NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Watched the Machinist for the second time last night. A very good film, keeps you wondering until the very end. Still not too sure about the camera effect it uses all the way through but I guess it adds to the effect. 7.5/10 which some people might not consider a good score, but would recommend, worth a watch!

Kill Bill 1+2

Watched both in a row. Both films feature awesome fight choreography and I'm more than surprised by Uma Thurmans performance as I actually thought she'd be the weak point of the film but luckily I was proven wrong. Also Michael Madsen and that Bill guy, whos actors name I'm too lazy to look up, are very believeable bad guys. Especially the actor of Bill gives him a very interesting look, somehow like a wise old man, understanding and all that and at the same time he feels menacing.

Also the soundtrack is really something special as well as some of the camera angles.

One of the best parts for me was the Anime section in the first film but it's generally entertaining to watch how Tarantino tried to create and Anime. While I like it how the blood spurts out in Animes I didn't see it fit here though. I also think that the whole thing about killing Lucy Lui's character is a bit too long. A bit more background on "Copperhead" would have been interesting and added more diversity to the film because I got quite bored by the slow pace at some points.

7.5/10

I enjoyed the second one more. The story felt much more fluid and it wasn't that predictable when the next fight would engage. Also the flashback to her training was something I was anticipating as I already saw pure pwnage making a "hommage" to it.

It also has one of the most memorable scenes I ever saw. I actually watched the part four times where Beatrix rips Elle's eyeball out.

The ending was very unexpected too and very satisfying as well.

9/10

A cock and bull story.

Was pretty good, kept me entertained, pretty amusing. 7.5/10

Nacho Libre.

I absolutely loved it. I adored Napoleon Dynamite (director directed both films) and School of Rock (writer wrote both films) and this was a genius mix of the two, with Jared Hess' distinctive style and Jack Black still able to be well.... mental.

9/10

The Hulk

I watched it in the cinema a few years ago and finally saw it on DVD. While I was disappointed in the cinema I really enjoyed it now. The story is so deep and there no particularly bad or good guy - the Hulk is somehow an extraordinary person on the run without good or bad intentions.

The actors all do a very good job too and although some of the Hulk CGI doesn't look believeable his expressions more than make up for that.

The music and camera is really good as well and the story has a steady pace.

I'd like to see a bit more of what's going on in the Hulk's mind though.

7/10

Saw Snakes on a Plane today, loved it. It had me on edge the whole time and I really jumped at one bit. Some good laugh out loud moments too.

Snakes on a Plane is my film of the year. It ranks along side Airplane! and Tremmors as one of the all time great spoof disaster movies.

especially the 'spot the stiff' scenes during the build up. great fun picking out the obvious candidates for serpine execution.

Catwoman

So bad it's good.

The only good things about this mediocre movie are the occasionally entertaining action sequances and the constant close ups of a leather clad Halle Berry (yum).

But these good points are hanpered by a terrible plot, awful dialogue and an ageing Sharon Stone (yuck).

2/5 :nono: :horse:

Sky captain of the world tomorow

Every one I know said it was a bad movie. But I highly enjoyed it. I loved the style and I loved the action. Felt a lot like a game. Good clasic old scool adventure. 8/10

Collaterall

Tom cruse and Jamie fox :D Really good movie. Good action. Good dialog. Loved it to bits. 9/10

Fast and the Furious 3

Not sure what to say..

Cool cars + Japan + Japanese chicks -story = Time well spent

I liked it. Better than FF2 imo. But can't touch the original. 7/10

Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)

Ladies ladies ladies Jay and Silent Bob are in the hizills!!1!!

This film is about two stoners called Jay and Silent Bob who find out that Bluntman & Chronic, the comic book based on their likeness, has been adapted into a film by Miramax (all Hollywood film companies are buying out every comic since the success of X-Men), when they speak to one the co-creators of the Bluntman & Chronic comics they discover the Internet, and on it, a film website that has people slating and insulting Jay and Silent Bob (The comic book characters rather than the real-life Jay and Silent Bob) they both decide to go to Hollywood and stop the film being made in case it taints their "good name" (or, in case it stops a hot girl from giving them both BJ's because of what she read on the internet.) as well as get their "motherf*cking movie check" from the royalties due to them.

