellow" or "it turns out he was his father all along yellow"

Are you talking about the blue square with a different shaped black rectangle next to it?

That art was amazing. I don't even know why, but it was!

Just saw Underworld Evolution, I liked :D 7.999/10

no.. it was just a blue square. i stood staring at it until a creepy man came up behind me and grumbled quietly to me "you have to consider the TEXTURE......" shook his hands at it for a while... then hobbled away again.

...then i went to look at the small cage with the bird food and sugar cubes inside that symbolized female orgasm.

...modern art scares me a little :wtf:

Yeah I went a few weeks ago and some people would just walk up to a piece of art and sit down and stare at it for ages. All I could see was a painting with red, and a brown stripe to the side O.o WTF?

Some of it was amazing, and so clever. I'm not really an art person but there are some things I thought wow, and others I just didn't understand/ appreciate at all. Still good though, except when you read the information at it talks about how the painting shows war/feminism/ homophobia in society etc, its just a painting =/ jeez.

ahh... but there are SOOO many different types of yellow! i mean are we talking "mellow yellow" or "it turns out he was his father all along yellow"

Indeed. :D

:bowdown:

No it doesn't. Food does not express any emotions or feelings. There's only taste, nothing else. It's like comparing a colour to a painting.

Only generic food that we don't pay any attention too when we eat - just like daytime TV. Decent food has a lot of effort put into it (just like art). No matter how good the food is it's certain that some people aren't going to like it.

Wallace And Gromit - Curse Of The Wererabbit.

F*** CGi animated movies, stop-motion animation beats it anyday. Not only is it a fun movie to watch in general (all other CGi animated movies, and the majority of American/European animation films pale in comparision, in my opinion), but also, the animation has a lot more spirit in it than CGi, and the characters just seem... More expresive really.

In general, I love this film, and whoever says Wallace and Gromit is for little children should have a pineapple violented shoved up their rectum. We need more Stop-Motion animated films like this! :yay:

9.6 slices of Stinking Bishop Cheese out of 10.

Only generic food that we don't pay any attention too when we eat - just like daytime TV. Decent food has a lot of effort put into it (just like art). No matter how good the food is it's certain that some people aren't going to like it.

100% agree. Oxigen maybe you just need to start thinking about food a little more?

100% disagree! *hugs tin of baked beans* ...don't listen to him, beanie - you're a wonderful creation... *glares at cube*

beans on toast can be a masterpiece when combined with the right hangover, i'll have YOU know. :heh:

Battlespace

0.5/10

What a pointless piece of crap.

I'm sure there was supposed to be a story happening and it was told in the worst possible way. Ever.

I am Legend

2/10

Mentioning Omega Man in the same sentence is insulting.

A dire piece of crap devoid of story or real action.

And since when is food supposed to transmit feeling or emotions? It transmits taste, wich is a direct interpretative stimulation... it can't ever be compared to a movie, a song, a book, a painting, that's art, that has an emotional charge.

There Will Be Blood

So damn brilliant. Everything is spot on! Amazing actors, amazing soundtrack! Awesome.

I am Legend

2/10

Mentioning Omega Man in the same sentence is insulting.

A dire piece of crap devoid of story or real action.

You say that like Omega Man is a masterpiece or something... anyway, c'mon, you've got to admit it's good, at least until the part where he

kills the dog/bitch

2/10 seems like a hige exaggeration.

no.. it was just a blue square. i stood staring at it until a creepy man came up behind me and grumbled quietly to me "you have to consider the TEXTURE......" shook his hands at it for a while... then hobbled away again.

If I'm not mistaken, it's by Yves Klein. At least if I remember this correctly (from studying over a hundred paintings last year). ^____^

I'd rate a movie now but I haven't seen any... yeah.

You say that like Omega Man is a masterpiece or something... anyway, c'mon, you've got to admit it's good, at least until the part where he
kills the dog/bitch

2/10 seems like a hige exaggeration.

No I really prefer Omega Man massively over I am Legend.

Was not impressed at all.

The film felt so empty of content in the sense of it started and it ended with very little happening between.

