N-Europe

Subliminal Message?

Demuwan

http://www.infendo.com/2006/02/hidden-message-in-nwc-video.html#comments

Are Nintendo going Subliminal on us. I think the word in the trailer is revolution. Would this mean Nintendo have decided to call 'the' console Revolution. Its most probably doesn't mean that at all. But when news is as scarce as it is we tend to speculate.

I think Nintendo are just using things like this as fuel for speculation to add extra-emphasis on E3. When we are finally let out of the dark

Clever, I'm curious as to whether these marketting strategies work.

I'm not as skeptical as I would normally be, being a scientist.. because I've seen that Derren Brown work his magic.

He went through a conversation with this guy about his birthday present.. dropping little words with emphasis. You didn't know he was doing it or how.

The the guy asked for a red BMX bike, and derren of course opened up this guys present.

Then they played it back and you could see the hints for the bike. I think this marketting works.. Everyone watching that video is on the site because they're interested in Nintendo, they might be considering buying a DS because the wifi connection. Perhaps this advert places a seed of thoughts in the consumers mind. Revolution could be the final name after all, Of course i'm 99% gonna say it is a coincidence because this is Nintendo of Europe. lawl.

maybe a little TOO coincidental though..? hmm... it certainly looks convincing enough that it's parts of the word "revolution", and if they simply meant something straight forward like the wifi connection being "revolutionary", or it having somethingto do with the globe, why not make it more obvious that it is that word...? i think they're teasing their fans that would be able to spot something like this ;)

You know, have you ever listened to music.. in particular rock music.

The bass.. it doesn't really do anything, as an instrument most people barely notice it.

But without it, you don't notice it.. it's just there because it adds depth to the music.

When designing graphics the aim is of course to sell a product.. get a message over.. but if there fading REVOLUTION wasn't there would the advert be as effective.. from a aestehtic point of view.

I'd hardly call it a subliminal message as you can see it quite clearly, subliminal messages can only be picked up by your sub-conscious so you don't even know about them. This is just the word Revolution in the background, interesting though because why would Nintendo put it there? To indicate Revolution and DS link up, or just that Revolution will also use WiFi, or maybe just that WiFi is another revolution that Nintendo are offering to us.

Guest Stefkov

haha this reminds me of that family guy episodes where they were talking about subliminal messages. theyre showing something and some guy comes on and say "smoooke" then it goes back to the orignal advertisement.

anyway, this is one of the best avertisments ive seen feom noe