NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DazDude

Sonic Riders

something puzzles me with what i've heard so far about this game,

I think the idea of the game is great and all but am puzzled about Sonic Team's tentative release date and the consoles that it will be on.

From what i gathered from ign's interview about the game i seem to recall it saying it's being released Winter 2006 on Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox.

is this a mistake on Sonic Team's behalf or are we due to see these 3 consoles or their software at least last till next christmas?

Thoughts/Comments on the game anyway :)

io reckon it's this year... looks like a fairly simple game so shouldn't be hard for them to make it quickly... and it looks like the sonic heroes engine which is alreayd on all three formats via renderware anyway.

I think it was confirmed for release this christmas and the game is about 70% complete anyway. So it'd be stupid for Sega to postpone it, espeacily with next-gen Sonic coming out sometime next year.

As for the game itself, I think it looks great - a sonic Racing game has been long overdue. I'm not sure about the new characters though, they look kinda odd. I just don't get Sonic Team's obession with adding new characters into every single Sonic game. Still, it should be good regardless.

Btw, after rumaging around Sonic forums I've found that the final character count will be 17 characters. 8 of those being the main ones who are:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Web

Wave

Storm

Robotnik/Eggman :lmao:

So it looks like you unlock the rest in story mode. Should be cool then.

Source: http://www.infoworld.nl/idgns/bericht.phtml?id=00256F6C005C22FC0025707A003B5B9F

As for the game itself, I think it looks great - a sonic Racing game has been long overdue

Acualy, there is Sonic R, which is exactly that.

sonic riders sounds and looks like so far to be like trickstyle on the dreamcast (good or bad thing? that i don't know)

I was very impressed by the video I saw a few days agto and think I might have to pick this game up, maybe I'll see when it gets released :eer:

sonic riders sounds and looks like so far to be like trickstyle on the dreamcast (good or bad thing? that i don't know)

That's what i thought when i first saw the images!

IMO this game should have had the characters on foot (as that is what sonics about), keeping the game much truer to the series; and the slower characters could have had vehicles.

You could have run around loops, run up and around the walls/ceilings of tunnels, sky-dived large drops, used bouncers across levels, used speed ramps etc...

To me the game seems a bit of an F-Zero rip-off in terms of graphics and course/level design.

The 'turbulence' thing has tried to be built up as though it's something unique to the game and its airboards, when in reality it's just a slip stream; nothing new there.

I dunno; why they are not on foot i just don't understand (it's such a missed opportunity!!).

I'll wait and see as to whether i get this or not.

dunno if i should get it or not... but sinc its 4 player i will

BUT

if the storyline, FMV and cutscen matchs up with other sonic storyling i will but if it doesnt I WONT buy it

and the characters aswell..

Acualy, there is Sonic R, which is exactly that.

Yup, indeed there is - but that was out years ago, with no Sonic racing game ever since. It's good to finally have a true sequel to Sonic R (well, sort of...)

another waste of game

people that wasn't impressed with sonic titles in 3d

now they won't even bother buying any sonic games

if this game adds up to sonic storyline, unlocks and characters i will get it

but if not...sorry sonic first time i hate you:D

if this game adds up to sonic storyline, unlocks and characters i will get it

Well, i heard that the story for Sonic Riders went something like this;

'Eggman has challenged sonic to a tournament/championship, where the prize is an Emerald (Master maybe; maybe he stole it is is giving Sonic a chance to get it back, who knows!) of some kind!'

Eggman also has his own team of airboarders in the tournament (obviously); who is guess may be the new characters (if they aren't new friends of Sonic)!'

That's a good of a story as your ever really going to get from a racing game! other the F-Zero GX's who's story mode went quite far for a racing game!

Of course there will be unlockables in the game,

don't know what you mean by wanting characters in the game! I think everyone knows what characters to expect in a sonic game!

i am not talking of that kind of storyline:(

i mean if the fmv and storyline accutally relates to the other sonic games

i am not talking of that kind of storyline:(

i mean if the fmv and storyline accutally relates to the other sonic games

WHAT??

You want to know if the story relates to other Sonic games, yeah?

Well i just told you it!!

I KNOW WHAT THE DAMN STORYLINE IS!

i mean if it relates to other sonic games or anything? shadown? chaos? ect:D

io reckon it's this year... looks like a fairly simple game so shouldn't be hard for them to make it quickly... and it looks like the sonic heroes engine which is alreayd on all three formats via renderware anyway.

It's a new engine, see the link in this thread. Also, they have been working for one and a half year already, so it's not quick to make. People tend to forget how much work there is behind a game.

I KNOW WHAT THE DAMN STORYLINE IS!

i mean if it relates to other sonic games or anything? shadown? chaos? ect:D

Well seeing as you know the storyline, why can't you work out that it does not relate to other Sonic games??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a tournament for an Emerald! Does that sound to you like it's going to go into depth about Shadow, Chaos etc...?

It's a racing game!

where the hell do you people get this fake info from?

Firstly someone posted, the new sonic will be called Sonic Begins (LOL)

Second,sonic riders have been working on the game for about a year and release this xmas

hmmm, you all need to get your factes staright!

Okay, I got the Christmas bit wrong...But they have been working on it for that long, I read it in an interview (can't remember where though)

And btw, maybe you need to learn how to spell :p

sorry, this is my style

by the way. are you trying to diss me? if you are, you need to come up with something better

and for your information.. you don't start blabbing your mouth about other peoples grammar

are you trying to diss me? if you are, you need to come up with something better

and for your information.. you don't start blabbing your mouth about other peoples grammar

Lighten up!

(plenty of people joke about grammar etc.. on here!)

Sign in to follow this