NEurope
Chanser

Chibi Robo

Have it on Japanese import! I really love it, however i wished i was patient enough to wait for USA/UK versions. If the USA version is going cheap somewhere i will pick it up, because i really would like to know what the characters are saying.

It's much more story-driven then i first thought.

Well the caterpillar name is Sophie, she loves that Space Hunter toy.

Basically Chibi Robo replaced an older robot called Giga Robo, but due to energy shortage or was it energy costs? Giga Robo used up too much energy.

You must keep the humans happy, by doing cleaning tasks etc.

The only enemy I seen so far is the Spydorz and thats the only way to get scrap metal.

I'll definitely be getting this when it gets released over here in the spring. It'll be my first new GC game for ages!

I only just found out about this game recently when I read the review on IGN, I downloaded some of the vids and I think it looks fantastic so I'm definitely going to pick this up when it comes out over here, shame we have to wait until May though. :hmm:

I'll get it when it comes out over here!!.....Unless it's suddenly not released, then i'll import a Yank ver.

I'm probably gonna get this. The only review I've read was saying how boring it was, though. That review is here, if you're interested: Click

He doesnt even make sence:

...and when did we, as an industry of journalists ("experts", if you will), put presentation over gameplay?

And then goes on to say:

...its audio is even worse, and as for its gameplay, it's quite monotonous

Isn't audio part of presentation?!!?....and two...if the gameplay was really "monsterous", the game wouldn't have got 2 1/2 stars surely?!

NOM gave it quite a good rating i think. Can't remember what though.

What the heck is it all about

Stated in IGN:this is kind of a letdown :(
I dunno, don't some reviews claim you can get through Resi 4 in 15 hours or so! Resi 4 took me nearly 30 hours!

Even so, Chibi-Robo is still a great game and one that – in a perfect world – would be a sleeper hit. Pick it up, try it out, and you'll know what I mean when I state that Skip's pint-sized hero can easily hold his own against some of Nintendo's biggest mascots.
Overall a very positive review (great score!!)

I dunno, don't some reviews claim you can get through Resi 4 in 15 hours or so! Resi 4 took me nearly 30 hours!

Overall a very positive review (great score!!)

It took me 17 hours on first play through, and I'm a slow player, even now I stop a lot, look around a lot to figure of what technique they are using when pushing those graphics.

I can't finish that game in less than 15 hours (but not more than that), killing all the bosses and all (not running through some)... on hard-mode.

still 15 hours is quite short, on RE4 it's not because of the type of game it is... but as for chibi robo... I don't know, but 30 hours would sound so much better.

Chanser or Owen, how many memory card blocks does this game require?

I've not got much space on my 251 and seeing as this and (possibly) Zelda :wink: will be my last Gamecube games I really don't fancy buying a new card.

Chibi Robo takes up 6 blocks per save, you only have 3 save slots in the game. Luckily I got my official 1019 memory card :D, only has like over 350 blocks left.

Chanser or Owen, how many memory card blocks does this game require?

I've not got much space on my 251 and seeing as this and (possibly) Zelda :wink: will be my last Gamecube games I really don't fancy buying a new card.

Get yourself a huge GAME memory card, they're like in the 1000 i think so I don't have to worry about space anymore; and they don't corrupt easily like most (Just keep Phantasy Star away from it)

I'm going to buy the USA version sometime after March i think, try and get it cheap on ebay maybe.

I definately want to buy and keep a english copy forever with my USA Gamecube.

It's definately one of those games that you'll go back to when all the new next-gen consoles come out, like you do with Mario 64 and Goldeneye etc..

It has that Nintendo appeal.

It's like you have to keep your copies of Wind Waker, Metroid, Mario sunshines because you will go back to them over the years, just think soon they will be considered as last-gen games. :smile: