NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Serenity

Dull as dishwater sci-fi which plays like a big, nerdy checklist of stuff that should happen in sci-fi movies. Mysterious pasts, kung-fu, psychic powers, scary girls, all American heros, British-accented villains, zombies, big guns, fast ships, important moral agendas and the most woefully understaffed Evil Armada I've ever seen, all laced togther with the worst dialogue in the galaxy. A cross between Star Wars and The Matrix? More like the O.C. and Andromeda. With a smaller budget.

4/10

"Somebody shut her up... she's damaging my calm."

Serenity

Dull as dishwater sci-fi which plays like a big, nerdy checklist of stuff that should happen in sci-fi movies. Mysterious pasts, kung-fu, psychic powers, scary girls, all American heros, British-accented villains, zombies, big guns, fast ships, important moral agendas and the most woefully understaffed Evil Armada I've ever seen, all laced togther with the worst dialogue in the galaxy. A cross between Star Wars and The Matrix? More like the O.C. and Andromeda. With a smaller budget.

4/10

Wrong!

Put the subtitles on. It's much better (I thought the same when I watched it without subtitles).

Also, watch Firefly.

Serenity

4/10

All American Heroes? Inara, Simon and River are all of Asian origin. Besides what do you expect, its an American film. (Plus the mysterious past et al are build upon in the show anyway). And theres some gems of lines in there, "been near on a year since anything twixt' my nethers that weren't run on batteries". Better than "Noooooooooooooo!" :p

Anyway. Felt like completly zoning out and so I rented Just My Luck and High School Musical. Two trashy teen films, and I prefer JML. The dialogue in HSM was so contrived. So much so I even overlooked the fact Lindsey Lohan was called Ashley in Just My Luck and still prefer it. As far as numerical scores; JML-6, HSM-5.

Old School. 9

Will Ferrel on form.

And the scene that replicated the gradute was absolutely hilarious.

Mr. Teatime in the Hogfather (the TV adaptation) reminded of Johnny Depp's performance of Willy Wonka... Which is not good, as Mr. Teatime is an evil assassin.

Yeah he based his character on Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka.

Gremlins 2

A brilliantly funny and genius movie. I like all the parodies of different movies, the talking Gremlin (New York, New Yorrrk! Ba ba ba ba ba! Ba ba ba ba ba!), Christopher Lee, and Gizmo. My favourite part was possibly Frank Sinatra Gremlin singing, or when Gizmo gets on his Rambo gear and shoots an arrow into the Gremlinspider.

9/10

Gremlins

Unmatchable entertainment, couldn't keep my eyes off it. Not many films, if any, are as lovable and creepy at the same time, and it is overall very unique.

8/10

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut - 9/10

Was interesting to see what Superman II was supposed to be before Donner was kicked out of it, taking out scenes and replacing them with the originals actually made a lot of the movie make more sense plus I didnt have to see that stupid cellophane S or memory wiping kiss anymore.

Pirates of the Caribbean - a tiny bit long but awesome all the same 8.9849/10! I have to be precise with my scores!

The Shawshank Redemption

Totally surpassed my expectations, which were high from what i'd heard about it, and not only that but I didn't expect it to be the type of film i'd enjoy. One of the greatest movies of all time. What it aims to do it does perfectly and aswell as being fantastic entertainment it is an emotional and powerful inspiration that everyone should experience.

10/10

The Shawshank Redemption

Totally surpassed my expectations, which were high from what i'd heard about it, and not only that but I didn't expect it to be the type of film i'd enjoy. One of the greatest movies of all time. What it aims to do it does perfectly and aswell as being fantastic entertainment it is an emotional and powerful inspiration that everyone should experience.

10/10

Yea, Film 4! Just finished watching that aswel! I especially love the ending (the last 40 mins!)!

It has some of the greatest film quotes ever. Red's narrating was so powerful

It has some of the greatest film quotes ever. Red's narrating was so powerful

Morgn Freeman does that...thats probably why he narrates almost every film in existence!:D

Watched Nightmare Before Christmas the other day and I love that film 10/10!!!

The only other films i've seen that I would ever give 10/10 to are Seven Samurai + The Good,The Bad And The Ugly

The only other films i've seen that I would ever give 10/10 to are Seven Samurai + The Good,The Bad And The Ugly

Excellent choices! Hmmm...I would add Secrets and Lies wich is an awesome British film directed by Mike Leigh...Its just absolutly brilliant! NE1 else seen it?

The Last Kiss

Simply perfect, Zack Braff rules, I don't like giving scores, but, 10/10

Monsters Inc.

kick ass Disney Film, i first saw this at the end of term at my high school in biology class and its still the best damn thing i've ever seen.

9/10

Monsters Inc.

kick ass Disney Film, i first saw this at the end of term at my high school in biology class and its still the best damn thing i've ever seen.

9/10

Yeah its amazing! :D

Also, rocky Balboa comes out jan 19th :D

i saw a trailer in TV tonight for that film, it just looks like a Rocky movie with more Stalone than usual (and no Mr T) *sniff*

City of God

It was just on Channel 4, though I seen it before off the DVD. This is a film set in Brazil, I think. It's a film about The Ghetto, Violence, Crime, Guns and Drugs. When I say ghetto here, I'm talking about a proper ghetto, some slummy village in brazil. It about how kids, proper kids like younger than 10, end up in lives of crime simply because thats all there is, not helped by all the corruption of the cops. It's told from the perspective of one guy trying to get out of the slums, and it's simply such a good film that's so different to anything I've really seen that I can't really describe it well, as you may have so far noticed. It's entirely in Portugese, with English subs, but don't let that put you off watching it. It really is a brilliant film. Although be warned, there's alot of violence and swearing in it, but it's quite an inspiring films, of sorts. Seriously, see this film if you get the chance. It's a rarity for me, but this one's getting a big fat 10/10.

Cars

Was ok. Fantastic animation, and a good moral to the story. Owen Wilson's voice is a bit annoying for me. Not enough jokes tho. LOLed at the Tractor Tipping scene ;-) Watch the credits, because there are some neat scenes there, especially the drive in movie moment!

7/10

The Last Kiss.

Good movie. ^^ Old topic, but this movie makes it worth revisiting, (obviously made great by Braff's performance... and even better if you're a Rachel Bilson fan). 7,5/10.

:D