Omega man was no masterpiece and damn cheesy to boot, but I believe it packed more story and action than IAL ever did...

2/10 for me is giving it some credit (Considering even battlespace had more content).

As always though its opinion and Im sure many people out there did enjoy it. I just cant see why.

No I really prefer Omega Man massively over I am Legend.

Was not impressed at all.

The film felt so empty of content in the sense of it started and it ended with very little happening between.

Omega man was no masterpiece and damn cheesy to boot, but I believe it packed more story and action than IAL ever did...

2/10 for me is giving it some credit (Considering even battlespace had more content).

As always though its opinion and Im sure many people out there did enjoy it. I just cant see why.

I'll be very honest with you... one of the great things about the movie is that nothing happens. He's the last man on earth... that's what made the first "half" so brilliant to me, it illustrates the loneliness of being the last human being alive perfectly. Then, when things actually start happening, it goes downhill... But for it's first half, I commend it.

May I make a suggestion to you?

Watch this movie:

The Death Of Mr. Lazarescu

I'd very much love to hear your thoughts and interpretation on it.

I may buy that today. I'm returning Clerks 2, after y'know, watching Clerks. I had to watch Blazing Saddles before I went to bed just to make sure I got up this morning. So I may trade C2 for that film if it's in.

EDGE Scores:

Clerks: 1/10 for photography. It's the same as Juno. I cannot like a film if I am expected to like assholes. But at least Juno was one character for a bit of the film. This is the whole cast for the entire film.

Blazing Saddles: 9/10. I would love to see more comedy films like this, which don't rely on personal experience. This is where the belly-laughs are. There's plenty of room for both types of comedy, of course.

"This is my shooting hand!"

Rocky

Watched this last night as i hadn't seen it in a while, and i can still see why it won awards back in 1978. Watching the training montage when no-one knew who Sly Stallone was back then, one of the market guys threw him an orange of which he caught and looked confused, made it look like it was staged but it wasn't. Nice story to it, which of course was written by Sly himself. 10/10 and it had a great ending to it as well.

I haven't watched it in a while, but i'm still under the impression that - along with "Mallrats" - "Clerks" is Kevin Smith's finest. Neither of them are greatest comedies, but they're good fun. "What do you mean there's no ice? You mean I gotta drink this coffee hot??"

HFS!!!! Cinema showing There Will Be Blood.

Go me! (Although it means now I need to see 3 films this week. Whew)

I may buy that today. I'm returning Clerks 2, after y'know, watching Clerks. I had to watch Blazing Saddles before I went to bed just to make sure I got up this morning. So I may trade C2 for that film if it's in.

EDGE Scores:

Clerks: 1/10 for photography. It's the same as Juno. I cannot like a film if I am expected to like assholes. But at least Juno was one character for a bit of the film. This is the whole cast for the entire film.

So, am I to understand you didn't watch Clerks 2? Because I've got to tell you... I think it's quite superior to Clerks 1. Except for the whole dance scene.

So, am I to understand you didn't watch Clerks 2? Because I've got to tell you... I think it's quite superior to Clerks 1. Except for the whole dance scene.

oh man... now i can never take anything you say seriously ever again. please tell me you're joking? PLEASE?? what could possibly be better than "salsa shark"?! :nono: poor show O_W, poor show.

oh man... now i can never take anything you say seriously ever again. please tell me you're joking? PLEASE?? what could possibly be better than "salsa shark"?! :nono: poor show O_W, poor show.

1 is better than 2. I preffer 2, nonetheless. My opinion is irrelevant to the fact that the first one is better. But if you ask me, nothing overcomes the pussy troll from Clerks 2.

EDGE Scores:

Clerks: 1/10

they dont know shit..clerks and clerks 2 are awesome

I'm with this lad.

Oh, and "Salsa Shark"...:laughing:

1 is better than 2. I preffer 2, nonetheless. My opinion is irrelevant to the fact that the first one is better. But if you ask me, nothing overcomes the pussy troll from Clerks 2.

i dont understand..... you're saying you prefer the worse one?? :wtf: