NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
djamb3

Official Sony specs: PS3 HDD sold separately

PS3_specs_with_HDD_sold_separately.jpg

"On a spec sheet hosted on the official PlayStation Global site, the PS3's various storage media--including the HDD and a few other memory formats--are said to be "sold separately," which might lead one to understandably assume that the PS3's hard drive won't come bundled with the system (at least, not with a cheap package for the platform).

Drag the right-hand arrows to navigate the listing. Halfway down the Flash-animated page for the upcoming platform is a line stating: "Storage / HDD: Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1," which won't raise many eyebrows. It's when you scroll down to the bottom of the page that that first starry footnote really messes with our convergence dreams (or nightmares).

Okay, we all know that the PS3 will have "a 2.5-inch hard drive (i.e. laptop hard drive) attachment." The $500 question--give or take a few Franklins--is whether that hard drive will come bundled with every system or just the pricier models. Sure, a comprehensive web page could be mistaken, but why state it so clearly? More to come at GDC/E3, of course."

copy&pasted from http://www.joistiq.com

So its going down the Xbox 360 route..

interesting. personally i didnt last two days with my core, i had to go out and get a HD. I can imagine it being the same with the PS3

i hate all this diff type of console business, and firmware... theyre just turning console business into PCs, it just makes it more complicated really.

I wish they'd just release bloody consoles that just do their job and there's no faffing around.

Well done Sony... clap clap.

Just lower the level of quality that consumers can expect from a games consumable package. You pay almost £400 and only get SOME of the console!

i hate all this diff type of console business, and firmware... theyre just turning console business into PCs, it just makes it more complicated really.

I wish they'd just release bloody consoles that just do their job and there's no faffing around.

I couldnt agree more.

Or is it? You will probably have to buy an add-on to unlock every little bit of the capabilities... So all in all you will have to pay more and more... Yay.

I wonder if Sony have ever thought about going into comedy.

They're always making me laugh.

Sign in to follow this