NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) coming to Europe!

Confirmed today that Sega Europe will be releasing the title in Europe afterall.

CVG Article

I'm glad to see that the PS2 is still going to be getting some kick arse games this year.

I've still got to pick up Shadow of the Collossus, then there's Guitar Hero and knowing that Okami is coming in 6 months or so clearly shows the PS2 is the platform to own at the moment until the Revolution and PS3 are around. :smile:

I don't understand all the comparisons with Shenmue people go on about, to me it just doesn't look a similar style of game. Okay the setting, but loads of games are set in the same place but are totally different.

Good to see more and more titles being release in Europe recently that would usually maybe not.

It got a 38/40 in Famitsu iirc; this looks like a modern Streets of Rage to me, I'll definatly be buying this one.

Well, Toshihiro Nagoshi worked on Shenmue, which probably helps to fuel this idea. Its also very similar in the way that it features huge free-roaming cities full of interactive objects and people to talk to. Im assuming though that combat will play a bigger part in the story, but I think a lot of the screen shots of the environment are highly reminiscent of the style of Shenmue. It is set several years later though.

Very very happy that there will be a Euro release (but cant wait and will get the US version).

________

Oregon medical marijuana

Edited by Johelian

Wooo can't wait for this one, another one to my almighty pile of PS2 games. That system just isn't going to die easily, heh

Out summer? That's great, play it in the drought of games. ^_^

i got the japanese copy last weekend. shenmue is a better game!

from what i have played so far the game is good but can get tiresome. always fighting random criminal gang members can get a bit too much. the story seems to be really good though.

you cannot explore anywhere you want like in shenmue. its not as interactive as shenmue.

AWESOME! This game looks pretty good, I hope they keep the jap voices.

Sign in to follow this