NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mario114

Anyone else get hte messenger 8.0 beta email

As above: bassicaly an email saying we want you to try our new messenger, blar, anyway what do you think on 8.0, i quite like it compareed to 7.5.

It was as below:

"Hello!

We'd like you to be among the first to try the beta version of Windows LiveTM Messenger.

If you use MSN® Messenger now, we think you're really going to enjoy Windows Live Messenger. It's as fun and reliable as the Messenger you already know, and you won't lose your contact list or any other personal information when you try this new version. Check it out to experience new ways to connect to your friends via text, voice, video, and more."

It's ok with a patch that removes all the annoying "features". And as far as i know, its never been "fun" or "reliable".

It looks a bit better, but it doesnt remember your display picture or colour preferance.

I've been using 8.0 beta for a couple of weeks... and in my opinion it pretty much sucks a similar ammount to 7.5, but for different reasons. All the cool people use IRC anyway. ;-)

I've got 3 spare invites by the way. The annoying yellow-box message will disappear once I use them up!

All the cool people use IRC anyway. ;-)

Ok.. To me it has been a bit like IRC = no life :)

But anyhow I just think that they should sort out the problems with 7.5 before publishing a new version. I have had tons of problems with it. Usually for the login part. It sometimes just says that "there's a problem in messenger service, please try again later." Usually it works after I try to login few times.

I hate all the new shit they're putting in. They don't need of it. LAst good one was 6.

Thanks for the invite andrew, i am liking Wlm, i used a patch to get rid of the massive ad at the bottom and now it's fine

Thanks for the invite andrew, i am liking Wlm, i used a patch to get rid of the massive ad at the bottom and now it's fine

May i ask how the ad can be removed, it drives me mad?

Oh no! I have to revert to 7.5 now. My mum can't sign in on it because i signed in with my account to download it. This sucks msn are such 'tards.

P.s mario download this: http://www.tcmagazine.info/forums/lofiversion/index.php?t1528.html when you run it you cans ee the things to remove.

I was enjoying WLM aswell. I'll ahve to wait till public beta.

EDIT: As one last try i downloaded MSNP13, which downgrades WLM so any account can sign in. It worked and i don't have to get rid of it anymore/

EDIT#2: Ok, Protocol donwgrader isn't working very well, it logs off after you sing on. Looks like ill be reverting to 7.5 ¬_¬

8.0 is shitty, avoid like the plague.

couldnt have said it better myself. The beta doesnt add new contacts right, and crashes all the time, and is just generally crap.

couldnt have said it better myself. The beta doesnt add new contacts right, and crashes all the time, and is just generally crap.

Hence why it's called a beta. :heh: Anyone got any idea when they are unleashing it for real?

Theres a beta and theres completely un-useable.

Typical Microsoft then you could say. I had an invite to use it, but didn't bother in the end.

I've been thinking about changing to Trillian, but I'm just used to msn and couldn't imagine using anything else.

I had an invite that failed to work ¬_¬ msn 7 is as crappy, im beginning to wonder if they just threw out any old crap from the amount of upgrades/fixes that ive had to download! Trillian is good, but the tranfers are quite slow and theres not all of the features msn has.

Sign in to follow this