NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mario114

New major franchise to be releaved at e3

Nintendo has talked a lot of attracting new gamers, so i'm affraid it would a game targeted to those non-gamers.

I'd like to see Pokemon made into a mmorpg, it could really work well.

Whatever new franchise Nintendo reveal to us, I'm sure it'll be just as good as their other franchises. They've never let me down yet : peace:

You know it could be something new and cool like Zelda. Or it could be something new and slightly less cool like Nintendogs. :p

I'm not so sure on the new Ip being an FPS, i know that metriod isnt a *true* fps, but they do have that, and i am not sure if i they would like to take the lime light away from it.

I expect the new IP will be available for launch (which in my eyes rules out a fps, as we will probably see a load of them from 3rd parties, along with Retro), look for something towards Nintendogs since the Big N are going crazy about trying to gather new gamers to thier system.

I think Stefkov is along the right lines, Nintendo have experience in RPG's, and Reggie has confirmed interest (a teaser?). Nintendodork (i am so glad u dont use that old forum distorting name anymore) also makes a good point with a mystery thriller. If Iwata tells Miyamoto he wants that genre on the Revolution then you can be as sure as hell that he will put as much effort in as he did in creating Mario!

I really think that it´s going to be a franchise targeted to the hardcore gamers, the non-gamers have the old franchises and the new controller, i want something new to play with my future controller. I´m thinking on a mmo combined with something entirely new... :indeed:

Apart from the new IP, the best bit to read for me was this

"Nintendo has shared over a thousand Revolution development kits with developers across the world"

That's what I like to hear. If they've sent out over 1000 dev kits, then there must be loads of games in development. I don't of course know how many kits they send per developer. i suppose it depends on how big a developer they are.

As regards to the new IP, Well I'm thinking it's going to be an existing genre, and it's something that is gong to make hardcore gamers, (especially Nintendoids) go wild. What it is, I wouldn't guess, but I would like an MMORPG or an FPS.

I think it's gonna be a really deep genre for the mature Nintendo fan.. maybe a crime thriller or mystery game.

I'm not sure if Miyamoto is capable of doing anything but making people smile.

Maybe something fresh that he's not involved in.

I'm pretty sure Miyamoto is involved. After all last E3 Iwata said he was pressuring Shiggy to make something new.

personaly i whould love if retro started raven blade and thunder rally backup they absolutly looked awsome on the gamecube to bad they where canceled early in it's life.

n-space is working on a few revolution titles im hoping also that they create some first person shooter titles geist was a decent first attempt but im sure they could improve on it epecialy with the revo controler.

Geist 2, however it's not really a new franchise, would be awesome. I started playing Geist a few months a go and it's a very nice game (a lot of reviews don't really think so). And the multiplayer is awesome, online possibilities would be very very nice.

on the zelda -rev controller issue, perhaps zelda:tp can use only the GC controller, that doesn't mean you won't be able to choose to use the revo controller to play z:tp.

Hello? Would all these people suggesting a new pokemon game or geist 2 or a rehash of an oldie READ THE TITLE. New franchise; new IP. Do you get it? Completely new... Stop posting twaddle people.

I agree with colormonkey. I bet it's a franchise aimed at Nintendo's so-called new market - the non-gamers. The same market Nintendogs is aimed at.

They've gone halfway to making the Revolution appeal to this market by revealing a non-threatening controller that anyone can pick up. To go the full distance, they will need to produce a game that will be easy to pick up and play and that doesn't have Mario's face splattered all over it.

A new era of gaming with a new very big franchise would be fantastic :smile:

After all, now they're outsourcing Metroid they have room to spare for classics, right?

new arse kicking franchise would be very nice.

i do like the idea of a MMORPG.

but any real time strategy would be good. this is the kind of game that can be really influenced by the new controller... so im thinking that this is more likely.

im also gonna point out that it doesnt necessarily have to be another mario title..;.. hopefully...

but if (as the news article suggests) it gets as big as zelda... well. we all have something to look forward to. bring on e3!

