NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Add "Funny Games" to that list. Most terrifying film I've ever seen. Incredibly disturbing.

Hanneke just finished the English version of it. I was against it when I first heard about it, and it is pretty much shot-for-shot, but it does seem more relevant now, what with all the torture films that have come out of Hollywood in recent years. Hopefully it'll make fans of that kind of "horror" think about what they're watching.

Funny games is masterfull. Although I preffer Salò. =D

Ultimate torture flick, speacially because it has a meaningful plot. Funny games has too, but Salò takes the cup. :D And Man Behind The Sun takes 3rd place.

EDIT:

When is that remake coming out? I'm glad it's him remaking it... not all hope is lost.

Top Gun

Was expecting some big action film, but didn't get that, only around 2 explosions methinks. Found it quite boring untill Goose gets killed, where it finally starts getting intresting. Tom Cruise really looked like John Travolta in it too! I feel the need, the need to sell the DVD on ebay :heh:

5/10

Boogeyman 0/10

this film bored me to tears. The start was promising and then BAM back to the normal and boring horror movie cliche, avoid with all costs

I know what you did last summer 8/10

Actually scared me in places, I really got involved with the sarah michelle gellar character to the point where i was screaming the the TV when she ws being chased. The movies a bit cliche but still manages to do a few things a little differently

The exorcist 2/10

One of the worst and most horrendously boring movies i''ve ever seen. How someone can find this in the slightest bit scary I don't know. The first half hour was terrible, I actually wanted to shoot myself. Not the classic movie I expected at all.

dear lord exorcist is a much much much..,.(x100) better film than the trash teeny crap i know what you did last summer.

It's the much older film and for it's time was extremly frightening. 'last summer' was just funny. Maybe i'm sick but these days i usually just go to these films because i know i will laugh.'last summer was funnier than Scary movie.

Top Gun

Was expecting some big action film, but didn't get that, only around 2 explosions methinks. Found it quite boring untill Goose gets killed, where it finally starts getting intresting. Tom Cruise really looked like John Travolta in it too! I feel the need, the need to sell the DVD on ebay :heh:

5/10

2 explosions? I hate the film too but these were the days without computer generated crap to help.

Must watch it again though to see if you are right .

Still the best is terminator 1 and die hard 1

How can you not like the Exorcist? o_0. I thought it was brilliant. It wasn't scary like in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or Resident Evil sense where shit jumps out at you. It was scary because there's a little girl possessed by a demon doing crazy shit. And you can't say that the demon face didn't haunt your nightmares.

Do you mean resident evil movies? Because if ANYBODY says they are good i will haunt you on this forum:)

Ok while i am here.

Resident evil:

Take the original script which wasn't bad but throw it out the window and walaa turn a horror game into a hollywood action film. Why does capcom continue to let Americans butcher their games? Remember street fighter?

The only good thing to ever come was the Manga street fighter 2:The movie(excellent watch it)

Anyway shock horror someone from the game is actually in this film. Horrible i can't even describe why it's so horrible but it is horrible.

It's hard to believe people actually like this but.....they do.

I'd give it 2/10

It would have been 1 but i like the dvd boxart:)

just watched Clockwork Orange. Read the book recently, and the film is suitably loyal to the original story... But it is a little dated - sure, the first act is speedy and provides a decent frist 45 minutes, but I kept looking at my watch waiting for the 131 minutes to be up... No fault to Kubrick mind - the direction was excellent. I think it was mostly the pacing of the film that got to me (as in the book), with the violent part of Alex's life being over rather quickly, and the whole "society is rubbish" bit afterwards with Frank (i think...) too slow and overacted.

I can't really think of an ideal situation to watch the film in - All the naked ladies and the whole "this film is deep" message you get from the director's name mean it's not really a group film.

... so it gets a 7/10. I know my 'review' was mostly negative, but its influence and role in british cinema since the release should be considered for the score :)

My dear friend. You are such a kid, it's scary. :)

Watch Rear Window, by Hitchcock. If you can tell me why it's considered one of the best films ever made, I will love you forever.

I've seen it, my dad has a video of it.

Surely because of the fact the man spying knows whats going on but can do literally nothing about it because he's confined to his house? The fact most of the movie itsself is just in his room so we feel in Jeff's (the main guy)situation. I watched this a few weeks back because I heard disturbia was a sort of remake and I can;t wait to see that movie so I thought I'd try this out.

I though it was a brilliant movie and I am now even more stoked for Disturbia, does anyone know when it comes out in the UK btw?

dear lord exorcist is a much much much..,.(x100) better film than the trash teeny crap i know what you did last summer.

It's the much older film and for it's time was extremly frightening. 'last summer' was just funny. Maybe i'm sick but these days i usually just go to these films because i know i will laugh.'last summer was funnier than Scary movie.

2 explosions? I hate the film too but these were the days without computer generated crap to help.

Must watch it again though to see if you are right .

Still the best is terminator 1 and die hard 1

Do you mean resident evil movies? Because if ANYBODY says they are good i will haunt you on this forum:)

Ok while i am here.

Resident evil:

Take the original script which wasn't bad but throw it out the window and walaa turn a horror game into a hollywood action film. Why does capcom continue to let Americans butcher their games? Remember street fighter?

