NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

And in the other parts of Europe too. :)

These Bourne movies have such a weird names here in Finland.. I mean, Bourne Ultimatum´s Finnish name is Meduusan Sinetti which literally means The Seal of the Jellyfish or something like that. I mean, wtf, does that even make any sense? :heh:

Good thing movies aren´t dubbed into Finnish (except some kid´s stuff) because that´d propably make my head explode.

The Benchwarmers

Another Adam Sandler film and another one about unlikely sport heroes. But I still enjoyed it. I don't mind if the plot is rehashed from other films, so long as the film succeeds in being funny. 8/10

Citizen Ruth

I loved this movie. Dealth with the two sides of abortion, both pro choice and pro life. Even though it dealth with things like drug use and abortion it was pretty funny aswell.

I'd never heard of the movie untill now, I also just found out its not available on dvd in the UK! Damn it.

9/10

Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai

Superb blending of genres. Whitaker is, as always, amazing.

A modern day Samurai epic. I love almost every single thing about this film. As far as I'm concerned, this is Jarmusch's best film... and that's saying a lot, considering I love both Down By Law and Dead Man.

In short, a fantastic movie that breeds originality from every single pore.

9/10

Copenhagen

Well actually, it's a fairly straight-play-to-film affair. About three atomic physicists who meet up again after WW2. Discussions and argument soon fly thick about their delicate pre-war relationships, the morality of their work and of the use atomic energy, sprinkled with some idol chit chat about physics philosophy and sub-atomic mechanics. I was sweating IQ points by the end of it, but the performances from Daniel Craig, Stephen Rea and Francesca Annis were magnificent.

8/10

That the Forrest Whittaker flick? God its genius.

His friendship with the Ice Cream guy is a great flip on film conventions. The way in which they both share a common understanding and bond, despite speaking 2 different languages is genius. The cinematography of NYC is dark and fits the abstract screenplay perfect and the twist at the end actually got me. Love the way the Mafia are conveyed as comic book characters too

I would also agree with your score

The relationship between Ghost Dog and Raymond (the ice cream truck guy) is, as you said, pure genious. One of the best things ever commited to celluloid. Specially on that one bit at the rooftop when Ray shows Ghost Dog the spanish guy building the boat, noone of them able to understand one another, yet they all share that one moment like brothers. Fantastic. :bowdown:

Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai

Superb blending of genres. Whitaker is, as always, amazing.

A modern day Samurai epic. I love almost every single thing about this film. As far as I'm concerned, this is Jarmusch's best film... and that's saying a lot, considering I love both Down By Law and Dead Man.

In short, a fantastic movie that breeds originality from every single pore.

9/10

Yar,love this film. One of my favourite films of the 90's, even. Though I viewed it mainly as a representation of the downfall of the NY mafia, amongst other things.

I never saw anything else by Jarmusch, though.

Anyway, I saw four excellent film recently, so, here goes...

Good Night and Good Luck

This is my kind of film really. Set amongst the early days of the cold war, a news anchor and his team stand up to Sen. Joe McCarthy and his communist which-hunt. Perefctly reflects political corruption and influence of mass media of today, which shows that nothing about them has changed over the last 50 or 60 years. The black & white cinematography also gives the film it's 1950's smoke room style. Ran out of steam towards the end a little, however, I still think it's one of the best films in rcent years.

9/10

The Godfather pt.III

I know this is far from a popular film, and I can certainly see why some did not like it. Acting was pretty poor and the plot was over-complicated. However, I liked it, both as another chapter in the history of the Corleone family, but more importantly, as a story of Michael's redemption. This was probably my best viewing of this film because I only just saw pt.II recently, and looking at Michael begging for redemption in pt.III after that is truely heartbreaking. It has it flaws, but personally, I think The Godfather pt.III is unfairly rejected

8/10

Alien

I don't really know what to say about Alien which nearly every one else knows. It's still one of the most suspenseful films out there, nearly 30 years after it was made. Seeing the alien is as chilling as ever, and seeing everyone get picked off one by one couldn't be shot any better.

9/10

A Beautiful Mind

Maybe it was because I've been studying maths and psychology for the last two years, but I really liked this film. Based on the life of John Nash, the film brilliantly portrays his fall into schizophrenia, and his battle to fight it. It is a truely inspiring story with quite a rich, although slightly over-sentimental ending.

9/10

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

9/10

A well acted, beautifully filmed, look into the lives of the Bennet sisters. it is heartwarming, and Keria Knightley is very good, and really deserved her Oscar nomination.

Brenda Blethyn is also stand-out.

