NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I never notice the acting in movies, unless its so bad I want to leave tthe cinema or brilliant.. I just get on with enjoying the movie. Transformers is the sort of movie you shouldn't watch and expect great acting. I probably make no sense but yeah...

You make perfect sense, I'm exactly the same!

I'm kinda the same. I notice when it's really good acting, or in films like "Kes", where it's shockingly realistic.

I need to download Drawing Restraint 9. I need to find it without resorting to limewire though..

I never notice the acting in movies, unless its so bad I want to leave tthe cinema or brilliant.. I just get on with enjoying the movie. Transformers is the sort of movie you shouldn't watch and expect great acting. I probably make no sense but yeah...

Actually, Shia and John Turturo have pretty good roles, so...

And acting is important, but not defining.

Actually, Shia and John Turturo have pretty good roles, so...

And acting is important, but not defining.

I'm not saying people in movies won't act well, I'm saying you just shouldn't go and expect them too.

Shia is brilliant in basically everything he's in.

i agree, its stupid not to expect at least passable acting, its like getting in a taxi, having the driver drive horribly, and sayign "you shouldent expect great driving" or going to the bakers and buying a burnt loaf of bread and saying "you shouldent expect good baking"

its their job and they should be good at it.

im not going to say any more on the subject of transformers, by this time weve pretty much all either decided it was good or bad, and ive mentioned what i will on how disserpointing i found it.

last film i saw: dusk till dawn.

a decent flick really, had loads of great scenes and the acting was at least acceptable though out. it was cheese, plain and simple, but it was a b movie type of film, it was ment to be. the dialouge was actualy excelent, many tarentino esq conversations that don't pass the plot along, just happen. the special effects were a bit dated but i won't complain, and the film had some good ideas, condoms filled with holy water was a neat trick.

plot was thin but made the point, a reall balls out guy film.

7/10 a good little time passer but nothing ground breaking.

So you're happy to go and watch bad actors? That's a bit silly.

I never once said that, I said Don't go and expect great acting. I said I notice when acting is terrible or when its brilliant.

I never once said that, I said Don't go and expect great acting. I said I notice when acting is terrible or when its brilliant.

actualy you said

I'm not saying people in movies won't act well, I'm saying you just shouldn't go and expect them too.

which mean, you shouldent go and excpect people to act well, i mean, it might just be me but if somthing isn't done well to me, its done badly (except steak, that can't be well done or i punch face)

im not trying to start an argument, im just saying that i think the wording is what led people to think you shouldent expect good acting.

actualy you said

which mean, you shouldent go and excpect people to act well, i mean, it might just be me but if somthing isn't done well to me, its done badly (except steak, that can't be well done or i punch face)

im not trying to start an argument, im just saying that i think the wording is what led people to think you shouldent expect good acting.

I see what you mean, first off all it was a typo, I meant to say "in these types of". I just meant its not the type of movie you should go to and expect great acting. Its a pure action movie, a no brainer flick with great effects and explosions, an attractive woman or two, a ridiculous but good story and random funny moments.

( I didn't meant to type "movies", I mean "the movie", like I said about transformers. "Transformers is the sort of movie you shouldn't watch and expect great acting". If my earlier post had been read it would have made more sense as to what i was saying.)

The last three films I saw were:

A Perfect Murder

Watched this with my housemates, and we both enjoyed it. It was pretty tense at times, and we both had a hatred for Michael Douglas, so it was fun. :heh:

A good film to watch to pass the time, and it contains a lot of good elements. Pretty strong scenes, shock factors, so I think it deserves an 8/10.

Sin City

I love this film, as is evident by my avatar. The artistic style, the storytelling element, and the way all the stories and characters mould together is superbly done. Definitely one of my favourite films in the last few years. This will be remembered by me for a long, long time.

9.5/10

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I adored this film as a child, and it was great watching it again as a 20 year old. This film is worth it for the grand finale alone. The tune sang between the humans and aliens is now part of Hollywood folklore, and for a film like this to have such a cult following is amazing. Also some great acting from Richard Dreyfuss, who particularly does well playing a man having a midlife crisis and "searching for that someplace new" (spoiler).

9.5/10

Another fantastic film.

Boondock Saints.

Fantastic film....Heard about it being a 'wanna see' film last week off one of my mates at work. A pleasant surprise and well above my expectations. Most of the characters were great and plenty of comedy moments.

8/10

My favourite film ever. Absolutely brilliant. 10/10.

i agree, its stupid not to expect at least passable acting, its like getting in a taxi, having the driver drive horribly, and sayign "you shouldent expect great driving" or going to the bakers and buying a burnt loaf of bread and saying "you shouldent expect good baking"

its their job and they should be good at it.

im not going to say any more on the subject of transformers, by this time weve pretty much all either decided it was good or bad, and ive mentioned what i will on how disserpointing i found it.

last film i saw: dusk till dawn.

a decent flick really, had loads of great scenes and the acting was at least acceptable though out. it was cheese, plain and simple, but it was a b movie type of film, it was ment to be. the dialouge was actualy excelent, many tarentino esq conversations that don't pass the plot along, just happen. the special effects were a bit dated but i won't complain, and the film had some good ideas, condoms filled with holy water was a neat trick.

plot was thin but made the point, a reall balls out guy film.

7/10 a good little time passer but nothing ground breaking.

Aw man, the change to vampire horror in that film is immense. I love showing the film to people who haven't seen it and not letting on about the second half of the film. Plus it's got that amazing table dance with Salma Hayek in it.

Shes the Man

Amanda Bynes is so funny in this, great chick flick!

Predictable, but all teen films are :P

Loved it. 7.5/10

Aw man, the change to vampire horror in that film is immense. I love showing the film to people who haven't seen it and not letting on about the second half of the film. Plus it's got that amazing table dance with Salma Hayek in it.

yeah, its a wicked little change over if your not expecting it, but i actualy thought if the film had continued along its first path it would have still be a great watch.

Megan Fox is the worst thing in the whole movie. She may be sexy, but she's an awful actress...

To me she's the best thing nudge nudge

She's way too hot

Evan Almighty

Started out so-so but it got pretty fun. Didn't dispense the usual moral clichés but it was fun. Loved the daily Show tie ins.

Simpsons

Very funny, really enjoyed it.

My favourite film ever. Absolutely brilliant. 10/10.

I cant fault that pov....May watch it again later once I have watched Fatherland (A film I have wanted to see for ages, but never got round to it).

Megan Fox looks like Nadia from Big Brother. You know - the guy?

megan-fox-picture-1.jpgnadia_lge.jpg

WE DESERVE THE TRUTH.

I cant fault that pov.

I think it was the mix of action, actually funny comedy and the serious question behind it all. "Is it morally correct?"

In that photo yeah, they have a passing resemblance. If they were crazy sisters (and they weren't famous) I wouldn't bat an eye lid.

But that's a very bad photo of Megan.