The only good thing to ever come was the Manga street fighter 2:The movie(excellent watch it)

Anyway shock horror someone from the game is actually in this film. Horrible i can't even describe why it's so horrible but it is horrible.

It's hard to believe people actually like this but.....they do.

I'd give it 2/10

It would have been 1 but i like the dvd boxart:)

I was about to review resident evil aswell, Its rubbish. It takes away the atmosphere from the games and adding to that no-one in it can act. The sequal was even worse. I heard they were making a 3rd??

IMDB says Disturbia is coming out on september 7th in the UK.

Thanks!

September 7th! Jesus, it came out in march (or around that) in amercia, why's it taking so long to come out here?

just watched Clockwork Orange. Read the book recently, and the film is suitably loyal to the original story... But it is a little dated - sure, the first act is speedy and provides a decent frist 45 minutes, but I kept looking at my watch waiting for the 131 minutes to be up... No fault to Kubrick mind - the direction was excellent. I think it was mostly the pacing of the film that got to me (as in the book), with the violent part of Alex's life being over rather quickly, and the whole "society is rubbish" bit afterwards with Frank (i think...) too slow and overacted.

I can't really think of an ideal situation to watch the film in - All the naked ladies and the whole "this film is deep" message you get from the director's name mean it's not really a group film.

... so it gets a 7/10. I know my 'review' was mostly negative, but its influence and role in british cinema since the release should be considered for the score :)

gets a 9/10 from me. Fantastic.

The Exorcist is one of the funniest movies I've seen.

I actually burst out laughing, then missed half the boring talking bits.

7/10

The Exorcist is one of the funniest movies I've seen.

I actually burst out laughing, then missed half the boring talking bits.

7/10

I agree with that too ha. It is hilarious nowdays.

I hate horror movies, they're only good to laugh at them

Thanks!

September 7th! Jesus, it came out in march (or around that) in amercia, why's it taking so long to come out here?

Because its shit.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I didn't go in with great hopes for this film because i thought the first one was crap. Definatly better than the first in my opinion but not much. Bit more action and a few decent(ish) laughs, Jessica was hot, thats about it....

An 'ok' film. 5/10

Nope, never seen the RE movies. I meant the games.

Nope, never seen the RE movies. I meant the games.

Well that's good

I wouldn't recommend them:)

Because its shit.

How can you have seen it seeing as you don't live in america?

Fantastic Four : Rise of The Silver Surfer

- Better than the first

- Funny in parts

- Fun for all the family

- Good SFX

- Good, easy to grasp story

- Galactus wasn't a fugly purple bitch

All thr above make it a solid 7/10 for me.

Fantastic Four : Rise of The Silver Surfer

- Better than the first

- Funny in parts

- Fun for all the family

- Good SFX

- Good, easy to grasp story

- Galactus wasn't a fugly purple bitch

All thr above make it a solid 7/10 for me.

You missed how much the Silver Surfer rocked! But otherwise I agree!

You are not ready to see that movie. :) Try again in some years.

I've seen it, my dad has a video of it.

Surely because of the fact the man spying knows whats going on but can do literally nothing about it because he's confined to his house? The fact most of the movie itsself is just in his room so we feel in Jeff's (the main guy)situation. I watched this a few weeks back because I heard disturbia was a sort of remake and I can;t wait to see that movie so I thought I'd try this out.

I though it was a brilliant movie and I am now even more stoked for Disturbia, does anyone know when it comes out in the UK btw?

Even though you liked it, you're loving it for all the "wrong" reasons. What you reffered? That's common. Now the real brilliance in Rear Window lies elsewhere, my friend.

I hate horror movies, they're only good to laugh at them

Allow me to disagree:

Alien;

The Shining;

Spoorloos;

Rosemary's Baby;

Repulsion;

Odishon;

Funny Games;

Texas Chainsaw Massacre; (NOT THE REMAKE, that sucks =S )

Man Behind The Sun;

(And more recently, The Others)

Then there are "opinion" derived horror movies, like Dawn Of The Dead and Night Of The Living Dead, the first Evil Dead, The Exorcist or The Thing. You either like it or you don't. It's really that simple.

Then, there's torture flicks, there's nothing funny about them. =S At all.

But yeah, slasher flicks are scum of the worst possible kind. Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 16th (the first one's kinda ok) and such... =S

And then, comes Braindead and Evil Dead II & III. Now that's quality stuff. :D:D

Oh yeah, and Psycho is masterfull, if you can consider it horror.

I never really saw alien as a horror film really. but i guess now that you mention it it is. My favourite horror is probably the shining but again i don't love the genre.

The Hunt for Red October

Pretty good, for a film with limited locations. Sean Connery great as usual, and some decent, but not shocking twists to the story.

6/10

How can you have seen it seeing as you don't live in america?

How do you know I havent been to America recently. :)

I never really saw alien as a horror film really. but i guess now that you mention it it is. My favourite horror is probably the shining but again i don't love the genre.

Whilst Aliens is an action flick, Alien is a horror flick, and very much so!

Anyways, The Shining IS one of the best horror movies ever made. That's not debatable.

Never really considered Alien a horror movie, even if they rate it like that and I don't really remember the shining.

Shaolin Soccer

I got this on DVD yesterday, and I found it funnier than when I last saw it on FilmFour, really bloody funny.

If you like football, give it a try, you might like this too. :hehe: