NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shinto

Whats the best Antivirus program

McAfee is better than Norton. I'm a Norton user and it sucks balls to be totally honest.

Norton killed my computer once!

I use AVG now... best thing about it is its free and i have been using it for years now and it updates atleast once a day... couldnt recomend it highly enougth!

If you feel like paying I've heard great stuff about nod32 or Kaspersky. I had a nod32 beta for a while and it was really nice and unobtrusive.

When I put Norton Internet Security 06 on my computer, it crashed the damn thing. Apparently this can happen if your PC has any spyware on it (one the reasons I wanted the damn thing in the first place). I was quite surprised as 05 had worked on my mums computer just fine. However, once I rebooted my computer and got it working, it's got my computer done up like Fort Knox. It does use a fair chunk of your system but nothing too detrimental to performance, and your computer will be fairly safe against almost anything out there. I'll leave you to decide.

AVG all the way here, on all three comps in the house. My dad even shelled out like £40-£50 for Nortons, but Nortons creates more hassle than it's worth with program installations and stuff like that.

AVG also updates straight away when you turn the computer on, which is nice. :smile:

AVG Free is very good for the money :p

It is a very good antivirus, i'd recommend it, it definitely doesn't fuck up your pc.

Avast is by far the best out there, is free also. Norton is just a system hog.

1. Whats the best antivirus Program?

2. Whats better Mcfee or Norton?

thanks Cheers :hehe:

I use Nortan, and tried to connect with a dsl for the first time. TOTAL HELL. Let me tell you.

I blocked all of my connections, thought they were hackers.

I would advise not to use Notan.

Mac OS X..... well, someone had to say it! ;)

Linux. mac's can get viruses....

Anyway, i got norton free with my laptop. Uninstalled it about 20 minuites after installing and got the much better AVG instead.

one thing: NEVEREVER use norton the shit crashes css and other online games all the the time and i cant remove it cuz its not my PC :(

oh and ive been using avast for some while now and it is :laughing: @ norton

Norton blows goats. Ever heard of the latest cool toy?

You go on an IRC channel and type 'startkeylogger' without the '. Anybody using norton will automatically get disconnected with the error message Connection reset by peer. This is tried by me and very true :D

So handy if you want to get the person in question offline if he/she's being a dick and you have no op.

Dude, Norton sucks. As does McAfee.

Get AVG Free, it works great. One time it picked up a load of viruses which Norton couldn't find on my comp. I'm guessing because more people sue Norton than AVG the virus programmer tried to get his virus to disable Norton but not AVG? :hmm:

Sign in to follow this