NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Microsoft's Peter Moore praises Nintendo's Revolution controller

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11651

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz at the Tokyo Games Show, Xbox VP Peter Moore has praised Nintendo's "innovation with the new [Revolution] controller", and reiterated the need for the industry to grow into new markets.

"I want to give kudos for Nintendo for its attempt at innovation with the new controller," Moore commented, saying that the new device would -"bring people in that, as Iwata-san said, are either lapsed gamers or gamers that are intimidated by the complexity of the controller."

"We need to grow as an industry," he concluded. "Having a simplified controller is one tactic in what is a larger strategic battle we need to face to grow this business."

• Like 1

I do think Microsoft care a lot more about gaming than Sony.

"I never said the PS3 was a games console" Playstation "guru" Ken Ku... (can't spell his last name)

"Games are kids stuff" -- he said something on the lines of that anyway.

:blink:

Reading this I can see that Microsoft are very serious about this industry and want it to grow -- Xbox live is proof of that.

I wasnt annoyed by Microsoft entering the console business because theyve had games on PC for ages. When Sony dived in i was annoyed because they had no right to be there. They had nothing to to with gaming or even non video games. Countdown to Microsoft bidding to buy Nintendo again starts now.....

Sounds like an attempt to gain the higher ground if I ever saw it. We all know that they have a huge rivalry woth Nintendo and Sony, saying things like this is just patronising..

Sounds like an attempt to gain the higher ground if I ever saw it. We all know that they have a huge rivalry woth Nintendo and Sony, saying things like this is just patronising..

Hmmm you could say that...

Well he's not going to dis it, otherwise it’d make Microsoft look silly when they copy the idea for the X-Box 720. :wink:

Well he's not going to dis it, otherwise it’d make Microsoft look silly when they copy the idea for the X-Box 720. :wink:

please dont try and attempt to be funny again

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would microst buying out ninty be such a bad thing, i mean the power hungry aplication stuff from microfoft, and all the ninty greatness.

Well he's not going to dis it, otherwise it’d make Microsoft look silly when they copy the idea for the X-Box 720.
[ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"slaps dabookerman"

please dont try and attempt to be funny again

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or are some people on this forum a little too easily wound up. :indeed:

That's a very good answer. It doesn't bury Nintendo with crap as Sony did with the DS but he points out he thinks Nintendo is aiming at other markets and are no real competition. Good one.

Is it just me, or are some people on this forum a little too easily wound up. :indeed:

heh, i guess people do lose their sense of humour sometimes eh

• Like 1

Would microst buying out ninty be such a bad thing, i mean the power hungry aplication stuff from microfoft, and all the ninty greatness.

Nintendo is a family business. Microsoft has already tried buying it before but was rejected.

I think quite a few Microsoft big guys like Nintendo, but J Allard (XBox Creator) is a dickhead that think's he's cool and hard etc etc...but he's just a c**t

This isn't Microsoft admiting that they were wrong. They still don't consider Nintendo a threat, so are perfectly willing to complement their efforts. The only time it'll change is if Nintendo start wooping their ass.

Hard to see really what he's trying to do...Microsoft's said that they don't consider Nintendo key competition this upcoming generation because they're 'niche'.

This could be his way of saying that 'Microsoft underestimated Nintendo'. He could be trying to flatter them so Gates can propose another buyout. He could even be saying 'lets not fight, we can team up on Sony'. or he could be just trying to draw more attention to the 360 in Japan by commenting on the biggest news there.

Welcome to the Hall of Fame!

He could even be saying 'lets not fight, we can team up on Sony'.

Lmfao! :lmao: Nintendo and Microsoft...tag team partners, eh? :wink:

Lmfao! :lmao: Nintendo and Microsoft...tag team partners, eh? :wink:

Advance Wars Dual Strike Tag Power! Yeah!!!!!!!!*plays mp3**

I was initially surprised at his comments. Imagine if the Ferrari team started saying what a great car the Porsche was. Or if Sainsbury's publicly complimented Tesco's low prices.

Nintendo are attempting to widen the videogame audience with a simplified controller. This will bring more money into the videogame industry in general. People who wouldn't normally think of buying a console may now be tempted. And if they're tempted by the Revolution, then they're one step closer to buying an XBOX 360 or PS3.

So its really in everyone's interests to increase the size of the gaming market and there's still plenty of room for growth. That is why I think he's so positive. Though it's still surprising nonetheless!

I do think Microsoft care a lot more about gaming than Sony..

This is what the smart businesses want people to think. Nintendo is built around caring about games, and that works for me. Microsoft and Sony can hardly slag off the controller as it's flawless (and it is) so the best they can do is look to side with the gob smacked gamers to try and muscle in on some of the attention. To go into a war against Nintendo now when XBox is out soon would be stupid, they can't slag off a controller and claim it to be a gimmic when it is clearly going to change the industry as we know it. The best they can do is "give it kudos" and move on.

It also helps them build respect amongst gamers, which they need now desperately.

This is what the smart businesses want people to think. Nintendo is built around caring about games, and that works for me. Microsoft and Sony can hardly slag off the controller as it's flawless (and it is) so the best they can do is look to side with the gob smacked gamers to try and muscle in on some of the attention. To go into a war against Nintendo now when XBox is out soon would be stupid, they can't slag off a controller and claim it to be a gimmic when it is clearly going to change the industry as we know it. The best they can do is "give it kudos" and move on.

It also helps them build respect amongst gamers, which they need now desperately.

Yep, I totally agree with you. Microsoft were totally overshadowed at TGS, and the only way they're going to take attention away from the controller, is by (ironically) talking about it. If that makes sense?

Yep, I totally agree with you. Microsoft were totally overshadowed at TGS, and the only way they're going to take attention away from the controller, is by (ironically) talking about it. If that makes sense?

Indeed, the controller has had a lot of positive feedback since it was first unveiled, it just wouldn't work for Peter Moore or Microsoft to denounce it at this point.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this