NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Another Arnie movie, this time as the futuristic cyborg sent back through time. I personally think that when both Arnie's and Roberts Terminator characters go after John, you don't actually know who is set to kill him until the corridor. (thats if you have never seen the second movie). Brilliant movie, better than the first one to be fair.

10/10

no it's not.

pretty good, but no where near as good as it's predecessor.

Yeah, Terminator beats T2, just. However, they're pretty different at the same time, so I always felt that a direct comparison was unfair.

It's really not. If was to be critical, I'd say T2 is a good action film with a recycled plot. The Terminator is tense, nerve-racking and, at times, scary. T2 kinda loses that edge by having a "good" terminator.

Kidulthood 9/10

I thought it was a really gripping film, portrays the young generation as twats but it was funny in places, sometimes scary, but generally very enjoyable throughout.

I love Kidulthood and Adulthood. Both very good films IMO.

It his opinion people, not the general consensus. If what stuwii others think was always true, We'd all be tugging over the new Muse CD.

Highlander

Stars Christopher Lamber, Clancy Brown and Sean Connery. Pretty good film about a group of immortals after the ultimate prize. Packed full of Queen songs, so if you are a fan of Queen there you go. Excellent movie, can't say the same about the sequels it spawned.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Stars Harrison Ford. Darn good action/adventure movie. I am watching this in preparation for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which should be here Saturday/Monday depending on delivery and the dopey postie.

"Hmm, Asps. You'd better go first"

Both movies get 9/10

Hangover

hangover.jpg

It was funny but I was expecting to laugh more. It was still the usual humour seen in this "type" of comedy movie and it didn't do anything new just did it a tad better than a fair number of other movie's.

Zach Galifianakis was awesome though! :grin:

7/10

Highlander

Stars Christopher Lamber, Clancy Brown and Sean Connery. Pretty good film about a group of immortals after the ultimate prize. Packed full of Queen songs, so if you are a fan of Queen there you go. Excellent movie, can't say the same about the sequels it spawned.

amen :D

one of my all time favourite films... and my all time favourite band.. WHY FREDDIE!?

no it's not.

pretty good, but no where near as good as it's predecessor.

I disagree.. T2 did almost everything better.. The switching of roles was pure genius..

and let's be fare the stop-motion effects in t1 were excellent but it looks very dated.. There is very little in t2 that was dated.. the t1000 effects still look awesome about 15 years later!

I love T1 I really do but at the end of the day it's a machine chasing after a women with a man protecting her.. It has excellent character development and well is all-round brilliant..

T2 gave everyone what they wanted.. arnie as the goodguy and robert patrick was a badass vilain.

It comes down to this in my opinion and i know it sounds silly but T2 stood the test of time much better than t1 did.. t2 would look great in a cinema even now...t1 would be laughable..

But i believe the general consensues is that t2 is better anyway.. I;m just really shit at defending movies :D

Yeah, Terminator beats T2, just. However, they're pretty different at the same time, so I always felt that a direct comparison was unfair.

this is very true.. I hate pointing faults in either... it;s the same as alien and aliens for me..

I ... just prefer aliens.. but alien is ahorror and aliens aint so.. WAYY different.

I also watched Terminator 2. It is a very different film compared to the first one, it seems a bit lighter perhaps. The Terminator was pure man vs. machine, whereas this was man + machine vs. a liquidy metal machine...thing. For me, the character of Kyle Reese just makes the first film more enjoyable. The Terminator in the first film is also very, very cunning. How it finds Sarah in Tech Noir, then the Police Station, then the Motel at the end. It's excellent. The T-1000 loses John and Sarah at the Mental Hospital and doesn't come into direct contact with them again until the freeway chase at the end. It's less of a "chase" movie than the first film, which just edges it for me.

Buuuut, they are both highly excellent films. We're talking 10/10 quality for both. Me and ViPeR/Joe were watching this last night, and we both thought that the special effects are just so, so good even today. This film is also highly quotable.

BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TO!

I HAVE DETAILED FILES!

hahahahaha.

Public Enemy: Went to this not really expecting anything seeing as I knew knowing about except it had bank robbers and two famous actors.

I found it to be an enjoyable film though the style of the camera shooting felt different to me so it took some time to get used to.

The cameras were far too close into the actors face but it let me play a fun game called "Count the stubble on Johnny Depp´s face"

But in the action scenes it made up for that, though they had one annoying flaw, the action scenes in the dark made it hard to see who was shooting who on account on everyone dressing very similarly.

