NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Revolution and the Wavebird.

I know you can use standard Gamecube controlers on the Revolution, but does anyone know if you can use a Wavebird on one at all as well?

I assume so, though the big transmittor thing might not fit in the indenty bit where the flap goes??!...I dunno; I assume it will.

I'd imagine you could,just stick reciever in a port and I'd would work just the same as GC control

Yeah, if the wired hardware works that means the ports can't have changed radically (like to digital from analog or something)

While it wont be pretty, and you might have to have your console angled at the place you're sitting (it's infa red ain't it?) it should work fine.

You might get really lucky and find that Nintendo have built the reciever into it for you :) but that's a big might.

After tasting the joy that is the wireless Logitech pad for the PS2, I can't stand any controllers with wires anymore. Hopefully Nintendo will do something about this.

While it wont be pretty, and you might have to have your console angled at the place you're sitting (it's infa red ain't it?) it should work fine.

Wavebird Wireless controllers use radio frequency signals, that's one of the reasons why they were so great. :D

Wavebird Wireless controllers use radio frequency signals, that's one of the reasons why they were so great. :D

yeah I remember seeing an ad in a gaming magazine where there was a guy taking a dump in his bathroom while playing using the Wavebird and using a mirror to see what was going on on the screen

hahah, damn i kinda wish i had bought a wavebird, i hate having to stop playing when nature calls :P

Hahaha yeah that was in a movie first, the guy used it so he could watch the sports on ESPN while taking a crap.. obviously was adopted for gamers.

Yeah I think it would be reasonable for Nintendo to implement an RFID tracker that is compatible with wavebird and Revolution's free hand controller.

Reggie said last week that when you play a Gamecube game on the Rev, you will only be able to play it with gamecube peripherals, and all of them are compatible. Wavebird, microphone, bongos, etc.

Sorted then, if it's compatible then it's probably definite that the Wavebird peripheral must be plugged in.

Bumpity bump bump.

When Wii comes out, can some one confirm if it works or not??

Yes it'll work after all the console is built predominately around gamecube hardware so why wouldn't it work? There shouldn't be any interference with the Bluetooth signals. Also the side flap where the gamecube controller ports are located folds back in such a way that it goes flat so it does not block the RF transmittor so you're free to plug in the RF transmittor and use the Wavebird controller, this was definitely confirmed somewhere, can't quite recall where though...

The only thing i'm no so sure about is whether if you plug in 4 wired GC controllers into the Wii ports, and the console is standing vertically, will it remain stable. It wouldn't look too good, it'll take away from the sleek design of the Wii.

Bumpity bump bump.

When Wii comes out, can some one confirm if it works or not??

The flap is designed so that the controller ports are not directly in the center - perfect for the WaveBird adapter. Basically the Wii is designed for the WaveBird.

Oh sweet. Thanks guys! I just hate using wired pads! I think I'll order one from amazon.

wii_standard_controller.jpg

Doesnt look like it though it could just attach to the freehand controller... but that would be a bit awkward.

It is wireless in the sense that you don't connect it to a controller port, but just like the Nunchuck attachment, a wire is used to connect it to the Wiimote. So basically, if you playing a VC game, you'd have the Wiimote stationary on the side while you play that game.

Yeah, I was confused about that. I've seen it connected to the Wiimote, but not to the console. Weird.

The ultimate design for the Classic controller is not to have a fixed cable like they currently have, but to have a double headed USB connection [the tip that snaps into the Wiimote] but on both sides, meaning that you can have the Classic Controller completely wireless while playing games not requiring the Wiimote so you don't have this cord sticking out making it akward, yet also having the option of connecting it back to the Wiimote if there are special games that use the motion technology in the Wiimote.

It would be cool, if you didn't even need to plug the adapter thing in the wii, maybe it will pick up the frequeinces like it picks up the wii remotes.

It appears not, I don't think any Nintendo representative has said that the Classic Controller shown is indeed the final design. Modifications can still be made, but nothing major, expect something very similar if not exactly the same to what we've seen.

Sign in to follow this