NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Green Street

Football violence, but with a good storyline, gets emotional in parts, and some good downright random violence.

7/10

The Da Vinci Code

lack of tension in this film made it feel a lil distant, the music and direction wasnt the best which may have contributed to this. audrey tautu was awesome and ian mckellen stole the show really-a single one liner from him gave the cinema a good ol chukle.

overall the main reason to see this film is because of the story all to do with the holy grail and for those too lazy to read the book i think its a handy 'clue in' to whats got all those commuters buying multiple copies of the book not seen since the last harry potter book.

good story, great acting for the most part, makes you think, but dodgey directing and a lack of tension means its an average thriller.

7/10

The Da Vinci Code (again)

Good acting, very good characters and I especially liked the camera movement at the beginning. Also highlighting some clues and the special effects to show what was going on inside their head was neat. The story with all this groups left me a little confused though and some things were quite predictable although I didn't read the book. I'm very unsatisfied with the ending however, it leaves a feeling of what's going to happen now? I don't mind open ending and I think this film also needed a real open ending, for me it was half open.

8/10

Back To The Future (1, 2 + 3): 11/10. best movie ever, Cris lloyd is teh lollers.

mission impossible 3: great action had u wondering what wud happen and how it all falls in to place. one thing i did find is that in most tom cruise films especially recently they have soppy endings which is a bit annoying

overall 7/10

X3

pretty good overall but ratner clearly didn't know what to do with the majority of the new characters like Angel or Kitty. Angel in particular had an excellent entrance and good build up but was pretty much written out of the film. I'm also unsure why they included the pheonix storyline. Although it had it's moments it was generally a much lesser plot to the mutant 'cure' idea.

Still, it's damn good fun. reccomended.

7/10

One Hour photo - 9/10

Superb film, Robin Williams gives the performance of his life, he is a mental in this film, yet you really feel sorry for him. i recommend it to all.

^^ wanted to see that but missed it, will try and see it sometime

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake) 7/10. Decent slasher/horror movie, preffer the original but a remake is cool.

Pulp Fiction 9/10. Nothing really needs to be said.

One Hour Photo gets an 8/10. It was rather sad (and eye opening how diverse Robin Williams is as an actor) and creepy at the same time. I really felt for him at the end. Also the fact an Evangelion toy makes a cameo in the movie was enough to secure this one a high rating.

I have a feeling I should have watched one hour photo instead of:

Daredevil.

I'm really unsure what they were trying to do here. it's like they thought 'lets make it dark like batman, only really comicy like spiderman'

and unfortunate mix it turns out, although the way they did daredevils powers was extremely cool, and it's at least given me thoughts about looking into some Daredevil books...

6/10

Poseidon

One where you knew what was going to happen really. It was quite predictable in places. The storyline is a bit far fetched (but i will concede...entirely possible).

Where id the wave go? When it hit the boat it vanished?? also the no. of survivors was a bit unrealistic too.

Enjoyable to watch, but not a cinematic masterpiece by any means.

6/10

The Da Vinci Code:

Absolute wank, 3/10. That French bird is fit though.

Absolute wank, 3/10. That French bird is fit though.

Nice reveiw!:laughing:

Lord of the Rings (All three)

29/30 (3X10, before you ask)

Brilliantly made epic films, with amazing photography and music, and atmosphere, and acting.

I would go on about each good point, but that would take a very long time and I should be revising.

The only two bad parts imo are that the end is a little too long for it's own good, and some of Frodo and Sam' conversations (especially in The Two Towers) are slow and could have been left out.

Legd films!

The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

Missed it in the cinema, didn't get it on DVD, so today i finally got the chance to see this film. First of all, the quality of the image was simply amazing (due to watching it in HD). But, the movie itself seemed a little....lacking. It was still entertaining, but why did they get rid of the best part in the book (where Marvin talks to a ships computer and it commits suicide).

Still, it was quite good, so ill give it 7.5/10

The Da Vinci Code

A bit boring. I liked the ending though

5/10

The Godfather pt.II

One of the greatest ever. It gets better every time I see it. De Niro is an awesome young Vito.

9/10

The Godfather pt.II

De Niro is an awesome young Vito.

