NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I must watch Aladdin, I feel like the only person that hasn't seen it.

If anyone's interested you can get free DVD rentals from the following sites, as long as you click cancel before the trial is over you don't pay a penny.

Blockbuster

Screenselect

Amazon

I may actually scam the shit out of that over my holiday. woo woo!

I had a daydream about Cidade De Deus.

Yes, it's still a 10.

Robocop Director's Cut

After seeing Robocop 2 first, this movie feels like a masterpiece.

I really like how the robot aspect was pulled off and that the plot had many interesting twists, however a little more background on Murphy's past and how he finds himself again would have added a lot of depth to the film.

7/10

ALADDIN!!!

This has got to be one of the best films ever. Best songs, great art style, voices are perfectly fitted for all the characters and it just always has you wanting more. One of the few films I can watch without sleeping for awhile, and I can't wait to borrow the sequels (though they are meant to be not as good) from a friend if she EVER remembers them.

10/10

The last time I watched Aladdin I had a mate over and we were wasted on shit mix (any and all spirits in the house mixed together). We were drunk as fuck and just saw it and put it on. It was pretty good as far as I remember. I hate the songs though, I feel songs get in the way of movies, the only exception being South Park: BLU cuz they are funny as hell.

Castaway: Got the DVD last week and watched it with my girlfriend. Great film, imo. Tom Hanks gives an awesome performance and the scene where he loses wilson gets me all the time. 9/10

The Matrix trilogy: Now, i'm mixed about this. Like other people, i would agree that the first film is still the best out of the three. However, the more i watch it, the more i start to dislike it. I give that an 8/10.

Reloaded isn't really that bad. Got some good moments, but i think its too dragged out and it the ending means it can't even stand alone as a film by itself. 5/10

Revolutions: Well, they took the piss here, imo. Two great things from the first film were dialogue and action. They over-elaborated both of these and therefore made me sick of this film. 4/10.

Last film i saw was Miracles

It's a great film with some great martial arts fight scenes in, Jackie Chan stars in this 1980's film set in the 1930's. Great film if you are into martial arts films.

8/10

King Kong.

Brilliant film, I don't understand how people can say this is a high-budget B-movie. Its just great, everything about it. The special effects, I feel, are the first that make me really think "that looks a bit too real"

10/10.

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective- 9/10

Any film where Jim Carrey bends over, starts to pretned to talk out of his behind and says "May I ass you a few questions" automatically gets a thumbs up for me.

Lord of War- 8.5/10

They say it's based on a real story, though is in fact based on a composite of 5 gunrunners. Awesome film which tracks the life of a man who trades guns for a living. Nice to see some popular films out there which arn't just pieces of crud put together to try and get as many to see it as possible. A blockbuster with brains, even, as one of the quotes on the box puts it.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly- 9/10

Saw this again the other day (this time with my own special edition DVD ^_^), and indeed, it still remains one of my favourite films ever. Definately one all should see.

All in all, good film-watching weekend.

City of God : 8/10 Very good worth a watch

Se7en : 9/10 Great thriller and a need to see

Notting Hill : 5/10 meh alrite i guess

Hitch : 4/10 Pretty poor but decent in parts

Pocco Rosso : 7/10 Decent anime movie, worth a watch if your into it.

The village : 2/10 Crap, decent twist at the end but not scary and drawn out.

Hostel : 3/10 also crap and not scary, overly gory, takes ages to get into anything, i was very disapointed with this

Man on fire : 8/10 liked this, devent film dealing with decent issues, worth a watch

Currently have Stigmata and harold + kumar get the munchies waiting to be watched once i get the dvd to work again >.>

Castaway: Got the DVD last week and watched it with my girlfriend. Great film, imo. Tom Hanks gives an awesome performance and the scene where he loses wilson gets me all the time. 9/10

I love Castaway, found it very emotional not only at the wilson part but also at the end where he's at the crossroads and doesn't know which direction to take for his life. I must get that on DVD to sit on my shelf alongside my other favourites :smile:

Million Dollar Baby- I was told it was a heart warming film, but instead it was pretty tragic. Excellent scripting and character interaction between Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman. Deserving of awards? I'd say so and give it an 9 out of 10.

