NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

PS3 price? Ouch....

Gamespot have another price estemate on the components. That comes to about $700 , and if they sell at $200 loss the price will be no bigger than $500

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144790.html

But will Sony follow exchange rates like MS did with the 360 or just switch the dollar sign for a pound one like they've always done.

But will Sony follow exchange rates like MS did with the 360 or just switch the dollar sign for a pound one like they've always done.

Sony will most likely sell it for £500 in Europe.. those bastards.

Sony will most likely sell it for £500 in Europe.. those bastards.

Wouldn't surprize me in the slightest.

lol people wont pay a fortune for a games console

How wrong you are, ever seen how much people pay on ebay for sold out consoles? most i've seen was £1000 for a PS2 on there, so people WILL pay a fortune for a games console.

How wrong you are, ever seen how much people pay on ebay for sold out consoles? most i've seen was £1000 for a PS2 on there, so people WILL pay a fortune for a games console.

That's different though, if somethings sold out and they're desperate enough some people will pay anything, but if there's loads sitting on a shelf at that price it's a different matter.

That's different though, if somethings sold out and they're desperate enough some people will pay anything, but if there's loads sitting on a shelf at that price it's a different matter.

Well Sony could pull a Microsoft and simply not make enough stock.

And it seems Sony are slowly starting to admit a delay may happen: http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/25/playstation-3-delay-meme-part-v-scej-and-afp/

Imagine, how much the PS3 will be if they don't meet demand.

360 off the shelf = £300

Ebay when sold out = £upto 700(ish)

PS3 off the shelf = £500

Ebay when sold out = £onemillion OMGZZZ!!

lol

I would never spend more than AROUND £250 on a console. That's one reason I'm glad Nintendo have gone for the cheaper option. I don't think there's any chance of me buying a PS3 really.

If they made a 'retard pack' that just played games and cut out all the multimedia tripe, id be the first in line for one.

If they made a 'retard pack' that just played games and cut out all the multimedia tripe, id be the first in line for one.

Indeed. Im sick of all this multimedia rubbish all i want is a GAMES console.

We were talking about this at work actually, the amount of DVD players you end up. I have one, one on my PC and one on my PS2. Someone else at work had seven in his house. Its a fun game, count how many DVD players you've accumulated.

Either Sony sells is at a lower price and loses a bucketload of money, or they sell it at 900 give or take and sales will be poor. PSP price was lower than expected in response to the DS price anouncement and because Sony knew people wouldn't pay that much money for a handheld. Still, they're losing money and it won't pay back like PS2 did because it's not selling that well. PS2 came out here with a 450€ (480$+- I suppose) and people still bought it though. The way I see it Sony are backing themselves into a corner. Their strategy is based on cocky and arrogant assumptions and clearly shows their leadership is weak. They are so bad financially, yet they advance with this lose/lose strategy that can only aggravate their condition. PS2 was the hardware underdog, yet it was a huge success, there was no need for PS3 to be such a powerhouse. Still my prediction for PS3 is 500/600 $, they wouldn't risk higher than that.

Yeah...I really wanna see how this plays out for Sony. I don't think it's a LOSE/LOSE strategy though, in that they lose A LOT. But more of a lose/LOSE situation. I actually think many Sony semi-gamers will be extremly put off by the price, meaning they'll actually drive off customers from videogames more-or-less altogether as these people wouldnt be see dead playing XBox or Nintendo.

Hopefully, if Nintendo do many, if not all the right things, they could sell a lot more Revos than Cubes and people that don't own Nintendo will actually see it as a fight between Sony, Nintendo & Microsoft; rather than just Sony & Microsoft.

Nintendo also have the 'secondary console' thing going on..

PS2, X-Box, 2 PCs, Lap-Top and 2 DVD players.

Wow. Seven!:laughing:

Yes, the ps3 will be expensive,

but it'll probebly end up in being the ultimate multimedia (and games :)) hardware. For those people that just wanna play games,

they can just buy the cheap Revolution! :yay:

PS3 is gonna marketed as a rival to a good pc... but for real media-capabilitys you need a mouse a keyboard a monitor, which stands close to your eyes, a good OS where you can exchange data between different progs and so on... otherwise the mediacapabilitys will end as a mobile-phone-video-mixer-alike... they need to get linux or x86-emulator to run and then it´s still running windsows-xp ;)

I think the complicated multimedia capabilties will scare people away. This is because it will be way to complicated for kids and stuff and for casual gamers.

I hate it when game companies do that, it drives me mad! :(

Sign in to follow this