NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domo Kun

Internet acronyms/slang that you hate

Personally, I can't stand the <3 thing.

I quite like 'rofl' and 'omg' in a kitsch way. In the same way that I like talking skeletons, Storm Troopers and The Adams Family.

So, what internet slag makes you cringe?

KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

You've got to be joking!? That's probably my favorite word ever! I don't just use it as internet slag, I use it in real life because I'm a complete wapanese moron loser.

Oh the irony. This topic has turned against me. I am being defeated by what I have created!

Awww, I kinda like <3. Though I think I never use it myself, just like it when people use it to me or something.

One thing I really hate and always have is "lol". I just can't see how people can use that thing; I mean, I've seen people use it at the end of every sentence they wrote.

"I went to school today and got a lot of homework lololol"

... I don't get it. They usually type worse than that too. But yeah, I just hate that thing... a lot.

Some people I know from here use it, but I really don't like "kk". Just k or OK plz :P

Here in portugal there's a trend of replacing everything with x, it's so freaking annoying.I would exemplify, but you wouldn't understand.

KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

No way! That's not even Internet slang - it's a proper Japanese word (It means cute if I remember correctly) and I like it! :)

Awww, I kinda like <3. Though I think I never use it myself, just like it when people use it to me or something.

One thing I really hate and always have is "lol". I just can't see how people can use that thing; I mean, I've seen people use it at the end of every sentence they wrote.

"I went to school today and got a lot of homework lololol"

... I don't get it. They usually type worse than that too. But yeah, I just hate that thing... a lot.

Oh too right! It's annoying enough when people use it to explain that they've actually just laughed out loud, but when people use it in a 'Hey how are you lol' 'I'm fine thanks lol' context... God, my blood boils.

No way! That's not even Internet slang - it's a proper Japanese word (It means cute if I remember correctly) and I like it!

Yep! I use it all the time when I go shopping. e.g. 'That's a kawaai top.'

O RLY?

lol (unless it's said in a 'LOLZORDZ' pisstake way)

<3 and <333333333

n_n and T_T - reminds me of that guy off here who used to use it every time he posted... *name escapes me* I think it was Ray Falling. Or something.

PWNED and all variations - Just.... why??

I like using text speak to take the piss out of people or for jokes. I sometimes use anime emoticons... although not on a ray falling proportion. <3 is fun, ftw is great... apart from that i hardly ever use acronyms.

EDIT: all must agree with Eenuh... shes hot. That is all :heh:

Oh too right! It's annoying enough when people use it to explain that they've actually just laughed out loud, but when people use it in a 'Hey how are you lol' 'I'm fine thanks lol' context... God, my blood boils.

I agree. Sometimes I wonder whether these people are just easily amused and really are sat at their computers rolling around in hysterics at every sentence they read.

EDIT: all must agree with Eenuh... shes hot. That is all :heh:

Yes indeed, I am. I mean... erm...

<3 Jordan!

There are many I dislike.

But the most annoying of all is when guys use "lol". I don´t know why but it get´s on my nerves.

Especially when it appears several times right in the middle of a sentence.

Almost fucking all of them! The only ones I don't mind are ones which are just abbreviations of normal speak e.g. IMO. And FTW aswell, for some reason. I dislike all others.

4ny0n3 wh0 t41k5 l1k3 D15 C05 1t'5 1337!!!1!!!11!!!!

Just type like a normal person you moron!!! argh :mad:

Also people who I talk to on msn are starting to put Z0r at the end of everything. It starts off from online gaming (haxz0r, pwnz0r etc) and now people are using it when they're just talkingz0r. Makes my skin crawl.

My brother actually yells LOL when he finds something funny. It's like it has replaced his real laughter, it's really scary.

My brother actually yells LOL when he finds something funny. It's like it has replaced his real laughter, it's really scary.

You're kidding right?

You need to hit him with a pair of these:

romanbrick.jpg

<3 Eenuh, weee.

It depends where the acronym is used. For example lol in online games is just a quick way to say something is funny. But using it in IM or a forum all the time is just stupid.

Well, i do sue lol, but only on the pc, i don't like lmao or rofl.

I have no idea how O RLY started i just know it's some owl that says O RLY or something.

I hate <3 dunno why, just do tbh.

Oh yea, i use tbh a lot now. and imo..

In real life i have started saying "Pwn" and calling people n00bs too...

I'm not too keen on most internet acronyms. It's not as if any of us live such busy lives that we haven't the time to type the phrases in their entirety. I do like <3 though, when it is not overused.

On a slightly related note, am I the only who cannot tolerate the MSN/Windows messenger emoticons? Text smilies FTW, as they say.

I don't mind <3, as it has some form of meaning:

O rly? Piece of shit, It's sad the owl in question has died but I bet it took its own life because of what had happened to his image.

Plocks/Plox. I really don't see the need.

People saying Ecks Dee instead of XD, no need.

Twats who not only put 1 on the end of a strain of exclamation marks, but also have the prickery to add "one one eleventy one!" or words to that effect. It's not fucking funny nor witty.

I have a friend he calls people noobs, i think he plays to much cs:s. To be honest with you, i don't even know what half of the above stand for.

I say noob and lol and pwn in real life as a joke though ... when im like mucking round with friends and stuff, we love pure pwange!

The guy in pure pwange said LOL outloud... that was LOL.

Sign in to follow this