NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

You mustn't have watched many action films then.

it is really that good though.

Yes of course there is better.

Transformers is brilliant.

I refuse to see Hairspray.

Howcome?

The trailer for it looked pretty funny.

I'm over both Transformers and Hairspray.

What over interesting films are out/coming out soon?

LOL only kidding about hairspray, sort of.

It's just the girliest film ever made ;)

it is really that good though.

Yes of course there is better.

It would have been good if they'd given it to someone who knows how to direct action films where you can actually see what's going on. As it is, Michael "More fast cuts! Shake the camera more!" Bay shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a camera.

^ So true.

Oh and saw Hot Fuzz again on DVD a few days ago. Pure awesomeness. 10/10.

Heh heh, Yeah I do like John Travolta. Just.....Cars....jets....robots! Shia.

MEGAN!

The way you people talk about Transformers is blown out of proporsion. I mean... the part with the actual Transformers is brilliant, but the "human" part is just plain horrible. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it isn't... but it's not any type of milestone, as you seem so keen to make it look like.

Meh. I know i'd like it if I saw it, but I really can't be arsed.

I need to see more films on DVD. I need to see Drawing Restraint 9 and Dancer In The Dark, among others.

Drawing Restraint 9 is horribly bad. You know, just because it has Björk(who was only there because it was directed by her husband) in it, it doesn't mean it's good... it's uter shit.

As for Dancer In The Dark, that's a different story... a 9/10 story.

ANYWAY

The Truman Show

I still love it.

9/10.

Blades Of Glory - 4/10

Didnt think it was a particularly good or funny movie, Will Ferrel rarely does anything different these days and my hatred of Napoleon Dynamite doesnt really help while watching Jon Heder.

Bad Company

Mindless action film, with a bit of comedy. Just what I wanted to see on a Friday night. Anthony Hopkins ftw!

6/10

shaolin soccer. mind-bending. great. stephen chow really understands his style. 6/10

Oxigen Waste - where did you see Drawing Restraint 9? I'd like to check it out, thought the Cremaster stuff was really interesting.

Paj Meen Ah - Quite a few interesting things coming out over the next 6 months or so. Michel Gondry's new film "Be Kind, Rewind" is out at the end of the year, Paul Thomas Anderson's new film "There Will Be Blood", Spike Jonze's adaptation of "Where The Wild Things Are", Charlie Kaufman's directorial debut with "Synecdoche", Harmony Korine's new flick "Mister Lonely" and Michael Haneke's American remake of his own "Funny Games".

Plenty of good cinema to look forward to. Also "Superbad" doesn't look too bad, think that's out soon.

Just watched Rush Hour 3

It was pretty good, some of the humour was hit and miss(the funky nun?) but on the whole enjoyable.

Shame about some really poor CG that reminded me of the surfing moment in Die Another Day but otherwise worth my ticket price, if I did have to pay for one.

Comedy > Action 6/10

Rush Hour 3

I loved it, definitely one of the funniest films I've seen all year and Jackie Chan is awesome.

8/10

Oxigen Waste - where did you see Drawing Restraint 9? I'd like to check it out, thought the Cremaster stuff was really interesting.

Paj Meen Ah - Quite a few interesting things coming out over the next 6 months or so. Michel Gondry's new film "Be Kind, Rewind" is out at the end of the year, Paul Thomas Anderson's new film "There Will Be Blood", Spike Jonze's adaptation of "Where The Wild Things Are", Charlie Kaufman's directorial debut with "Synecdoche", Harmony Korine's new flick "Mister Lonely" and Michael Haneke's American remake of his own "Funny Games".

Plenty of good cinema to look forward to. Also "Superbad" doesn't look too bad, think that's out soon.

Thanks. Michael Gondry and Spike Jonze are always good to hear about.

I might buy Drawing Restraint 9 if it's cheap.

Boondock Saints.

Fantastic film....Heard about it being a 'wanna see' film last week off one of my mates at work. A pleasant surprise and well above my expectations. Most of the characters were great and plenty of comedy moments.

8/10

Well I personally loved all of Transformers, Im going 100% purely on what I liked about it, and I absolutely loved it.

In answer to your question Pash bro, the next film out is "Knocked Up"

I called it to be best film of this year when I saw the trailer....Im probably not wrong, and absolutely cant wait for it....but the Apatow/Frat Pack comedies are my favourite so....Im kind of biased. Which I freely admit.

Spent the weekend watching movies as none of my mates wanted to go out last night.

Who am I - 9/10. A great Jackie Chan movie. Love the whole fighting at the end and the sequences at the end as well.

Number 23 - 8/10. A good, yet thinkable Jim Carrey movie. Saw it in the cinema at release, bought the DVD and watched the cut version.

Die Hard 2 - 8/10. A great sequel to a great movie. Lots of explosions and swearing throughout.

From Russia with Love - 9/10. Great movie, great acting. Just a great movie really. Only let down was the ending, didn't think much of it. Thought it was a bit weak.

I reckon Knocked Up might be pretty good. 40 year old virgin was a good laugh

Knocked up is pretty funny, well worth seeing. The best comedy I've seen in ages.

Knocked up looks great. Its jus everytime you describe Transformers Rezource you say something like this -

"Transformers is teh shit. Robots blowing stuff up, make it the best action movie in a long time. And how could it not be great, with Megan Fox? She is Teh Sex!"

You dont really go into any real detail to what makes the film great?

LOL! You're right. Proper reasons ;

- I loved the actors in it. Shia is one of my favourites, Even Stevens had excellent charm to it, to set it aside from n00by TV Kids Comedys like "Ray Strange" or whatever the heck that alien show was. Mind you...I like Drake and Josh...so... Lol.

- I thought the story was excellently (yes) well done considering. Hard core fans complained about the difference in story and more so appearance to the actual cartoon, but I kinda feel they are being a bit naive. All media has moved along with the times to make it feel more realistic, and I thought Transformers was as "realistic" as they could realistically make it, realistically.

- Great comedy. In the funny scenes, timing was great, and I just felt it had a lot of it.

- Good action scene choreography (sp?) Just thought it was pretty pimping, including the majority of these scenes involved things that werent there. It is very difficult to make actual good action scenes from propertys like this. The first one that made me go "Holy shit, that was amazing" was Spider-Man 2. So well done. (When I say this I mean it was the first like...previous fantasy/sci-fi etc property. Obviously stuff like Matrix is teh excellent)

- Nice length. Not too long, but I liked that it was quite long...more bang for yet pound. :heh:

- CGI was obviously teh ball pulsatingly sexy.

- And finally, Megan Fox. (Yeah yeah, I slipped it in) : peace:

- And finally, Megan Fox. (Yeah yeah, I slipped it in) : peace:

Megan Fox is the worst thing in the whole movie. She may be sexy, but she's an awful actress...

I downloaded it. Simple as that. When you can't reach it any other way, the web is there 'fer ya.

And as for the upcoming movies, you got me salivating, fucker!! :yay:

Megan Fox is the worst thing in the whole movie. She may be sexy, but she's an awful actress...

I never notice the acting in movies, unless its so bad I want to leave tthe cinema or brilliant.. I just get on with enjoying the movie. Transformers is the sort of movie you shouldn't watch and expect great acting. I probably make no sense but yeah...