NEurope
zatoichi

Retro games you've been playing lately

This was the most popular thread on the cube-europe retro board, so I thought I'd recreate it in all its glory for the new forums, much like I did back at c-e. So to start us all off (again), I'll go first.

I've been playing loads of Super Mario Kart recently. Such a great game. Also played some Streets of Rage and some Contra.

Isn't retro the best?

MicroMachines Turbo Tournament 96 and Street Fighter 2. Both on the Sega Megadrive. Great multiplayer stuff!

I play on F-Zero X quite often,

Complete OOT every now and again,

also Mario Tennis and the occasional level on Goldeneye!

MicroMachines Turbo Tournament 96 a

Was that the one where you could plug 2 controllers into the cartridge and have four player fun? If so, what a game!

Bought Blast Corps cheap the other day.

Bloody tough. Pulled out at least two thirds of my hair.

Just got an atari lynx with 4 games, been trying that out, i also got a comple super probotector real cheap im going to play that real soon.

Bought Blast Corps cheap the other day.

Bloody tough. Pulled out at least two thirds of my hair.

I've got fond memories of Blast Corps, but not of the difficulty level in places! Have you played the mission "Diamond Sands" yet?

Did anyone notice those games are rockhard?! I started gaming on the NES and back then, finishing a game was a real challenge. Just play Isolated Warrior, Rygar or Turtles and you know what I mean...

Playing right now:

-Castlevania 'Legacy of Darkness' on N64

-Mario allstars/Super Mario world on SNES

-Isolated Warrior on NES

Was that the one where you could plug 2 controllers into the cartridge and have four player fun? If so, what a game!

That's the one. :)

It's actually a really cool idea, having the controller ports on the cartridge itself. No need to buy a multitap. :)

I had a little "games-fest" with 2 other mates not so long ago, and we played this. It's really addictive, and it's simple. And, most importantly, it's stupidly fun. :heh:

..I've been playing 1080 Snowboarding on the N64 (one of my favourite games ever..) and Michael Owen's World League Soccer 2000.. and Lylat Wars (another one of my all-time favourites..)

I've got fond memories of Blast Corps, but not of the difficulty level in places! Have you played the mission "Diamond Sands" yet?

What about oyster harbour? thats the most killer. Yet i beat this game years ago on a few days rental and now that i own it im having truobles.

What about oyster harbour? thats the most killer. Yet i beat this game years ago on a few days rental and now that i own it im having truobles.

Oyster Harbour, was that the one you had to use the cranes with TNT and then push huge blocks around into holes in the ground? I think it's that one, that was indeed nasty!

thats the one, i was last stuck at destroying the final mammoth building. Ah well back to it eventually.

Last couple of days I've been addicted to Comix Zone and Sonic Spinball. These were among my favourit Megadrive games of all times.

Also, been pkaying Alex kid in wonderland. It's been ages since I have played it. (rock, paper, scissors anyone?)

Oh and before my Amega decided to pack in the other day i had been replaying the likes of;

Rick Dangerous,

Squeek,

New Zealand Story,

Rainbow Island,

Rock and Roll,

Live and Let Die,

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles,

All these years on and some of them were still giving me trouble, though i did get a lot further on Rick Dangerous than i did when i was 6 or something!

• Like 1

I've been playing Grandia on a PS1 emulator lately; it's utterly incredible! :woops:

Sorry if I acted like a prick earlier, it was my 18th birthday so don't hate me!!

I got some sleep so I can type now. :)

That's the one. :)

It's actually a really cool idea, having the controller ports on the cartridge itself. No need to buy a multitap. :)

I had a little "games-fest" with 2 other mates not so long ago, and we played this. It's really addictive, and it's simple. And, most importantly, it's stupidly fun. :heh:

Cool! I used to have it when I had my Megadrive but I sold that years ago :doh: . Bloody loved Micro Machines. Used to be a right laugh with a few mates!

Cool! I used to have it when I had my Megadrive but I sold that years ago :doh: . Bloody loved Micro Machines. Used to be a right laugh with a few mates!

It's a fantastic game. I don't see why codemasters haven't done a next gen version of it, with some outrageous tracks. Now, racing games are all about graphics and traction or leaning into corners. This, and mario kart, are the last of the fantasy racers, imo.

I play Tetris alot. ALOT of the time.

(hums music A)

Edit: Arggggh! I just missed a new highscore. I got 96 lines, while my record is 99. 25750 points was good though.

Oh and before my Amega decided to pack in the other day i had been replaying the likes of;

Rick Dangerous,

Squeek,

New Zealand Story,

Rainbow Island,

Rock and Roll,

Live and Let Die,

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles,

All these years on and some of them were still giving me trouble, though i did get a lot further on Rick Dangerous than i did when i was 6 or something!

Nice to find another Amiga fan :) New Zealand Story is one of my favourite games! You must buy the Taito collection when its released at the end of the month (although Im pretty sure the NZS on there is the inferior Megadrive version).

Im still struggling my way through Flight of the Amazon Queen and Beneath a Steel Sky courtesy of ScummVM-PSP. Go go point-and-clicks!

________

TLR200

Edited by Johelian

Now I'm playing Super Mario Land on GameBoy. I lost it but bought it again on eBay. It was my first Nintendo game, and it'll always have a place in my heart. And soon I'll have a SNES with Donkey Kong Country.