The story was good and kept me interesting until the end of the film, but the film moved ad a snails pace at the beginning and took a while to get to the interesting parts.

Sound effects and music fitted the film and you could really feel in the cinema every bullet being shot.

Overall it´s a good watch but nothing spectacular or something to remember for a long time but it´s a long film and it would probably be a while until I will want to watch it again.

The Cat Returns

Such a happy feel-good film :D First time seeing it despite buying it last year. Typical Ghibli Goodness.

8/10

I went to see harry potter:

loved it.. don't understand the complaints at all. Perhaps a bit too much focus on the relationships and the bridge scene at the start I guess a little random..

But Dumbledores death was well... I;m not really sure what mostpeople expected when he died.. I liked the ending anwyay.. Bittersweet like you know the empire strikes back..

Sometimes I get convinced people aren't satisfied unless it is a happy ending.

7.5/10

I hated The Cat Returns.

Well, I liked it until the shitty bits about cats in dresses.

Pulp Fiction

Stars Samuel L Jackson, Bruce Willis and John Travolta. Darn good movie in my opinion, love the "Burger" scene and the "Date" scene(s) in general. 9.5/10

Adaptation

Brilliant! Didn't know a thing about it, so was even more surprised at the premise. Cage was strangely...good. I felt I could relate (in a minor way) to a lot of the themes.

9.7/10

I hated The Cat Returns.

Well, I liked it until the shitty bits about cats in dresses.

The whole beastiality thing freaked me out. I suppose it wasn't as bad as the pedophilia in some of Studio Ghibli's films (Laputa and Porco Rosso ring a bell).

The Ugly Truth

I must say I like Gerard Butler. Pretty good film really, amusing in places, sexual. Nice.

8/10

This week I intend to watch GI Joe and.......MOON! They are fucking showing it at Aylesbury (shock horror)

Molly, you want to see either?

This week I intend to watch GI Joe and.......MOON! They are fucking showing it at Aylesbury (shock horror)

Molly, you want to see either?

Moon Moon Moon!! Cheap Tuesdays :D Is GI Joe the one with Sienna Miller and the green mold? The one everyone is likening to Team America, but actually taking itself seriously? Sounds pretty bad, my friend.

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Think this is about the same as Pet Detective in terms of laughs although I think this one is probably the slightly better of the two films. They're perfect examples of Carrey's comedic credentials, which although still there have dwindled slightly over the last few years. Anyway, it's a great film with some good laughs in it. The whole idea of a pet detective being scared of a bat, whom he is trying to rescue was a good one. And the 'fits like a glove' line was classic.

7.5 out of 10

Moon Moon Moon!! Cheap Tuesdays :D Is GI Joe the one with Sienna Miller and the green mold? The one everyone is likening to Team America, but actually taking itself seriously? Sounds pretty bad, my friend.

Pffft, no way! it's firm fun. This guy knows where its at.

Justin O gave it 9:

I feel people are looking for a bit too much in movies now a days, they are simply a form of entertainment, stop bashing your heads over so much small detail and enjoy them for what they are. This movie wasn't the best in the world, but I would hate to see it fall into the same category as Transformers ROTF, which I feel was no where near as bad as people and critics said it is.

But yeah. Lol. Sounds good.

Thats creepy, just looked up and my LEGO underground mining station wheel was turning. It goes down itself when you spin it, but I havn't spun it today and I've been sitting here for 13 minutes. I'm scared. :(

G.I. Joe

It has a very thin plot, uninspired dialogue and lots of average CGI. But it also has Sienna Miller, lots of explosions, cool vehicles and it's one of those movies that switches off my brain which in this case is a good thing. Actually it feels like watching an amazingly long cut scene from a video game.

8/10

Step Brothers 6/10

The sleepwalking scenes made me laugh...and the ball sack on drum set scene! Overall it could have been better though.

Coco Avant Chanel

Eh. The actual events in this film don't justify a film, on retrospect. It plays like a FAR less good or important La Vie En Rose in terms of story.

Very plain. The only times it really piqued my interest were when she made some bold fashion statement, and then the end bit. The rest is so very plain and dull. And it's not like they ever attempt to base her desire for more androgynous fashion choices in anything in her life, really.

Eh. Stodgy and plainly nice./10