NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
|Laguna|

Post everytime you complete a game.

I completed Beyond Good & Evil on PC yesterday. The ending was awfully short as was the game in general but it would get pretty boring otherwise. The art style is really interesting and the atmosphere is ok, however, the world is really small. You get to know the whole world in little time and that destroys an otherwise pretty epic feeling.

The game is quite easy but the sneaking around all the time can still get annoying but there are lots of respawn points to make up for it. Sometimes the camera is also a bit annoying.

Still it was a nice experience and worth the 10€ but I recommend you play it on a console, the feeling will be better, although mouse and keyboard work pretty good.

7/10

Good idea for a thread, I've completed a few games this year but I'll start on the next game I complete. *goes and plays game*

Just finished Mario Footy. I got the thing yesterday and have unlocked everything today. Still an awesome game though and the multi-player aspect is class.

8/10

Finished Escape from Monkey Island on PS2 last week after a long hiatus - The puzzles are blantantly unobvious but once you work it out its quite short and easy

7/10

Finished Escape from Monkey Island on PS2 last week after a long hiatus - The puzzles are blantantly unobvious but once you work it out its quite short and easy

7/10

I got that game when I first got my PS2 as I love the series. The game is hilarious but like you said very short once you know what to do.

Finished Resident Evil DS yesterday, Rebirth mode on normal. Pretty good game, but it's noticeable this game is 10 years old. But it still holds up pretty good today. 8/10

Started a new game on Classic mode, hard. Very difficult, you have to face your first zombie with only a knife. Plus there are more zombies and theyre stronger.

If you want a better backstory to Billy then check out the R Evil Novels. I got them all as im a huge fan of the series. Anyone who is like me I recommend you take a look at them.

I've got them :wink:

But I'm reading them in order of publishing, so Zero will be the last one I read. I've only just started the 4th one.

Just finished Mario Footy. I got the thing yesterday and have unlocked everything today.

Bet you haven't got the Perfect Pass Gold Trophy yet :heh:

I also give Mario Footy an 8/10 It's a high 8 though, unlike Halo's low 8

completed ICO yesterday, crap game that I just didn't get on with, hence the reason why I returned it and got black instead. Overall, 5/10. TBH tho I can't really rate it as it was on a totally different "wavelength" compared to mine. I know alot of people who love it, and I respect that, but I totally did not get on with it. Found it so bloody boring...

Currently playin black now and am already on the 5th or 6th level. I have a feeling I'll be completing it very soon, maybe by the end of tommorrow. But a good game nevertheless. :D

I've got them :wink:

Bet you haven't got the Perfect Pass Gold Trophy yet :heh:

I also give Mario Footy an 8/10 It's a high 8 though, unlike Halo's low 8

Indeed I have. I got all the trophies you can get. The perfect pass is easy, just keep doing passes around the box area after getting a decent lead.

I finished Resident Evil 1 on GC about a week ago. It was a pretty good game.

8/10

I finished GTA LCS on PSP today. I didn't expect the city to be that big on a hendheld! Anyway, one of the best hendheld games i ever played!

10/10

Meteos, unlocked all the Planets, Items and Sound packs.. There's not a great deal left in the game for me to do now as far as I'm aware.. my stats say I completed it in 20 odd hours.. the game ultimately is a puzzler. You can't expect this game to keep you happy and enthralled.. but as a short portable experience it's the greatest.

Popped it £13 on eBay, no regrets at all.. thoroughly enjoyable puzzle game, and without a doubt the best thing since Tetris.

If you need filler for your DS collection Meteos is it.

72/100

Mario Kart DS

Well the game was a laugh, and you no doubt know everything there is to know about it.. because it got hyped more than the console itself. It rocked, I've not got wifi so that replay value is dead.. but it's okay to play battle mode for a bit of a laugh at LANs.

Great game, good lifespan though it's clear it was rushed for Christmas.. very polished it has to be said and Nintendo wifi is great, just don't rush it if you do get it.

