NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Microsoft's Peter Moore praises Nintendo's Revolution controller

Well I guess now Nintendo are not a direct threat to the Microsoft and the Xbox 360 sue to their different approaches in the next gen war. The guy is right though, Nintendo are taking a brave step that's needed to keep the industry fresh.

Well I guess now Nintendo are not a direct threat to the Microsoft and the Xbox 360 sue to their different approaches in the next gen war.

Nintendo are more of a threat to XBox 360 now, they just stole the wind out of the launch and made the console look outdated.

Nintendo are more of a threat to XBox 360 now, they just stole the wind out of the launch and made the console look outdated.

Are you saying that the unveiling of this controller has 'taken the wind' out of the X360 launch? And made it look outdated?

• Like 1

And with online support for free they also challenge them in the online gaming sector.

Ever since they talked about Nintendo as a niche player (and talking about it all the time) I had the impression they were afraid that Nintendo could regain a lot more market share and put MS back in 3rd place.

But I must say reacting positively to Nintendo's controller increased my respect towards MS.

HAHAHA!!!!

Although its nice to here praise, its really FUNNY to see lots of you guys suddenly saying "Awww, yeah I like Microsoft, they're not as nasty as Sony.."

LoL. Funny Stuff.

Are you saying that the unveiling of this controller has 'taken the wind' out of the X360 launch? And made it look outdated?

Will it doesn't take a great deal of thunder away from my purchase... Although I may sound like an avid nintendo fan buy most of the time I've got an xbox 360 fund, and I'm getting one at lauch.

However in Japan, Nintendo have clearly hurt both Microsoft and Sony... Microsoft are already in a bad persision in Japan, and nintendo seem to have made it wose. Sony still do amazingly well, but they to were overshadowed by not games, not specs, but a simple controller.

The point I'm trying to make is, if a simple controller can overshadow it's rivals, the imagine what the games, online functions and specs could do... Of course they're is a chance all the gaes will be bad, but I doupt it.

The point I'm trying to make is, if a simple controller can overshadow it's rivals, the imagine what the games, online functions and specs could do...

Definitely. I am saying it has stolen the thunder out of XBox 360's launch yes, as I think I originally said :) XBox 360 is very much an upgrade of XBox and nothing more. More powerful games? Check. Better online? Check. Anything else? No. Nintendo's console does all of this and then some.

The fact that both Nintendo and Sony, the two veterans, have their consoles out next year creates a wall against XBox. Sony's is the more powerful followup to the most successful console of this generation with more support, Nintendo is the classic gaming console promising a brand new experience never used before in a mass market product - anywhere. Invest now or wait 6 months for one of two machines which either way are going to be superior?

I know what I'm waiting for. My PS2 and Gamecube still have life left in them, I can wait for the upgrade. And on a personal note, I am bored of the same old games. I never play fighters anymore because they're all just upgrades of the same thing released 10 years ago. The same is true of many games. So personally Revolution is my top console with PS3 the sure fire winner if I decide I want another experience on top. I don't think I will though once I get a Revolution DVD component.

Of course they're is a chance all the gaes will be bad, but I doupt it

I don't think there can be any doubt. Nintendo have never failed to consistently release top rate games. All of their energies are concentrated on Revolution, more so than any of their consoles before. Plus it's going to be fun to develop for. Fun and skill make for a great combination.

No bodies even gone into the online side in detail. Now we can virtual bitch slap people the world over.

Definitely. I am saying it has stolen the thunder out of XBox 360's launch yes, as I think I originally said :) XBox 360 is very much an upgrade of XBox and nothing more. More powerful games? Check. Better online? Check. Anything else? No. Nintendo's console does all of this and then some.

I could argue with this but I get the feeling it would be like trying to teach a trout the offside rule.

I could argue with this but I get the feeling it would be like trying to teach a trout the offside rule.

Please don't feel I'm arguing, I understand these are only my views and I really do welcome other people's ideas. Perhaps I should approach my posts in a different way in future, I am not saying my ideas are definitely going to happen. It's the gaming environment as I see it. I'm not slating the XBox 360 either, I should have mentioned that I think it is a vastly competent system offering great games. I just can't see it being that much of an improvement over the PS2/original XBox to entice enough people into buying it when there are two other consoles on the way. I could be completely wrong, Microsoft may have it spot on with Sony and Nintendo missing the boat by being late and offering a wacked out controller that makes sense to noone.

I understand what you mean. For me the revolution is as unique as the DS, it can't be compared to the PSP IMO. The revolution can't really compete with microsoft in the same way, sure they're competing for the same market, but like the PSP and DS one is taking the graphics route, and the other is taking the new gameplay route.

I mean I've noticed most people are getting both a revolution and another console. I gues the main reason why is because you can't play revolution games on a PS3 and xbox360 and vice versa.

If Nintendo had released gamecube2 they would have failed.

So they are doing alot of good things now with revolution.

With the new controller unvield Sony and MS should se they have more to fear than they tought.

Definitely. I am saying it has stolen the thunder out of XBox 360's launch yes, as I think I originally said :) XBox 360 is very much an upgrade of XBox and nothing more.

And to many people, that's not a bad thing.

More powerful games? Check. Better online? Check. Anything else? No. Nintendo's console does all of this and then some.

Did you care to think that not everybody wanted 'some'? Not to say I'm not excited about the Revolution, but I'm perfectly happy with gaming as it stands.

The fact that both Nintendo and Sony, the two veterans, have their consoles out next year creates a wall against XBox. Sony's is the more powerful followup to the most successful console of this generation with more support, Nintendo is the classic gaming console promising a brand new experience never used before in a mass market product - anywhere. Invest now or wait 6 months for one of two machines which either way are going to be superior?

What happenned to every Nintendo fan's philosopy, it's all about the games?

It'll all be good.

And with online support for free they also challenge them in the online gaming sector.

I take it you've given this online gaming for free a try then.

How is it?

And to many people, that's not a bad thing.

Did you care to think that not everybody wanted 'some'? Not to say I'm not excited about the Revolution, but I'm perfectly happy with gaming as it stands.

What happenned to every Nintendo fan's philosopy, it's all about the games?

It'll all be good.

That to me is like saying 'i'm perfectly happy getting payed 200k a year, so i dont really want it increased to 400k'

I take it you've given this online gaming for free a try then.

How is it?

Yeah you're right I shouldn't judge it before being able to try it out but I imagine it's pretty similar to free online support on the PC and I rather have a bit of lag sometimes than have to pay for playing online.

i.e. SSB is best in four player mode but if the online mode wasn't free I'd rather fight the AI.

Absolutely. Forget intelligent discussion and bring on the insults! That's just the breath of fresh air the Internet needs. :bah:

Refreshing, innovative game experiences and graphic fidelity are not mutually exclusive.

That to me is like saying 'i'm perfectly happy getting payed 200k a year, so i dont really want it increased to 400k'

Not really, it's all circumstancial. The Xbox 360 will offer a much different experience.

I'd rather take the 200k than the 400 if it's a job I enjoy a lot more.

Sign in to follow this