NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McMad

What good PC games are there?

In the next few weeks i'll be getting a brand new PC :D and i need to know what essential PC games are there out there.

I'm not too keen on MMORPGs and which FPSs have free online play?

At the moment i'm planning on getting:

Half-Life 2

Battlefield 2

Call of Duty 2

Black and White 2

Any suggestions? :confused:

Would highly reccomend cs:s but as that comes with hl2, don't really need to mention it, rome total war is quite good, um i quite like homeworld2, far cry is very good, and very cheap (got mine for £10 new at GAME)-free online play (but annoying to set up-needs 3 patches and an account and stuff).

Well, I would also certainly recommend F.E.A.R. Also, if you like strategy games, you should definetely get Warhammer 40.000 - Dawn of War. Doom 3 is also really good, and Painkiller is a fantastic FPS. So, that's what I would recommend. :smile:

Rome: Total war. I bought it recently and I'm totally hooked. It is rediculous fun reducing vast Gaulian hordes to a massive field of squishy bodies and the same happening to your own Roman Legions at the hands of those dastardly Carthiginians. Massive city sieges, political maneuvering and populous management galore. There's something to enjoy for everyone.

Also get half-life 1.... it comes with all the expansion packs and stuff too.

I would also recommend Homeworld 2. With the 1.1 patch it's still looks pretty sweet even after it's release so long ago. It's rock hard, but a seminal 3D strategy game. The amounf of support it has from the Modding community is simply phenominal.

Worms 2. Don't need a new PC for that.

Nah, Dawn of War is a good RTS, on top of the above FPS's Far Cry and DoD Source maybe, although CoD2 and DoD are very similar.

It's a bit older but Freelancer is a very good game.

Also if you don't have an xbox the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay Developer's Cut could be interesting and Star Wars Republic Commando.

Also if you don't have an xbox the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay Developer's Cut could be interesting and Star Wars Republic Commando.

Both of those are fun to play so long as you don't pay too much for them, as I found them quite short. If the PC version has online multiplayer for SWRC, it'd probably make it a lot more worth it.

Aside from those I'd like to ask whether you're into RPGs at all? Or are you just looking for shooty games?

EDIT: Dawn Of War is really fun and if Rome Total War is as good as Shogun (any opinions Gaggle?) then get it.

EDIT: Dawn Of War is really fun and if Rome Total War is as good as Shogun (any opinions Gaggle?) then get it.

I haven't played Shogun, but I would say that Rome is certainly superior to Medieval Total War (which was also very good). It's just brilliant. Seriously, you can't go wrong with it. One of the best strategy games ever made. You can pick up Rome and it's expansion Barbarian Invasion together for less than £40 now, so you really shouldn't pass up the opertunity to get involved in such a fine gaming experience.

For some friendly RPG action, Neverwinter Nights can be picked up along with all it's expansions very cheaply now, and it's great D&D fun. Slightly dated prehaps, but that hasn't dented it's massive appeal.

Ooh, Elders Scrolls 3-Oblivion will look shiny on a new PC, get that.

Yes it's a very good game, and only about £10, and medievil2:total war, has been confirmed so it may be one to watch out for.

Yes it's a very good game, and only about £10, and medievil2:total war, has been confirmed so it may be one to watch out for.

Oops, the new one is Elder Scrolls 4 isn't it? :o I mean't that one by the way, but yeah Morrowind is good too.

Warcraft III is the best RTS, maybe a little old but it still looks pretty good, so if you want a great RTS that will entertain you for a long time, take this one :) The expansion (Frozen Throne) is also very good so I'd recommend that one too.

Warcraft III is the best RTS, maybe a little old but it still looks pretty good, so if you want a great RTS that will entertain you for a long time, take this one :) The expansion (Frozen Throne) is also very good so I'd recommend that one too.

Tower deffence on lan (and prosumaly online) is great, and extremly adictive. :D

Sign in to follow this