NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Pulp Fiction

What can I say...10/10. This is such a classic film and I had to learn about a scene in film studies.

I quote "Now that is a tasty burger!".

The Princess and the Frog

I was so excited to see this. Disney going back to hand drawn animation? YES FUCKING PLEASE.

Well it lived up to my expectation, it's everything you would expect from a "classic" Disney film. It's funny, has a great story, emotional, and has a lesson.

The characters are top-notch, my favourite being Ray the cuban fire-fly :)

So glad Disney are back to doing what they do best :D

9/10

I think the fly was Cajun, not Cuban! :p

Urrrrm typo?

XD

Yeah ok my bad...maybe it's because I have been to Cuba? XD

I should know that they don't talk like that though :/

Karate Kid.

So awesome. Haven't seen it in some time. Crane Kick to the face bitch! 9/10

Karate Kid II.

Had Nakamura Hiro's mum in it as a teenager. Weird! 7/10

Valentine's Day

They played Hunter by Bjork before the trailers started, making this cinemagoing experience So Much Betta.

But yeah. More enjoyable than I thought. I had a smile painted across my face multiple times. I loved Anne Hathaway. I never really imagined Jessica Biel could talk. I'd seen her in magazines before looking all amazonian, but she was funny/fun in this. Both Taylors felt needless, but at least Swift was funny.

Hmm. Yeah. It put me in a good mood, but isn't really a good film. Just lots of little scenes all tied together designed to stroke our audiencegenitalia in the right places to incur joy and sadness.

Hachiko: A Dog's Story

This popped up on my radar lest week so I thought I'd check it out, with some trepidation. After all, Richard Gere in a remake of a Japanese film? It felt like a bad Lifetime movie (I say that knowing they occasionally do okay ones). Plus I hated how there was a token Japanese guy to explain things sometimes, and a random scene in which he and Richard Gere were sword fighting.

So then I thought I'd check out:

Hachikô monogatari

Better. The acting was a bit wooden at times, and there were a lot more daft comic relief moments but better. The daughter was a right bitch (and at times looked like Joseph Gordon-Levitt circa 3rd Rock) and poor Hachi getting passed from pillar to post. I loved this exchange:

Man: "So he walked from Asakusa to Shibuya?"

Other man: "Well I don't think he got the train."

Mental image of the dog queuing up for a ticket, barking, getting his ticket and boarding the train.

I love the story of Hachi though (and Futurama's take on it). Oh and the line "You can feed a dog for three days and its loyal to you for life. Feed a cat for three years and it's still indifferent." Obligatory photo:

n536116492_2411360_3267659.jpg

Valentine's Day

They played Hunter by Bjork before the trailers started, making this cinemagoing experience So Much Betta.

But yeah. More enjoyable than I thought. I had a smile painted across my face multiple times. I loved Anne Hathaway. I never really imagined Jessica Biel could talk. I'd seen her in magazines before looking all amazonian, but she was funny/fun in this. Both Taylors felt needless, but at least Swift was funny.

Hmm. Yeah. It put me in a good mood, but isn't really a good film. Just lots of little scenes all tied together designed to stroke our audiencegenitalia in the right places to incur joy and sadness.

Yeah Topher Grace and Anne Hathaway were far and away the best characters. Even Julia Roberts was.....*sigh* good....*shudder*

The kid was worse than shit though.

And I thought Jacob was better than Taylor Swift. "Did she tell you about the spit wad" massive lol.

He didn't do anything though. He had no role in the film. He added nothing. I just thought Swift was more entertaining.

My sister pointed out that if they got married they'd both be Taylor Lautner. :p

It was an alright film, I did not expect the twists in the film.

The teenagers were crap, the little kid whilst funny at times was rubbish. I thought the main romance was too obvious and so I didn't enjoy that. The stuf on the plane was quite good though, especially Julia Robert's ending.

Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

A solid 8/10 if not more. This was really emotional, and I felt connected at the ending, yet there were a few unresolved bits and my housemates came home from pub right near the end, so the atmosphere in the room whilst watching was ruined slightly.

I was also insistent that the father was the guy who plays the werewolf in Harry Potter, but the girlfriend was adamant he wasn't! Shall IMDB it now.

Memento

9/10

Saw this film in film studies. I was quite drawn in by the abnormal way they had of showing the storyline, as in showing one clip in bits, but working backwards on a story related to it. It was an interesting film with some very eye catching shots and explanations of what was going on.

It was an alright film, I did not expect the twists in the film.

The teenagers were crap, the little kid whilst funny at times was rubbish. I thought the main romance was too obvious and so I didn't enjoy that. The stuf on the plane was quite good though, especially Julia Robert's ending.

Yeah Julia Roberts and man I don't know but probably is famous' bit was the best. Just cause the endings of both were great and unexpected.

I did love "Don't make Katya come down there off her horse.." from Anne Hathaway, though. :laughing:

rendition_xlg.jpg

bored.jpg

4/10

outlander_poster4.jpg

Whoever wrote that tagline didn't watch the film.

Kind of entertaining in a majorly-ripping-off-Beowulf type way.

5/10

runningman.jpg

An excellent movie, action packed. Love how the audience go from supporting the hunters to supporting Ben Richards (Schwarzenegger) by the time he has taken out 2.

I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!

9.5/10

I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!

*slams camera onto the ground*

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

Starring Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel. You can definetly tell the difference between Lester's version and this version from the very start. Lester cut out Marlon Brando from the movie to avoid paying him the 11% he asked for. Many scenes are as they were intended to be, the script remained as it was instead of Lester's re-write. Just from reading about Lester's cut of Superman II may make me not want to watch it again because of all the changes from Donner's version to his. There is so much different, i cannot list it all here.

9.5/10

The Wolfman

I hated this film. I wanted it to end all the way through. Horrible, predictable story. Cheesy dialogue/setting. Ludicrous wolf CGI or whatever. Anthony Hopkins is a splendid actor? yes he is, but in this, he was irritating.

I don't have enough hateful words to describe my feelings. Bard, get in here.

Shit/10

The Wolfman

I hated this film. I wanted it to end all the way through. Horrible, predictable story. Cheesy dialogue/setting. Ludicrous wolf CGI or whatever. Anthony Hopkins is a splendid actor? yes he is, but in this, he was irritating.

I don't have enough hateful words to describe my feelings. Bard, get in here.

Shit/10

It wasn't that bad. (but was terrible)

But during the finale I was thinking more about my comic project than what was happening on screen.

Oh....Emily Blunt sideboob actually. So 10/10. For that bit. Honestly so nice. DVDFFWingly good.

The rest......worst film I've seen in a long time. At the cinema.

The Red Shoes (1948)

poster.jpg

vn15k2.jpg

She Gotta Dance, She Gotta Dance

And She Can't Stop 'Till Them Shoes Come Off

These Shoes Do, A Kind Of Voodoo

They're Gonna Make Her Dance 'Till Her Legs Fall Off

Call A Doctor, Call A Priest

They're Gonna Whip Her Up Like A Helicopter

8/10