NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Ghostbusters 2

on Sky Movies today, classic film, although not as good as the first still 9/10 :)

Ghostbusters 2

on Sky Movies today, classic film, although not as good as the first still 9/10 :)

ya is ghostbusters from hell being made at all now?

ya is ghostbusters from hell being made at all now?

I bloody hope not. If it hasn't got Bill Murray what's the point.

Arlington Road

I don't really do thrillers to be honest but I did like this one. It's so cruel and twisted, especially the dark ending. Not only letting the bad guys win but incriminating the good guys so it looks like their bad. 8/10

I bloody hope not. If it hasn't got Bill Murray what's the point.

Arlington Road

I don't really do thrillers to be honest but I did like this one. It's so cruel and twisted, especially the dark ending. Not only letting the bad guys win but incriminating the good guys so it looks like their bad. 8/10

Waah! No point in reccomending a film then completely spoiling the ending. Who wants to watch the film now.

Unless I've made a mistake, edit your post please, for others.

Well, the last movie I saw was "Pirates of the Carabian - Dead Man's Chest"

It's a great movie 8 or 9 out of 10.

The movie contains a lot of humor and action.

The story in this sequal is a little less good than that of the original, but it's still okay.

If you want to have a laugh and have some time to spare, you should watch it.

Mines was pan lab but I'd done a couple of all nighters before it.

Kind of situation where your eyes are killing you and you think "I'll just close my eyes for a few seconds let them water and when I open them they'll feel brand new." so, closed my eyes. Opened them. Not the same part of the movie. Think I missed about 30mins - 1hour.

What I did see was visually stunning and quite strange idea for a story. A mix between wartime drama and fairytale.

From what I saw 8/10. But apprently I missed a scene with a toad which was surreal.

Eragon

Not a bad movie, but for someone who read the book it feels lacking. The actors, scenery and special fx are great, the dragonn looks stunning, but it's too rushed. Probably the studio's fault, but this should have been at least 3 hours long.

V For Vendetta - 9/10

really good film with great performances from Hugo Weaving as V and Natalie Portman. Maybe a bit over long but still good and some nice set pieces as well

Eragon

8/10 (For an eragon buff)

If you haven't read the book DO NOT go see this. It doesn't explain much and switches a few things around and what not, but please listen to me, you will not enjoy this movie unless you read the book or know the story line. Also the mix of accents is very funny. Final sene is great.

Eragon

8/10 (For an eragon buff)

If you haven't read the book DO NOT go see this. It doesn't explain much and switches a few things around and what not, but please listen to me, you will not enjoy this movie unless you read the book or know the story line. Also the mix of accents is very funny. Final sene is great.

Hm well a friend who is a fan of the books wants me to go see it but I haven't read them, and all these comments i'm hearing about non-readers not liking it(aswell as even readers!) I don't think i'll go. A part of me wants to see Happy Feet closer to Christmas :heh:

Hmmmm, does your friend have Eldest? (or go into a bookshop) At the start of it there is a good short summary of Eragon, I would ATLEAST read that before watching the film.

EDIT: Eldest is the sequel to eragon.

Seen Deja Vu last night and it was awesome. Jerry Bruckheimer and Tony Scott did an amazing job as did Denzel. The film does start off a little slow but then about 15-20mins into it it really kicks in and the story starts to unfold. Also there is a romantic side of the film which was completely unexpected but delivered very well thanks to Harry-Gregson Williams musical piece at such tender moments.

License to Kill

Quite a good film, which shows James Bond (Timothy Dalton) persueing a personal vendetta instead of following orders. 8/10.

accepted

7/10

quite funny how a lie can turn into a reality.

the normal happy ending with the boy getting the girl after a nice long leadership speech.

The Secretary

Quite erotic...so I loved it. The spanking scene was definitely an uneasy moment to watch. Kind of a sweet ending as well, which topped it off.

9/10. :)

The Terminator

One of the greatest ever Science-Fiction films, in my opinion. It's also home to one of my favourite quotes ever.

"That Terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with.

It doesn't feel pity...or remorse...or FEAR. And it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead."

10/10. Effing awesome.

Starship Troopers

Very Aliens inspired, and with humour to boot. Plus...Denise Richards is stonking in this. She would definitely get some Fierce loving off me.

But yeah, the film was good. 8/10.

Hmm... I haven't watched a film properly for a while. I think I watched school of rock last, when it was on channel 4. Man, I love that film 9/10

Fierce_Link: The thing about "The Secretary" is that it seemed like they wanted to make a film that was tonally similar to Lynch or Cronenberg, but seemed to be more schooled in making sweet, rom-com type films. So they ended up with a film that had a few genuinely strange moments but in the end was simply a disjointed love story. It was definately enjoyable (if only for Maggie Gyllenhall) but I can't help thinking it could have been something much, much better.

Seen Eragon. Was shit.

Unless you believe fx are the core of a movie or a fan of the book then you'll probably agree. Not very well structured and very, very poor script.

And whats with the ideal nazi race leading the way for these movies?

Stormbreaker, Eragon, Narnia. Tall, dark blonde hair, blue eyes. Its the generic hero for the new generation, and it sucks.

And one last thing, I know that it was written in these books but why must the protagonist always be a godamn child. Children cannot act. Stop casting children. Period.

If your crafting characters that are to lead armies and have courage, heart and all that bollocks then you need characters that can fucking act in the first place.

I'm lucky I don't pay for this stuff or I may have actually been quite pissed off for seeing this.

B/10 for balls.

Ghostbusters 2

Sat and watched this yesterday as I was bored. Im one of the few that actually prefer the second film to the first. The film is full of great one liners Bill Murray is awesome in it.

"Wasnt he also know as Vigo the Butch?"

When watching it I was thinking how there arent many films like this anymore more. I mean it had comedy and action while also giving you a feel good ending, especially when the Statue of Liberty shows up.

9/10

Pans Labyrinth.

Words cannot describe how fucked up this movie is. It's a mix of civil war drama, a bit of Alice in Wonderland and a fantasy world so dark and twisted it makes Silent Hill look like Seseme Street. Genius.

Utterly brilliant stuff. film of the year.

10/10

And one last thing, I know that it was written in these books but why must the protagonist always be a godamn child. Children cannot act. Stop casting children. Period.

Never seen Narnia?

The little girl in that was an amazing actor/actress. She was the best one in it.

its only in cinema at the mo but BLACK CHRISTMAS...superb film!!!! best black comedy/horror film ever...the deaths are soo digustingly funny...+ everyone in my cinema burst out laughin at the end when the last surviven character killed one of the killers in the most stupid way!!

wont say what and how though co' i dont want to ruin it for you...its out now.......go see it!:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Never seen Narnia?

The little girl in that was an amazing actor/actress. She was the best one in it.

Yea, the little girl was the best. In that situation it went by age. The youngest one was the best, then the youngest boy, that shitty girl and ultimately the pile of piss called peter.

What made Narnia bearable (because it suffers alot from what Eragon just not as badly) was that little girl and James McAvoy. Eragon had Jermey Irons who did a good job but not good enough to sustain the film.

Does anybody else think its a bit wierd aswell that actress that plays Eragons love interest is rougly 30 and he's only about 18. If they make a sequel...lucky guy.