NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

Total smoking ban in pubs and clubs.

For the smokers: Is it that hard to just step outside the pub/club for few minutes to have a smoke?

And the smoking/non smoking sections rarely work. Ever heard how damaging passive smoking is? And even if it doesn't affect you, think how much it affects the people who work in pubs/clubs.

When does this come into force? I'm pleased as I don't smoke, but I do feel sorry for smokers who see smokeing in a pub as somewhat of a ritual.

what the funk happend to choice?
- Big Red

What did happen to choice? I was in a local pub a few days ago and someone say beside me and lit up a fag; had to choke on his shit for about 3 seconds until I had to go stand some where else, away from most of my friends.

For the smokers: Is it that hard to just step outside the pub/club for few minutes to have a smoke?

And the smoking/non smoking sections rarely work. Ever heard how damaging passive smoking is? And even if it doesn't affect you, think how much it affects the people who work in pubs/clubs.

its not about just stepping out side of a pub...............i would be more than happy to do that in a non smoking resteraunt after my meal.

but in the pub when your all sat down, with freinds and lets say for example the foot balls on, its more than inconvinent to keep having to get up and go into the cold like a bad dog.

as i said what happend to choice if you have smoking pubs and non smoking pubs you can choose to either work in one or drink in one.

I rarely go to pubs, but when I do I always hate the smoky atmosphere there. This is brilliant news, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why they can't enforce it sooner, though.

That is fucking shitty imo

I have the odd fag now and then. So i wouldnt call myself an addict, but i do smoke. If people dont want to breath in smoke, fair enough there should be non-smoke zones. but what the hell.. no smoking in pubs?!

That is fucking shitty.

Never going to happen.

The government may be dick heads, but they aren't stupid enough to cut off their arms to appease their nose.

I have the odd fag now and then. So i wouldnt call myself an addict, but i do smoke. If people dont want to breath in smoke, fair enough there should be non-smoke zones. but what the hell.. no smoking in pubs?!

That is fucking shitty.

: peace: : peace: : peace: : peace: praise the lord

Never going to happen.

The government may be dick heads, but they aren't stupid enough to cut off their arms to appease their nose.

They just voted on it and passed it with a 200 majority. Afraid it's happened buddy. And don't count on the other house delaying it at all with that kinda majority.

That is fucking shitty.

See, I don't know whether to be happy that there's going to be a ban or feel sorry for people like you. It is kinda what pubs are all about. It'll be weird getting home from a pub and not having to put my clothes in the wash.

The thing is with no smoking sections and smoking sections they dont really work...

The smoke doesnt know when to stop while its floating around in the air does it? It can quite easily float out of the smoking section and into the non smoking section. This is even worse when some silly places put a table in the non smoking section right near a table in the smoking section i mean come on whats the point eh?

Or is there some invisible barrier in all pubs and restaurants that stop the smoke escaping from is designated area? hehe :)

Excellent, a sensible move, smoking/non-smoking areas really don't work. I don't see how it will affect the business of pubs either, as people really wont have a choice, if you want a quiet drink with your mates it'll be non-smoking or nothing as far as I can tell.

Me and my fellow asmatic whisky enjoying socialites will be positively frolicking in celebration. Although the ban will already soon be comming into force in Scotland anyway (where I currently stay) it's great to know that soon I'll be able to go into any pub in any part of the country and enjoy a large Famous Grouse without the fear of quite literally choking to death.

I like pubs, and would have enjoyed them more in the past if it weren't for the smoke. I've got nothing against people who do smoke, but it's generally not a pleasant habit to have to be around, especially in a public place. Besides, there's nothing to stop anyone from enjoying a ciggie in the comfort of their own home or in the open air.

Thinking about it, in the long run, this can only be a good thing. There will be less people smoking, and less people being effected by passive smoking. That means less people dying. I don't think that can reaaaally be argued with.

wow! [] this represents a pub................

smoking pub [] [] non smoking pub.....how hard is it, i do remember landlords were prepared to stop serving food so they could keep thire majority custom.

then people dont have to wash their cloaths, ;) and we can keep smoking as it pleases

and i dont mind to kill my self how i please as i have no natural predator stalkin me :heh:

It's already in place in Ireland, happening in Scotland next month. England was only a matter of time.

It's already in place in Ireland, happening in Scotland next month. England was only a matter of time.

this is true! but i thought it didnt matter to me if it happend in 3 yeras. as i am out of hear but this is all to sudden for me to handle right now

but in the pub when your all sat down, with freinds and lets say for example the foot balls on, its more than inconvinent to keep having to get up and go into the cold like a bad dog.

A dog nibbling at your feet or attacking your legs would classify as a "bad dog", and I would put people who blatantly disregard others when they smoke (not saying all do of course, but there are quite a lot of people) in the same boat as a foot attacking dog.

Im reminded of an old quote;

"No smoking in bars? Whats next, no fucking in bars?"

"Well first they'd have to have a no fucking section."

Miss that show.

ah true! youre talkin about those people who just blatently just blow smoke in your face.i may smoke and i may be many things but i am not rude in public or in privat......well the bed rooms a differnt story. but what im sayin is i would tell those pepople my self to blow it in the next direction or have a little more consideration for others and most time they will if you speake to them with respect.

Problem is if they are willing to blow smoke in your face, they're not gonna listen to reason. They don't give a fuck. Still, if you don't intentionally blow smoke in someones face you do it anyway by smoking in the same enclosed space. Its just less rude, but with the same result.

witch is why it shud be in a separet building.

i no plenty of people who with their own choice thy would go to a smoking pub with their mates even if they dont smoke as it dosent bother them.

I'm very pleased to hear this news. I still think smoking should've been outlawed the instant it was proved to do damage people's health... it's just a shame the government cared more about their money than our health.

I can see why people would want to smoke, since as it is currently socially acceptable. But it shouldn't be. Self-harm isn't.

I can see why people would want to smoke, since as it is currently socially acceptable. But it shouldn't be. Self-harm isn't.

mate self harm are you mad.!!! its not like its cool to smoke or something so every ones going to do it.

but i do have i choice in my life, as in i choose not get dictated my path.

self harm indeed, i just see it as i dont do other harmful even if leagle substansces wether in food or medicen and why because i choose to

and if we all lived longer the goverment wouldnt no what to do as they have problems with those in excistans. imagine how many people woul be in this country if we didnt dye from smoking...and thats life

A dog nibbling at your feet or attacking your legs would classify as a "bad dog", and I would put people who blatantly disregard others when they smoke (not saying all do of course, but there are quite a lot of people) in the same boat as a foot attacking dog.

Im reminded of an old quote;

"No smoking in bars? Whats next, no fucking in bars?"

"Well first they'd have to have a no fucking section."

Miss that show.

That reminds me of a quote from a source I can't remember:

"Having a no-smoking section in restaurants is like having a no-pissing area in a swimming pool."

That reminds me of a quote from a source I can't remember:

"Having a no-smoking section in restaurants is like having a no-pissing area in a swimming pool."

just have to pools...........lets call one a swiming pool and the other a toilet

and hey presto easy as pie done :yay:

They just voted on it and passed it with a 200 majority. Afraid it's happened buddy. And don't count on the other house delaying it at all with that kinda majority.

Yes, shame they've got as much chance of enforcing it as they do on buses, trains and cinemas, all of which I have smoked freely in/on.

Sign in to follow this