NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
1UP

The Koreans have jumped in!

Pre-order Xbox 360 Units Sold Out in Korea

http://www.xbox360asia.com/archives/2006/02/25/pre-order-xbox-360-sold-out-in-korea/

The first batch of pre-order Xbox 360 was sold out in the first 9 hours after the official 360 launch in Korea. Microsoft is very optimistic about the sales of Xbox 360 in Korea even though there was not enough buzz in Japan.

Microsoft Korea explained that the prices of Xbox 360 in Korea were compet1t1ve compared to any other place in Asia.

* Xbox 360 Premium package is 419 000 Won (US$434, S$704)

* Xbox 360 Core package is 339 000 Won (US$351, S$570)

However when we check out the price of the premium package which will be on sale in Singapore on 16th March 2006, Singapore is selling for S$660 as compared with S$704 in Korea, US$27 cheaper.

Prices aside.

The general manager of Microsoft Entertainment & Devices Division in Asia Pacific and Greater China Region, Alan Bowman, has expressed they have learnt a few lessons from the Japan 360 launch. Microsoft’s strategy is to make more Xbox 360 games in Korean and have Korean game developers to localize the games.

Phantagram, developer of the game Kingdom Under Fire, is one such Korean developer that is going global rather than just catering to the local Korean market.

The insane popularity of Internet gaming in Korea may help driven Xbox 360 sales if Xbox fans and gamers were connected via Xbox Live to play their favorite games and score plenty of acheivements.

Seems it is a pretty rosy picture for Korean Xbox 360 market.

korea01.jpg

korea02.jpg

korea03.jpg

.................god damn ...im speechless...i feel like laughing for some sic reason i dont know........

haha, can' believe the koreans are lapping up the xbox 360. Good news for microsoft I guess, especially when compared to the dire figures of the Japanese launch.

Hah, will probably go the same route as Japan. It's crazy, Microsoft have cut the prices on 360 there so much that a premium costs as much as a core pack over here.

they still sold out. Maybe the other 150 wanted to see what it was like or since it sold out didn't get to buy one? Either that or i dunno lol.

Sign in to follow this