This film is funking hilarious, as is Will Ferrell in this film. 9/10.

Here's a Wiki link:

Wikipedia reference-linkJay And Silent Bob

High Fidelity

absolutely hilarious look at how one guy copes with the break-up of his long-term relationship. ladies, if you wana try to understand men better then watch this. some people call it the male version of bridget jones but that makes it sound like cheesy palpy crap, this is fantastic!

jack black almost steals the show as the rock snob, but john cusack is brill as the lead character. had actually forgotten JUST how good this film is until two of the girls i live with wanted to watch it a coupla nights ago. heartily recommended, and fellas you'll identify so easily with everything cusack's caharacter does and thinks (a lot of -surprisingly- funny talking to camera) all the way thru it.

9/10

Last 3 films I've watched:

Snakes on a Plane

7/10

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

10/10

Seven Samurai

10/10

Snakes on a Plane

An entertaining thrill ride from start to finish and enough blood and guts to satisfy the gore fan in all of us.

This is also possibly the funniest film of the year especialy the scene with teh dog and the python that made me LOL :laughing:

Overall this 100 minutes of cheap entertainment and don't forget to join in when Samuel L Jackson says "I've had it with these mother f***in' snakes on this mother f***in' plane"

3/5 :grin:

High Fidelity

9/10

I hope you read the book first! It's my favourite.

I saw The Wicker Man (2006) tonight, I hadn't seen the original so it was all new to me. It was interesting and I think it had the right balance on the horror side, although still more than I'd expect for a 12. I enjoyed it more than I expected - 7/10

Yea I do like it, but films are never the same when you've read the book are they. I just ended up picking it apart as to what they've changed. ::shrug:

Saw Crank at the cinema. A very chavish film, but plenty of action. Two or three funny scenes. But overall, I would have much rather gone to see Cars or The Sentinel. Amy Smart is in it too, and has a fit body. Not so sure about her face. 4/10

Went to see A Scanner Darkly on wednesday. It's so fekkin cool. Very stylised, Tripped out and intelligent. loved it.

9/10

Silent Hill as a movie it was great and it recreates many sences straight from the game the story is different so if your expecting a straight game to movie adaptation with little to no difference you'll be dissappointed but if you just try to enjoy the movie for what it is it's quite enjoyable

Who deleted my post!

Oh well, went and saw Crank yesterday, and it was awesome.

I saw Nacho Libre last Monday.

It was funny, but the idea was stretched out a little too far.

If you liked Napoleon Dynamite, you will love this and find it hilarious. If not, you'll think it's a good laugh, but nothing more.

Good, but not brilliant. Should be worth a rent when it comes out on DVD, if you don't go and see it in the cinema.

7/10

The Descent!

Easily one of the best horror movies i've ever seen...

8/10 since i've seen a lot of movies....

Kiss of the Dragon

Easily one of the best western Jet Li films for me. I really love the setup of the trap and how he gets chased. Also Paris as the location makes for some very impressive shots. Then it also has a tragic and moving aspect to it with the sidestory about a whore who was put in that situation by the police.

Then there's the action sequences, which are the awesome. Even compared to other Jet Li films the fight choreography is really outstanding and the sequences don't feel tagged on but like an integral part of the story.

Some of the scenes are also shot quite extraordinarily but very interesting.

And there's not much rap music.

8.5/10

Starship Troopers

I think I saw that film about 5 times and I still like it all the same. The pretty bad actors and their overacting is fun to watch, the bugs are a stupidly cool enemy actually, the unneccessary violence, the short propaganda videos, the epic feel and the absolutely awesome soundtrack (got it on CD) make this one of my favorite films.

I also like the very apparent critic on the military, Nazi Germany, politics, the media and false heroism.

Sadly the second half of the film loses a bit of it's pace and is more action orientated.

9/10