Currently have Stigmata and harold + kumar get the munchies waiting to be watched once i get the dvd to work again >.>

Harold and Kumar is hilarious. Ive never watched it stoned but its meant to be even better when you are. Seriously though, great film 9/10

I love Castaway, found it very emotional not only at the wilson part but also at the end where he's at the crossroads and doesn't know which direction to take for his life. I must get that on DVD to sit on my shelf alongside my other favourites :smile:

I love that ending. It sent shivers down my spine when you see hanks at the end at the crossroads. I just felt so bad for him.

Great film. Well worth owning. :)

The 40 Year Old Virgin

I really enjoyed it. Funny, good story and a good ending. I might have to buy.

King Kong.

Brilliant film, I don't understand how people can say this is a high-budget B-movie. Its just great, everything about it. The special effects, I feel, are the first that make me really think "that looks a bit too real"

10/10.

I Second that.

Also i just finished Lord of War which is pretty decient. I give it an 8.5/10.

The last time I watched Aladdin I had a mate over and we were wasted on shit mix (any and all spirits in the house mixed together). We were drunk as fuck and just saw it and put it on. It was pretty good as far as I remember. I hate the songs though, I feel songs get in the way of movies, the only exception being South Park: BLU cuz they are funny as hell.

... ... ... :shock:

The songs got in the way of the movie...

The human race continues to baffle me.

Anyway, instead of watching another film, I watched Aladdin again, still give it 10/10 and still think it is possibly the best film ever.

Refer Madness - The Movie Musical - 8 or 9 cant decide.

Watched it cause Kristen Bell is in it (also turns out Alan Cumming, Neve Cambelle and some other people I recognise are in it) but its a fun satorical mocking of the paranoia around Marijuana. Its totally silly and wacky, with catchy songs.

"Turning all our children into hooligans and whores!"

Coffee and Cigarettes

It's an interesting idea, the film is around 10 short scenes of different people sitting around, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. It wasn't the most exciting hour and a half but there were some good scenes, especially the Steve Coogan & Alfred Molena one and the Bill Murray one. 6/10

Akira: Finally got a chance to see this film (Picked it up at a second hand book shop at my local town, Torre Del Mar), and I loved it, the action scenes are done really well, the animation is top notch, puts disney to shame. The only thing I didn't really like was the music, it wasn't dramatic enough.

9/10.

i concur with akira i thought it was a great movie, last film i recall seeing fully was..probably fear and loathing in las vegas, whic is aweseom

9/10 dont know if it deserves a 10 but it was great

Kill Bill vol. 1

Brilliant movie. Fantastic style and impressive fights. Really loved the anime bit too. 10/10

If anyone's interested you can get free DVD rentals from the following sites, as long as you click cancel before the trial is over you don't pay a penny.

Blockbuster

Screenselect

Amazon

Is it easy enough to cancel, I might give it a try, I have 3 films I want to watch .

Saw Silent Hill yesterday.

Despite never having played the games, I thought it was a rather good film, although not at all scary for a horror film

Is it easy enough to cancel, I might give it a try, I have 3 films I want to watch .

It is, you just go onto your account and there is an option to cancel, it shows the next day payment is due so you know you'll be cancelling in time. I've used Blockbuster and Screenselect so far.

The Matrix trilogy: now, i'm mixed about this. Like other people, i would agree that the first film is still the best out of the three. However, the more i watch it, the more i start to dislike it. I give that an 8/10.

Reloaded isn't really that bad. Got some good moments, but i think its too dragged out and it the ending means it can't even stand alone as a film by itself. 5/10

Revolutions: Well, they took the piss here, imo. Two great things from the first film were dialogue and action. They over-elaborated both of these and therefore made me sick of this film. 4/10.

your not my friend any more.

my personal scores for the trilogy would be this:-

matrix : 10/10

reloaded 8/10

revolutions 6/10

You see watching the matrix was sorta a paradrigm shift for me,

Reloaded was great, it was exactly how i imagined a live action anime would be like, it has one of the best sword fights ive ever seen, awesome soundtrack and some OTT dialogue.

Revolutions was just a sell out really, you see, the ended it in a way so matrix online could be made, matrix online is shit, the stupid kid had too much screen time, the final shot with rainbows and shit was just no.

and when u play path of neo, you soon realise the wachowskis seemed to off pissed about with the final film with the megasmith and all this other nonsense. the final film doesnt provide a closure, neo dies, the end.

the superbrawl is really awesome tho, most of the scenes IN the matrix is awesome, hugo weaving is such an awesome actor and he has the best performance by far.

but the first matrix will always remain the superior by far, one of the things i loved were some of the animatrix episodes, they really made more sense of things.