NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Microsoft's Peter Moore praises Nintendo's Revolution controller

Ermm.......

No.

Seconded. Athriller, it doesn't exactly change the gaming experience much from this gen, does it. Okay, better graphics, improved Xbox Live etc. and i'm not denying the console will be great because i'm looking forward to it as its bound to have some excellent games, but you said it will offer a much different experience. when clearly it doesn't. The Rev will, because, well the controller speaks for itself, and the PS3 will offer a much different experience to this gen too, because of the insane graphic power, but still not as different to REV. PS3 and REV are ultimately changing the way we play games, whereas 360 isn't doing that, but still offering what looks to be a fantastic console with plenty of third party support.

Before jumping to assumption fellas, look around ambiguity.

Will the Xbox 360 offer a new gaming experience? No.

Will the Xbox 360 offer a different gaming experience? Yes.

Dare you deny that the xbox 360 and Revolution take 2 completely different approaches?

Seconded. Athriller, it doesn't exactly change the gaming experience much from this gen, does it. Okay, better graphics, improved Xbox Live etc. and i'm not denying the console will be great because i'm looking forward to it as its bound to have some excellent games, but you said it will offer a much different experience. when clearly it doesn't. The Rev will, because, well the controller speaks for itself, and the PS3 will offer a much different experience to this gen too, because of the insane graphic power, but still not as different to REV. PS3 and REV are ultimately changing the way we play games, whereas 360 isn't doing that, but still offering what looks to be a fantastic console with plenty of third party support.

PS3 = Better Graphic power = Revolution

X360 = Better Graphic power = No revolution

That's what I got from that post.

Plus, how can a hugely successful online playing console not be changing the way we play games? Microsoft led the charge on that front.

Before jumping to assumption fellas, look around ambiguity.

Will the Xbox 360 offer a new gaming experience? No.

Will the Xbox 360 offer a different gaming experience? Yes.

Dare you deny that the xbox 360 and Revolution take 2 completely different approaches?

Oh sorry I miss understood you :eer:

Oh well got my opinion across :heh:

PS3 = Better Graphic power = Revolution

X360 = Better Graphic power = No revolution

That's what I got from that post.

No, its just that the 360 graphics are barely a MASSIVE step from this gen whereas PS3 are, thus making games look so different they will change the way we play.

By the way, i'm not a new Choze defending the PS3 and such, in fact, many will know what a huge hater of sony I am and refuse to buy their consoles. I'm getting a 360+ a Revolution too, so no i'm not saying REV+PS3 RULEZORZ!!11 360 T3H SUXXORS!LOL!!111

I hate that people jump to conclusions about consoles though. People are like: "I SO can't wait fo the PS3, it's gonna be great cos it's got cool graphics".

Don't the graphics get better EVERY GENERATION!? And they don't even know anything about any of the consoles really. It's so annoying!! :aww:

I'm sorry.. I don't see how Sony increasing graphical power is going to change the way we play games. You've said that Microsofts graphics increase doesn't change the way we play... how is Sony doing that? Please don't just say by increasing it by a great deal more because that wont change how we play at all, just what we see.

And why, pray, do we need to change the way we play games? The current template works fine, doesn't it? That's what you used to think, right? Alternatives are welcome -- Donkey Konga, Guitar Heroes, Eyetoy; all brilliant -- but there's no need to replace something that works. That's marketing spiel. That's what Iwata told you. The GameCube's controller is fairly generic, yet there were no complaints before E3 2004. The Game Boy's interface is most certainly generic, yet there were no complaints before E3 2004. Nintendo are evil, kids, and they know how to get into your head.

Nintendo hates you. And probably your parents, too.

Aesthetics are a fundamental part of the gameplay experience, and undeniably heighten the impact of that experience. The same goes for advances in specification. Graphics *are* gameplay; they're as important as non-chuck add-ons, collecting shines or grabbing the boss key. Metroid Prime would not have been the same game without its pretty pictures. Stick that tag on every single Nintendo game you've ever played.

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 don't need a new controller interface to innovate, or create new or better game experiences.

in·no·va·tion (ĭn'ə-vā'shən) pronunciation

n.

1. The act of introducing something new.

2. Something newly introduced.

15,000 trolls on screen, at one time, seems pretty new to me.

No, its just that the 360 graphics are barely a MASSIVE step from this gen whereas PS3 are, thus making games look so different they will change the way we play.

Isn't it a bit early to make such judgements?

Wait until we've got a few finished games for each console at least eh?

15,000 trolls on screen, at one time, seems pretty new to me.

15, 000 trolls, 100 pikmin. In realtime game terms that number isn't going to equate to a transformation in gaming.

I don't see anything wrong with controllers, but I have noticed a trend in the games I play. I play less. My first console was Gamegear, I then entered into home console gaming with N64, then Playstation, Dreamcast, PS2 and Gamecube. I've bought around 8 games for my Cube and the same for PS2. That's a limited number in comparison to the previous generations when I bought a game almost every week because they offered something new. Gaming seems to have reached a plateau with few peaks of excitement to stand out. Something needs to change, whether its a controller or the way in which games are made.

The Revolution controller makes me excited about the possibilities. I haven't felt that since N64 and DS. Revolution is this feeling but more so. It's what I've always wanted from a console. Maybe not for you, but it's more than marketing spiel.

Sign in to follow this