NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption

am i barking up a tree that doesnt exist? just thought that you guys may know something... cheers.

raven

did a bit of googeling.. it just looks as if the title "Sanity's redemption" was one of the "sanity effect's" in Eternal Darkness.. the title popped up when you were loosing it.

a little teaser telling the player that there might be a sequel

It was an insanity effect, it happened to me. As much as I would love a sequal didnt Silicon Knights (was it them) leave Nintendos 2nd party group?

I remember playing throught the game in one day. I realy loved the game. Maybe I'll start playing it again..

It was indeed a great game..I only wish that they had done a sequel, doesn't look likely now though. :confused:

If Nintendo do hold the license I'd love to see a sequel on Revolution, they could quite easily hand the license to a third party (Capcom...) and using the Revolutions graphics, tying the revolution controller into the action and puzzles. I only recently got the original (Well thats a lie, I did get it when it first game out but never really got into it and traded it in when I got stuck) and am absolutely loving it, amazing game. My biggest disappointment is probably the graphics, you can really tell it was an N64 game originally and it does detract from the scaryness a bit.

I beat the game, it was good but nothing special. It was just getting a bit repetitive (kill zombies, go to next room, kill zombies, go to next room, kill zombies, solve puzzle, kill zombies and a horror, go to next room, ...). The insanity effects where neat though.

Wouldn't buy the sequel.

I beat the game, it was good but nothing special. It was just getting a bit repetitive (kill zombies, go to next room, kill zombies, go to next room, kill zombies, solve puzzle, kill zombies and a horror, go to next room, ...). The insanity effects where neat though.

Wouldn't buy the sequel.

Didn't you like the story? I thought the story was amazing.

Anyway, yeah...it was just a Sanity Effect. I very much doubt we'll ever see a sequel. I hope i'm wrong, because ED was one of my favourite games ever.

Didn't you like the story? I thought the story was amazing.

Anyway, yeah...it was just a Sanity Effect. I very much doubt we'll ever see a sequel. I hope i'm wrong, because ED was one of my favourite games ever.

The story was good, deep and very dark. I also liked the cutscenes.

I don't regret buying it, at that price (10€) it was a steal (even at the full price I wouldn't regret it). I just heard a lot of positive comments on this game and I guess I overrated it a bit.

It was a good game and it really happened to me.I was petrified when I saw the message appears and tinking I had to buy a sequel to see the final...yeah I was stupid:bouncy:

I love eternal darkness; I wouldn't want anyone other than Silicon Knights onbaord for the sequel(if it ever happens).

It was a good game and it really happened to me.I was petrified when I saw the message appears and tinking I had to buy a sequel to see the final...yeah I was stupid:bouncy:

I was more petrified when I saw "Your save games have been deleted" :laughing:

I bought it for £3.99 in the summer. Fantastic game, really enjoyed it. Definately worth the money.

sorry guys if my question wasnt clear.... but a few of ya's picked up on what i was asking... will there be a sequel?

well. if the licencing belongs to Nintendo, then ill assume that its possible.

anyway. ED:SR is a brilliant game.

as I remember the game didn't do too well at the "box-office".. but I hope there will be a sequel.. I played it through 3 times to get that "special ending".. I loved the start where you find your self shooting baddies with a shotgun and not knowing what the hell is going on.. and then suddently waking up

it was one of the two games (the other being sunshine) that i bought with my cube when i bought it way back in december 2002 and it scared the bejesus outta me! especially that saved files trick lol, the cockroach crawling over the "outside" of the screen, the phone ringing.. and, of course, THAT bathtub!

i thought it looked amazing, especially for a first generation title. i think the reason it didn't do well was because nintendo didn't market it at all really. these days if a sequel was being released nintendo's attitude has changed and i think it'd do very well. so fingers crossed...

as I remember the game didn't do too well at the "box-office".. but I hope there will be a sequel.. I played it through 3 times to get that "special ending".. I loved the start where you find your self shooting baddies with a shotgun and not knowing what the hell is going on.. and then suddently waking up

Loads of games that deserve to do well don't....It's ashame, especially when such common stuff gets so high in the charts.

i just started to play it again because i was at the end and my crap memory card wiped the dam thing :hmm::shakehead:cry: but iv been finding new things so it still floats my pirate boat :bowdown:

i did really like it but never finished it although i think i got quite far. chapter 5 or 6. been meaning to get back to it, but i kinda got stuck with one of the bosses - it was huge. it's been 3 or 4 years since i last touched it.

when i first got a hold of it, i beat it 3 times in a row (special ending that screams 'SEQUEL!!!!')

anyway, i put it down for ages, occasionally pulling it out to show people what a good horror game can be like. and to put casual gamers back into their place.... but anyway... came back to it eventually, because my save file had disappeared and i wanted to see the extra stuff again...

so yeah. played it at night, and then the damn walls started bleeding.

"yer. i think ive had enough for the night"

Sign in to follow this