89/100 if you have access to wireless internet regularly

76/100 if you don't have wireless access.. that's how important wifi is to this game.

Basically there's no secrets after you've got 3 stars on every level and every grand prix.. and unlocked the staff ghost data (which are impossible to beat)

Currently enjoying: Myst and Electroplankton, both recommended.

Awaiting some more good DS games to get my teeth into..

Recently completed Resident Evil 4 for the 3rd time... Now starting my 4th game. :D A bit easy once you get the infinite rocket launcher! ;)

10/10

Chrono Trigger

Sweet God. This game is simply perfect. No more, no less. It's almost a tie between this and OoT for best game ever. The musics are just perfect and give me gossebumps, the graphics were perfect for the time, everything is just spot on. Words aren't enough to homage this game. If you're a gamer, play it!

Mario Kart DS

89/100 if you have access to wireless internet regularly

76/100 if you don't have wireless access.. that's how important wifi is to this game.

I disagree. The online service is pants, it adds nothing to the game appart from that if you're bored with no-one else around, you can play humans. A bunch of friends on games like this is far better, i just with they'd 1 cart more games properly, because no multiplayer game is ever as good as a Home console ver in my experience, not being able to have one card/cart makes it worse.

I give it a high 8/10 which is also what I give Double Dash.

I disagree. The online service is pants, it adds nothing to the game appart from that if you're bored with no-one else around, you can play humans. A bunch of friends on games like this is far better, i just with they'd 1 cart more games properly, because no multiplayer game is ever as good as a Home console ver in my experience, not being able to have one card/cart makes it worse.

I give it a high 8/10 which is also what I give Double Dash.

I havent touched Mario Kart DS since I finished it in Nov/Dec. I just didnt like the friend system on the thing. I like being able to choose who I play against on online games.

Just finished Battalion Wars with every mission unlocked and beat. Game is a great laugh to play but it is far too short. I cant wait for them to expand it on the Revolution.

7/10

Just finished Starfox Adventures. Nothing special. Found it quite boring and repetitive at times. I completed it in just over 13 hours. The best thing about it is probably the last boss battle which brought back fond memories. Took me 4 times though! Shocking. Just shocking. But fun nonetheless.

6/10 I'm not gonna complain too much as it only cost me a fiver.

Just finished Metal Slug 3, right now. I started it today and finished it today (Its metal slug, only 5 levels what can you expect?) Man, was it fun. Even better in co-op. Ites amazing for its time. I love it. The series is probably one of my favourite series. The sprites are amazing. Great fast paced action. Touch bosses.

9/10 from me. Amazing replay value.

Finished black on saturday, even though I only got it 2 days before.

I enjoyed it while it lasted but thats the main thing. It was so goddamn short!!

Nonetheless, a good game (even though it has no multiplayer) . A solid 7/10.

Just helped Jack Bauer get through the day in 24: The Game. It's a very mix bag I'm afriad. The story is what you expect really, it's the best thing about the game, the cutscenes look fantastic with awesome character models and great voice over work, but the actual gameplay is varied. The car sections are god damn awful, worst thing about the whole game. The shooting is decent and fun enough, although it's no syphon filter/max payne.

60/100, only just above average. Mainly for people who want to know the story more than anything else.

Finished Sonic Rush recently. It's an ace game and I found the last boss pretty hard but I don't know how much replay value it will have. I'm just trying to get that last Chaos Emerald cos the secret level for it hurts.... oh it hurts... Wa the first game that I've really got myself stuck into in a while, couldn't put it down.

It's Sonic Team doing what they do best. Great music, solid game design, tuns of speed and fairly good bosses. But ca someone kill Cream please?

Barrels o fun: 89%

I just finished Castlevania: DoS with the best ending. Very sweet game. I'm gonna start a new game and start playing through again.

Can't wait for a sequel as well. :)

I give the game a perfect 10/10

I also reciently beat Resident Evil 4 for the 5th time. lol. I can't get enough of that game. I'll probably play through it again sometime soon.

The game obviously deserves a perfect 10/10 of course.

Sign in to follow this