NEurope
CompSci

Invastion of privacy in Vista?

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I all up for, the police to lock up sick paedophile bastards by hacking there comps, but what about the average joe? i do not want any one snooping my comp, while i am online

i may be thinking twice about upgrading to vista, however i may get the US vr of vista if, this backdoor problem is only in the uk vr

and also what about the HDD encrypted crap, WTF is up with that? i mean i work in a computer repair shop, its hard enough to recover lost data when windows XP is crashed, but encrypting a HDD and the punter forgets there password, how are we goner recover data then?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4713018.stm

Well that's dumb, if the police want backdoor access some hacker will eventually find out and exploit this. BAM first wave of Vista viruses.

Err, this is really nothing new. The FBI and other US government agencies have access like this in XP... i guess they just want in on the fun.

The police and government already monitor much of the nations online activity - heck, there's probably a SIS agent in an underground data centre in Yorkshire looking at this very thread. Father knows best and all that.

The police and government already monitor much of the nations online activity - heck, there's probably a SIS agent in an underground data centre in Yorkshire looking at this very thread. Father knows best and all that.

Waddya know, i'm from Yorkshire! ;)

Hint: I see everything.

I have been on a Vista trainging course the last two days for work, and although I have had to sign a NDA I can tell you (i think) that the hard drive encryption is an option that can be turned off. I can't tell you how it works etc but I think I can tell you that. Also I can tell you, be very excited, it has some totally impressive stuff!!

II should get my hands on a copy of a feature complete version next week so I'll let you know what its like to actually use :D

I won't be upgrading to vista... the OpenGL matter completly left me looking at the door.

Not interested at all. Even if I have to migrate into using linux... 24/7 (or MacOS X... who knows)

I have been on a Vista trainging course the last two days for work, and although I have had to sign a NDA I can tell you (i think) that the hard drive encryption is an option that can be turned off. I can't tell you how it works etc but I think I can tell you that. Also I can tell you, be very excited, it has some totally impressive stuff!!

II should get my hands on a copy of a feature complete version next week so I'll let you know what its like to actually use :D

I'm guessing you have been playing around with the latest build... that got leaked on the net. So i wouldn't worry about your NDA stuff, doesn't exactly matter.