WoH - World of Hyrule. imagine being able to play all your favourite characters in the Zelda games, and joining together to defeat eViL forces bahahahah ^_^

sorry im a WoW addict :P

Wario Ware/Mario Party - Minigames

Mario/Luigi/Wario/PeachDonkey Kong - Platformers

Zelda/Fire Emblem/Mario RPG/Pokemon series - RPG

Mario Kart/F-Zero/1080/Excitebike/Wave Race - Racing

Wars Series/Pikmin - Strategy

Smash Bros - Fighting

Starfox - Space Shooter

Nintendogs - Virtual Pet

Animal Crossing - Adventure

NBA Courtside/Punch Out/Mario Tennis/Baseball/Football/Golf - Sports

Metroid Prime/Geist - FPS (With freehand control instead of the silly lock-on system I don't think you can really call this an FPA anymore, it may still have adventure elements but a lot of FPS games do - No One Lives Forever for example)

Then of course we may well see new iteratons of Earthbound/Kid Icarus on the platform which further fill up the adventure/rpg/platformer area.

Nintendo have every genre pretty well covered I'd think, what I'd like to see is certainly real licenses and likenesses acquired to make the likes of NBA Courtside and Punch Out as I think they could be pretty impressive that way. Perhaps make a more serious Tennis game as well Mario Tennis (Super Tennis 2?)

For that new license the main area's I can see need improvement are the FPS and 3rd Person Adventure Categories - A third person shooter or a real FPS game (I'm talking something that can hold a candle to Unreal Tournament, Half-Life and Halo). Failing that some sort of funny, point and click game in the style of the monkey island games. To be honest though I can't see Nintedo doing a great job of any unless they hand it to western developers.

I just hope the new franchise isn't another platformer - They have enough already. I think those suggesting it'll be a non-gamers game may just be right though :sad:

I think those suggesting it'll be a non-gamers game may just be right though :sad:

calling them "non-gamers" games is a bit cold, as if gamers would find no enjoyment outta nintendo's unique new titles. that's just not right, i find all the unique games for DS some of the best i'v ever played anywhere!

so why the long face? those sorts of games have been a blessing on the DS, having new ways to play etc. for example, i can't wait for pheonix wright and trauma centre. a brand new IP that brings in that kinda audience that nintendogs did, only this time right from the launch of the machine, to me that can only spell success :D

An mmo-rpg would be very cool, as long as the could make it free to play, and use the rev controller well-they would be on to a winner!

They need a proper racer.

They need a proper deep RPG, hopefully Square Enix can delivery.

They need mature dark games like the television we watch and love every week.

They need a cooking game!!

I'm just talking generally here though, Nintendo first party will have something far better than this. It will be something the other consoles can't have.

I'll be happy when any of my requests are filled.. I'm merely looking for a balanced console.

calling them "non-gamers" games is a bit cold, as if gamers would find no enjoyment outta nintendo's unique new titles. that's just not right, i find all the unique games for DS some of the best i'v ever played anywhere!

so why the long face? those sorts of games have been a blessing on the DS, having new ways to play etc. for example, i can't wait for pheonix wright and trauma centre. a brand new IP that brings in that kinda audience that nintendogs did, only this time right from the launch of the machine, to me that can only spell success :D

Because I'm not of the opinion that things like that will be as effective on a home system, much like puzzle games are far more effective as pick-up and play things you can use on the move. I'd rather see Nintendo work on incorporating their new controller with one of the genres that their current franchises don't cover effectively. Each to their own though.

They need a title, I find "non-gamer" to be quite acceptable, it's not derogetary. It's politically correct and represents a demographic of people who are "yet to play" and those who "used to play"

It is not for us to say what these people would or would not enjoy without evidence from polling on a mass scale of these people.

So that is irrelevant.

I'm totally with Jay here, On the go gaming delivers something different to Home gaming.. for me I love to play a bit of Meteos or Mario Kart.. or listen to some Electroplankton when I'm commuting.

But at home I would not consider any of them really.. I would want something deeper, relaxing and a longer experience. Of course on the weekends nothing wrong with a bit of Smash Bros. or Mario Kart..

Things like Meteos wont work on the Revolution however good the controller is. Things like Mario 64 will never truely be enjoyed on the go like in Mario 64 DS.

I think the idea of playing Resident evil on a DS is ridiculous, all the atmosphere, suspense that you get from playing in the dark with quality speaker and a large screen is lost.

It's not as the director intended so to speak.

I'm very worried about Final Fantasy 3 being ruined by the DS.. it looks so good but something like the sound could ruin it for me.

How about a Pirate game? Something like Skies of Arcadia but also like Galleon (even though I didn't play it.)

I don't know what I actually mean, but pirates are cool.

ZELDA MMORPG!

lol

They should make gamer/hardcore gamers games and non hardcore gamers games

Sign in to follow this