9/10

Agreed, watched it about a week ago and was also really impressed by his performance. However, I didn't like Michael (the charactere Al Pacina was brilliant as him) a lot in the first movie and it was worse in the second, on the one hand I felt sorry for him but on the other I thought he deserved everything that went wrong.

Watched Godfather Pt. III yesterday and I really loved that film. Michael is a much more likeable character now and the whole themes about the Vatican and corruption in Italy were quite interesting.

The ending was quite moving too but also satisfying.

8.5/10

United 93

10/10

It felt very strange going in to see a film where you essentially knew the entire plot, and due to that i had an odd feeling of aprehension and nerviousness throughout the film. This made it even better. I lost all track of time, fully engrossed, and overall it was a wonderful film. Very emotional. I have never cried at a film, but i came damn close yesterday. The friend i was with (who just by the by is male) did end up teary and red eyed. It was a brilliantly powerful film, one of the best i have seen this year.

I have never been in such a quiet cinema when the credits rolled and everyone walked out in deadly silence.

X-men 3 = 9/10

thought it was brilliant, its bbrought down one because of the obvious continuity error's which even my mum noticed.

i just need to see it again for the action

Serenity

This was a good basic movie. It's not great, but enjoyable at least. Quite good for a movie that (according to the creator) should not exist. 8/10

A killer line:

"Going on a year now I ain't had nothing twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries" Laughed my arse off on that one

:D Although the finnish translator might have missed something as I don't actually know what twixt means...

Saint anges blahblahschool (or something, cant' remember...)

Absolute and utter nonsense. Or it's just that I can't see a point in horror movies. Didn't even watch it through. I'll give it 1/10 for the first 30min I watched.

Lord of War

This came out of the blue sky. Never expected this movie to be good. It's actually great. So different from the other hollywood movies I have seen lately. It really gets you thinking. I recommend that you watch it. 9/10

The Omen

4/10. Though I'd see it on the day of release, 666 and that related rubbish. But i was very, very disappointed by the film, obviously a remake but it seemed more like a reshoot. Very similar to the 1976 version but with a less scary kid. Go see it if you have never seen the original, then it might seem quite good, but otherwise dont. :)

I watched two good films the other day. X-men 3 and 1 hour Photo.

1 hour Photo was pretty good. Robin Williams is fantastically cast, and it's a shame that he doesn't get the chance to do more serious acting. A few people may be put off by this kind of movie, but i loved it. 8/10.

X-men 3 was also good. I'm glad scott died because for some unknown reason i don't like him. Great ending, and good throughout. Some of the fights could've been longer, but we can't have everything. 8/10 as well.

Poseidon - 4/10

2 hours of pure and utter nonsence, film starts, 2 mins later wave crashes, people die in halarious fasion, a bunch of unlikely people want to get out, they get rescued, the end.

oh and while im at it

Resident evil - 1/10

its a terrible, terrible terrible film, the director descides to piss all over the franchise, and stick his shitty wife in it naked most of the times.

My latest watches:

Godfather 10/10

Godfather 2 9/10 - Both great, havent seen 3 yet but i am looking forward to watching it.

March of the penguins 7/10 - A documentary/film, very interresting and entertaining, worth a watch.

Das boot 9/10 - Awesome german u-boat film, watched the full 4 + hrs version in german and its one of the best war films i have ever seen, deffiantely reccomended.

I have Kids and memoirs of a geisha to watch next, also looking to watch Lady Vengeance and Infection soon. And the one (jet li) is on channel 5 tonight, def worth a watch, i would give it 7/10

The Da Vanchi Code

A pile of crap that I only watched becaue of my attraction to a woman tha was seeing it with me. I hated the entire film and used my boredom to try and imagine what me and said girl would be like in the future it was a funny site. BUt more importantly tom hanks said oh yeh dechpier this and Iw as like dechpier my fist bitch! Also the albino monk was the coolest character but they killed him off. So anyway I got to slag this film off to this stupid girl and then say I tihnk Ive seen better acting in lord of the rings. And at least that had some hobbits in. It was so postmodern as well which was shit becuase its like oh jesus fucked around but that doesnt matter because maybe hes god as well its just opuis dei that are evil. How about shut up dan brown your a loser and yeh.

So I give this film a 1 star thumbs down becuase its a swap infected mutant of a film that without the said girl watching it with me would have made me fall asleep and have nightmares about albinos and bad acting.