NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

surprise surprise, a rumour in the rev board (specs)

yes, the controller has been revealed, that leaves what? 70% of shit we still dont know about the rev. ok, heres some specs, are they feasible for a machine that would generate profit and cost £200 or under?

The Revolution's specs are floating around on the gamespot boards at the moment, these are by no means confirmed.

GPU : 1 IBM Custom PowerPC 2.5 GHz with 256 KB L1 cache and 1 MB of L2 cache (an L3 cache is rumored). It’s Dual Threaded

* 13 billion dot product operations per second

* ATI Custom based RN520 core. The "N" stands for Nintendo, and is because the ArtX team is with them, that is why it’s an "N".

* GPU core at 600 MHz. Will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, HD support is still being decided. Will have 256 MB’s of 1T-SRAM (the RAM is much better due to some tweaking, compared to GC’s RAM. The latency and Cells are much more efficient and faster. Around 1.2 ns is the latency, on average).

* 32 parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines.

* Polygon Performance: 500 million triangles per second theoretical, average in game would be around <100 Million/sec>

* Shader Performance: ~50 billion shader operations per second

memory : 512 MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM

Other bits and pieces : Revolution will support a PPU chip (Physical Processing Chip).

* There will be 32 MB’s of its own RAM, which will link to the CPU and GPU and the Controller.

* There will also be a separate sound card that will support only DD 5.1 – DTS 7.1, rumors has it will have 16 MB’s, like the Cube DSP

• Like 1

well from what i can gather they aint too bad. altho i aint the expert. the ppu card means that handling a game like half life 2 will be a breeze. but then, it does seem abit too expensive, so i could be wrong

Yeah so how good/bad is that exactly?

In comparison with GC and also PS3/360

Those are good specs, but you can't really tell how good it is. Look at the specs for the Xbox and GC then look at the graphical difference. There's not much difference in graphics but a massive difference in the specs.

Those are good specs, but you can't really tell how good it is. Look at the specs for the Xbox and GC then look at the graphical difference. There's not much difference in graphics but a massive difference in the specs.

Specs can be very misleading, imo. Besides, i'm not very good with numbers or technical readouts, so they mean bugger all to me. :heh:

We need sir Offerman.

That can't be right; that's faster than the Xbox 360!! The caching is like double the speed! I bloody hope that's true!

With Nintendo's work on the affordable but formidable GameCube it wouldn't surprise me too much if this were true.

Booker, where did you find these? You said floating around at the gamespot boards, but do they have a link?

o_O

Yes you did. :hmm:

First post:

"The Revolution's specs are floating around on the gamespot boards at the moment, these are by no means confirmed."

* There will also be a separate sound card that will support only DD 5.1 – DTS 7.1, rumors has it will have 16 MB’s, like the Cube DSP

I’d be very surprised if DTS 7.1 makes it in to the final specs.

If so I’ll have to get a couple more speakers! :wink:

• Like 1

o_O

Yes you did. :hmm:

First post:

"The Revolution's specs are floating around on the gamespot boards at the moment, these are by no means confirmed."

go to the bloody first link, it says it at the bottom. you you poo poo admin

go to the bloody first link, it says it at the bottom. you you poo poo admin

What the hell? :heh:

You said : "The Revolution's specs are floating around on the gamespot boards at the moment, these are by no means confirmed."

I said: "Do they have a link" Or did they just come up with the specs out of thin air? :heh:

And you said: "i said no such thing". Implying that you never said you got these off gamespot. o_O

I woulnd't mind paying some extra cash if this means more power 0_0

if Cube was more expensive I'd still have bought it n_~

What do these people base these rumours on anyway?

the dude han solo works for factor 5 apparently, he posted up the specs, and because he did the same with xb360 and got it right, people think the same with this one. i would be suprised if its true tho

That doesn't mean alot to me!

However, Dolby 7.1 would be great,

and i'd expect the Rev to be extremely fast; GC was compared to the competition!

I hope the specs aren't right. If they want to compete with Sony and MS they also have to go multi-core especially for ports since it would be difficult porting a game from multi- to single-core (I guess) and the other consoles would have a huge performance advantage. Also many casual gamers wouldn't want a console that is in there eyes nowhere near as graphically as capable as the other two.

Also many casual gamers wouldn't want a console that is in there eyes nowhere near as graphically as capable as the other two.

no no no..u got it very wrong there...very very wrong, your base are belong to us....ps2 has 20th century hardware and it sells more then michaels jackson's album thriller worldwide (i hope im right)

Konficius, it isn't going to make much difference, because if you can compile for the PowerPC architecture then you should be able to do the Xbox 360 and Revolution.

You'll just have to tweak your code significantly if you want the best on the Xbox 360. Revolution is pretty standard fare.

The PlayStation3 uses completely esoteric hardware and as thus it will be difficult to work with. Good work Sony.

• Like 1

no no no..u got it very wrong there...very very wrong, your base are belong to us....ps2 has 20th century hardware and it sells more then michaels jackson's album thriller worldwide (i hope im right)

Yeah you're right hardware isn't everything in the console battle and I forgot that Revo has a new control system and ipod-esque style on it's side.

ps2 has 20th century hardware and it sells more then michaels jackson's album thriller worldwide (i hope im right)

I think that’s more to do with the fact that most casual gamers don’t know about technical specifications and therefore 99% of people that buy the PlayStation 2 think it’s got the most powerful hardware. :D

I think that’s more to do with the fact that most casual gamers don’t know about technical specifications and therefore 99% of people that buy the PlayStation 2 think it’s got the most powerful hardware. :D

touche..that is actually true, there are a lot of retarded people that say that

surprise surprise, a rumour in the rev board!!!!!

Sega is working on Samba de Amigo, A fishing game and Monkey Ball for the Revolution!!! I just camt wait for Samba de Amigo!!!!

they don't seem to amazing, but who cares if they are or arn't, i preffer to judge a console by it's games, ingame fotage will make my mind up, and most of that went stright over my head.

Sign in to follow this