NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

Total smoking ban in pubs and clubs.

I'm a bit pissed off with my mte now.. ok more thana bit. We were walking back from school and one guy was smoking. So my mate who's taken pulls before (i think to look "hard" in front of him) and he was really trying to get me to try it, and i know a pull isn't gonig to give me cancer but i really don't plan on doing it and my mate should respect that and not force them on me.

I think the smoking ban will be good for non-smokers so they won't get tempted to try one.

Thats peer pressure mate. You're showing how mature you are by standing your ground. I had it at school all the time and my mates use to do stupid stuff and tell me to do it, but i wouldn't. I'm no-longer friends with these people but i think i have came out better (even though i was bullied and tormented for years after it).

It's difficult but if they were mates they wouldn't false you to do anything. Just firmly tell your mate how you feel.

The chavvy guy smoknig tried to push the crap on me aswell.. dunno what it is with chavs and smlokig, but my mate seriously thinks he looks hard when he pulls one..

The chavvy guy smoknig tried to push the crap on me aswell.. dunno what it is with chavs and smlokig, but my mate seriously thinks he looks hard when he pulls one..

I know, my friends use to do it because they 'think' they looked cool! :indeed:

Funny thing is they are all chavs now and i'm not!

:smile:

He's not.. he used to be though i reckon he still has chavness in him. :p

Oh sorry! lol :grin:

Your probably right. :)

demonmike, yeh maybe there should be a small handful of smoking pubs in this too, but i think non-smokers should have the freedom to go out without breathing it in.

Yeah i forgot to mention that, i do believe banning smoking in public has a huge advantage, it decreases the chance of disease from 'second-hand' smoke. So yeah, public area's is a brilliant idea, but pub's should have the decision whether to have smokers there, non-smokers will always have the choice to go in which pub that way without breathing it in.

yeh, the government will have to make concessions about how many in each area, or else the ban just won't work. having a small percentage of these bars still allowing smoking is fine, non-smokers can then still go out and not be victimised against and still have a large choice (a small percentage mind you, so this ban can still function and cut down the amount of smokers and smoking-related deaths), and all restaurants, public areas and public transport (not that i'm bias towards that final one ;)) should be non-smoking.

owen and retro-lover, those scenes you are describing remind me of a girl i know (i think i mentioned this a few pages back but anyhoo...) who was complaining about how she "can't" stop smoking and all that and how it's not fair that smokers are not getting any sympathy for their addiction. when i told her she had >>chosen<< to start she said "no i didn't, i was forced to. it was peer pressure, it's not fair." how sad...

and i have to laugh at all the teenagers smoking, thinking they're "hard" and "independent"... yeh, sure you're "independent" now that you're having to rely more and more on mummy and daddy for your pocket money to afford your smokes lol, and ofcourse you're "independent" by just doing what all your friends tell you to do lol!!

And do you complain about it there?

Just a touch hypocritical if you don't.

Nope, don't complain at all. Its not a public place, its not my house, and its not my hash, so its free. Why would i complain? :laughing:

Nope, don't complain at all. Its not a public place, its not my house, and its not my hash, so its free. Why would i complain? :laughing:

Cos you're either bothered about the health implications, or you're not.

Sign in to follow this