NEurope
Nintenchris

Gamecube - Best possible picture

Right i brought this the other week...

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=ELEC&title=742335

And i find that my gamecube looks rather crap on it... and i was wondering if its possible to get a better picture on it... so after looking round the net i found lots of people saying that this is they best way to get a great picture

gc_cvcable.jpg

Now i have got the right connetion on the back of my cube as i have had it from day one... and i know you cant buy that cable in the uk...

Well anyway all i need to know is... if i find somewhere to buy that cable from somewhere.. will it make any diffrence to the picture

I don't think it affects the picture, since it's all one quality. The cable is just for those "other type" of TVs that don't have basic video input.

I think the digital av out was disabled on the PAL Gamecube and eventually removed altogether. I’ve got it on my Cube (that I bought on release day) but I've never used it.

Got mine going trough the official RGB scart lead via the analog av out and it looks great, mind you I've got a pretty standard CRT TV so I'm not too sure about all this HD stuff. :hmm:

Anyway that cable can be found on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Official-Nintendo-Gamecube-Component-HDTV-Cable-NEW_W0QQitemZ8262557834QQcategoryZ20389QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guess you should find out for sure if it'll work / improve the picture first as its pricey! :shock:

Those Samsung TV's with an RGB picture are utter crap. I don't if the digital port on the Cube is disabled but a properly functioning component cable will give you a much much better picture with that set. Well worth the money for the difference that cable will give you.

The component cable will work on your pal cube(as it's those which still have the digital connection.). But you still have to use the analog cable if you want sound though, and the output of the digital cable is interlaced. But so is the analog rpg so it doesn't matter. And are you sure that you have component input on your tv? You might find the cable at lik-sang too.

Which connection are you using now?

They don't make the digital output on cubes nowadays so you need an old cube to take advantage of it. Those are the correct cables needed, i think you can still get them from lik sang.

I need a componant cable too. i ordered from play asia but it looks like they aren't going to get stock.

Let me know if lik0sang ships if you decide to order there..

Im gonna look in local shops first... second hand stuff obviously.

Why on earth does it cost so much?

They don't make the digital output on cubes nowadays so you need an old cube to take advantage of it. Those are the correct cables needed, i think you can still get them from lik sang.
In America you can still contact nintendo and ask them to put the digital output in, I think it costs $10 or so.

I Did a mad seach resently for the best cable for my cube (Only got a CRT) i had crappy picture using AV cables, bleeding in the picture and everything, resently bought the Gamecube RGB cable, and wow best picture my TV has ever got, so i suggest useing a RGB if you have a CRT, but i spose with that HD LCD, i read for ages trying to find S-video for my cube, finding out that it was disabled on the PAL ones, im not sure about those cables tho. sorry im rableing on, heh first post :\ scary, anyway good luck trying to find a cable.

I believe RGB is officially the best the GameCube can look in this country without resorting to importing and mods.

I used the Game RGB cable with my Nintendo Playsquaretion for months and I found it to produce an excellent quality picture way beyond the included AV cables. However this all changed when I picked up a new HDTV, the 32" version of the one posted by Cube_Game. The image quality was fine, but games running in 60hz had awful lines running through bright colours that was really off-putting.

I experimented with a number of third party RGB cables because the official one is so difficult to find, and finally went back to Game and paid them £3 for another of theirs (mine had a slight break on the connector, see, which may have attributed towards the problem) and it worked fine.

Game RGB cables are dirt cheap now, and produce great results.

I believe RGB is officially the best the GameCube can look in this country without resorting to importing and mods.

I used the Game RGB cable with my Nintendo Playsquaretion for months and I found it to produce an excellent quality picture way beyond the included AV cables. However this all changed when I picked up a new HDTV, the 32" version of the one posted by Cube_Game. The image quality was fine, but games running in 60hz had awful lines running through bright colours that was really off-putting.

I experimented with a number of third party RGB cables because the official one is so difficult to find, and finally went back to Game and paid them £3 for another of theirs (mine had a slight break on the connector, see, which may have attributed towards the problem) and it worked fine.

Game RGB cables are dirt cheap now, and produce great results.

Officialy in this country, RGB is the best available. I have the official cable and it provides a pretty good picture.