Hairspray (2007)

10/10

Holy crap! Happiest film ever! It's so great, all the way through. There is no bad bits at all, constantly happy, funny and quirky. I've seen it five times since Monday, and it's still not old.

And at the moment I'm listening to the fantastic soundtrack.

But on the outside; I looked good *wink*

Five times? You know Transformers is still out?

Transforming space jets > John Travolta dressed as an obese woman.

;)

Moulin Rouge

Not a big musical fan here, but I do love this. It's just soooo watchable. Makes you feel like you are in the theatre too.

8.5/10

Hairspray (2007)

10/10

Holy crap! Happiest film ever! It's so great, all the way through. There is no bad bits at all, constantly happy, funny and quirky. I've seen it five times since Monday, and it's still not old.

And at the moment I'm listening to the fantastic soundtrack.

But on the outside; I looked good *wink*

I totally agree with you.

I loved every minute of it. And the cast are bloody brilliant.

Also Zac Efron is now officially the hottest person on earth, for me. :P

hairspray is actually good?Wow there is a turn out.

I'm just about to see rush hour myself. Hope it's good

Five times? You know Transformers is still out?

Transforming space jets > John Travolta dressed as an obese woman.

;)

You're terribly wrong. John Travolta is amazing! So so great, in fact my friend said - two thirds of the way through - "hey, is that a man?". Though that is pretty stupid.

I totally agree with you.

I loved every minute of it. And the cast are bloody brilliant.

Also Zac Efron is now officially the hottest person on earth, for me. :P

Zac Efron is the hottest person ever. Period. After we watched the film me and my friends found the hottest picture ever - we were awfully hyper. But still, it is awfully hot.

http://tigerbeatmag.com/dailydish/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/jll56526.jpg

Anyway, all of my friends and I's favorite parts are all Link related. During I can hear the bells, when she closes the locker and winks at her! So great! And when he winks at Edna. Yay! And in Ladies Choice when he points and screams. Oooh, and in I can hear the bells, when he licks his hand and wipes his hair!

hairspray is actually good?Wow there is a turn out.

I'm just about to see rush hour myself. Hope it's good

There is only a chance it will be good; Hairspray is 100% guarenteed to provide FUN FUN FUN!

Best Musical of all time is a toss up between All That Jazz and Singin In The Rain. Check em both out

TBH I'd sooner watch a video with Carol from big brother having sex then watch any other musical then the 2 mentioned.

Actually I would'nt :( But you catch my drift :)

Seriously, watch Hairspray. It's so amazing. Just a constant mass of joy and singing. It is turning into my favorite movie the more times I watch it. Really, you should see it.

Anyway... I would rate Hairspray again, as it is the last movie I saw. So 10/10

Hey Tracey, hey baby; look at me. I'm the cutest chicky you ever did see!

You're terribly wrong. John Travolta is amazing! So so great, in fact my friend said - two thirds of the way through - "hey, is that a man?". Though that is pretty stupid.

Heh heh, Yeah I do like John Travolta. Just.....Cars....jets....robots! Shia.

MEGAN!

Yeah, but I don't think Megan is going to persuade them...

*wink wink nudge nudge stab stab*

*ahem*

Anyway.

I'm not going to see Transformers, and would prefer to see hairspray, simply because I enjoy being entertained, rather than watching 2 hours of Robots mindlessly fighting.

I just realised, I use so much hairspray on myself.

Yeah, but I don't think Megan is going to persuade them...

*wink wink nudge nudge stab stab*

*ahem*

Anyway.

I'm not going to see Transformers, and would prefer to see hairspray, simply because I enjoy being entertained, rather than watching 2 hours of Robots mindlessly fighting.

I just realised, I use so much hairspray on myself.

Trasnformers is my new definition of awesome. The best movie I've seem in months.

Meh. I know i'd like it if I saw it, but I really can't be arsed.

I need to see more films on DVD. I need to see Drawing Restraint 9 and Dancer In The Dark, among others.

transformers is my new definition of disserpointment, you had to make a film were big robots turned into cats and had scraps, how could you make that dull?

Pash, Transformers is like...my favourite ever action film. Its more than robots fighting for two hours as I said....

....Its got Megan. Duh.

Pash, Transformers is like...my favourite ever action film. Its more than robots fighting for two hours as I said....

....Its got Megan. Duh.

yeah, fair one, she was hot.

outher then that the film really fell for me, the sequal might be better as they wont have to spend ages introducing every one.

just hope they leave the "jokes" out. a robot pissing on a man just inst funny to me.

....Its got Megan. Duh.

You mustn't have watched many action films then.

You mustn't have watched many action films then.

I've watched a fare few, and I still think transformers was brilliant.