NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Rocky Balboa

Really great, very nice story and photography and a great interpretation from Stallone.

The Running Man

Schwarzenegger at his best (=worst?) again. All the over the top characters are really cool and it has its fair share of one liners too. I really like how they put something in about the media and manipulation of the people but the story leaves some plot holes open you wonder about.

8/10

Rambo - First Blood

Really good Stallone franchise bar Rocky. Loved the action in the film and the story was well thought through. Good supporting roles as well

9/10

Troy

I would rather slide down a cheese grater than watch this monstrosity ever again!

-6.66/10 - WARNING: Don't watch this film near any shap edges

Akira

After hearing so much about it I finally got to see it.

First thing that annoyed me was the art style. Everything looks somewhat realistic but I couldn't stand how the people looked and moved.

I'm also still searching for the meaning of the film. I didn't quite understand what it wanted to say.

But I think it would be quite a bit better if I didn't watch the dubbed version, however, I did.

4/10

Akira

After hearing so much about it I finally got to see it.

First thing that annoyed me was the art style. Everything looks somewhat realistic but I couldn't stand how the people looked and moved.

I'm also still searching for the meaning of the film. I didn't quite understand what it wanted to say.

But I think it would be quite a bit better if I didn't watch the dubbed version, however, I did.

4/10

You have to watch it a few times to understand it.

Epic Movie

Avoid. All I can say is avoid. Quite possibly the worse movie ever. Not funny at all. (Even though I recognised all the references)

-5/10

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

As game-tie-ins go, this one is great. The plot is quite different to the games (so it suits a movie). Action sequences are quite good, too. Overall, an entertaining film.

7.5/10

Epic Movie

Avoid. All I can say is avoid. Quite possibly the worse movie ever. Not funny at all. (Even though I recognised all the references)

-5/10

My advice would be to go and see the movie. I am a huge fan of the actor(s) and big fan of the movies it mocked also, and I loved it.

Worst bit IMO ;

When Wolverine sticks his middle claw up....not really funny, because he practically does the same thing in X-Men 2....which was funny. But that was a blatent joke mock that they must not of been aware actually happens...or were and didnt care.

Hot Fuzz

Very very funny! Better than Shaun of the Dead. So many good quotes, and the huge action scene at the end was the best thing I have seen in the cinema for ages! Reminded me a lot of playing the village level in Resi 4 for sum wild reason. lol We even went to Tesco's afterwards, (no Somerfields open :sad: ) to perform some stunts! :grin:

9/10

Hot Fuzz - Didn't meet my expedctations, and I didn't think it was up there with Shawn of the Dead. It was enjoyable though, and last 20mins were excellent.

6/10

Lola Runs

After I heard so much good things about this film I got it for 2€ and it's really worth the money. Actually quite a bit more.

Lola has to make 100.000 Mark (the previous German currency) in 20 minutes. These 20 minutes are played three times only that little things change and what effects that can have.

I think it's a brilliant idea and executed very well and I often asked myself what if I did something different, what would be the outcome.

8/10

Beyond Borders

Touching film starring Clive Owen and Angelina Jolie; the film that influenced her with her work for the UNHCR and child adoptions. Not hard to see why, the film really hits you hard with how poor conditions are in these lesser developed countries and of the danger there are out there with weapon smuggling and such. If there's anyone that can watch this without feeling their heart bleed, they have no soul.

Beneath all that though, there's a nice love story involved too. I wouldnt watch it again, purely because it kind of feels like a once off experience, but it is a rollercoaster one, so for that, i'll give it 7/10.

Hot Fuzz

Doesn't actually start until 20 minutes from the end. Ironically, the films primary fault is the same one of it's lead character: it just can't switch off, trying to fit middle England satire into a hole that only bombastic, high action lampoonage can fill. Where's the vacumnuss lack of character development? Where's the mindless gunplay? The meaningless blood and violence? The rediculous, bawdy dialogue? Where's the sorry excuse of a plot that was written on the bus? They should watch some 24 or something.

6/10

Sin CIty

2nd time I saw, still as awesome. Such style. Such grace. I weep.

The Sentinel

Started off very well, but then got very boring after 20 or so mins. Not much action scenes (I suppose because pensioner Michael Douglas is in it) and the so called "twist" is not a shocker.

3/10

Batman Begins

I'm not going to say how awesome this film is, as I already did so more than once but instead I say it's still as awesome.

Oh why do I have to wait until 2008 to finally be able to watch The Dark Knight?

10/10

Sin CIty

2nd time I saw, still as awesome. Such style. Such grace. I weep.

Yeh same here, saw it on Sky Movies last night.....still as brilliant as ever!!!!

Also I saw Me, Myself and Irene last night. Very funny and very good movie. 8/10.

Blow

My kind of film. Spans the life of a man; set in the outlaw world but leads to something deeper. A bit too slow paced in parts, but otherwise a fantastic movie.

8/10

Liar Liar

Classic Carey. Had me cracking up throughout the whole film.

"I'm kicking my own ass! Do you mind!"

Watch the outtakes aswell.

8/10

Sleepers

A movie that I havent seen in MANY years. Just watched it the other day and its still an awesome flick. Many a great actor in it with a gripping and brutal story.

10/10

Pursuit of Happiness

Freaking brilliant. Awesome. Genious. Amazing. Watch it! Now! Will Smith rules!

Dungeons & Dragons (Luckly just the end!)

I had to wash my eyes out with bleach...

Rating this film would be an insult to the medium of Cinema!

SURF NAZIS MUST DIE

It was rather shit. Some Surfing Nazi's kill a black man. And his big fat momma goes after them with guns and grenades and stuff.