NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KKOB

guild wars vs city of . . vs WOW

so i was tumbling through gamestation today and just wondered which of the above online mmorpg's is everyone favorite?

i know that WOW is the most popular but lets have a proper qualitative discussion on the core game play in each instance.

I've only played WoW, and am more than happy with that. So sorry, that's of no use at all.

ive only played guild wars and i love it. theres a lot to do but no doubt in the others theres more than likely even more to do. the only difference i know is that OW is pay guild wars is not, i have no clue about city of..

I have only plaid guild wars from the above list, it's good fun and best of all no monthly charge.

Whilst not massively multiplayer (the maximum amount of people allowed in a game was 8), Diablo 2 remains to this day my favourite (and most played) RPG.

i think city of heroes is more fun and social than WOW from the off but i just got guild wars so am intent on seeing if the lack of subscription actually makes the game worse (as in lack of content etc)

I've played LineAge2 and Ragnarok Online, and althought Lineage is a very beautifull game I prefer RO because of its style and simplicity.

I have only plaid guild wars from the above list, it's good fun and best of all no monthly charge.

No fee you say? Looks like it's time for me to buy Guild Wars.

I love City of Heroes and Villains, play them all the time.

Guild wars seems fun, although it's more complex and time-consuming, and people are mean.

Haven't tried WoW.

How does City of Heroes/Villains play? Are their lots of stats or is it quite simplified (official site not bery helpful). I'm planning on diving into a good MMORPG soon, and it's either this or EVE Online cause I love spaceships. Big, lazer spitting bad-ass hulks of doom especially. Complicated game system, but I'll live.

City of Heroes/Villains is really simple...they've done their best to keep it casual player-friendly, so there are virtually no stats to follow or anything like that. Very combat orientated game, but the combat system is absolutely fantastic. And you can't beat the costume designer. :D

Sounds good. I like games with simple interfaces - I feel like I'm free just to enjoy the enviroment then. Maybe I'll have a little of both.

Sign in to follow this