NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

ICO (spoiler tags please thankyou)

I have been playing it today too. It's what I expected it to be like but it took longer than I thought for it to get moving. Well into it now though

I have been playing it today too. It's what I expected it to be like but it took longer than I thought for it to get moving. Well into it now though

It's great. I espicially love the feeling of being high-up!

I'm hoping it takes a little longer to find the later colossi actually, i'm on my fourth colossi and i've been playing it for a hour.

I hope theres more 'platform' sections in it, like ICO.

It's fantastic though. I don't really like the PS2 controller but this game is so simple to control etc.. it feels like a dream!

:D

Fourth Collosi in an hour :o If you keep that up you'll finish the game in 4 hours :) It took me some time to find the later Collosi and it'll take you much more time to find out how to beat them (if you aren't using a walkthrough, like i didn't except on the last Collosi at the last part, i didn't have time so i had to finish it quickly because i didn't want to start the whole last Collosi all over again! :bouncy: )

Owen I was talking about ICO.. Sorry I didn't mention that.

However I will be getting Shadow of Colosus when I complete ICO

Owen I was talking about ICO.. Sorry I didn't mention that.

However I will be getting Shadow of Colosus when I complete ICO

Really?! :grin: Well i agree, i love that too and i also love the feeling of being high-up in that game as well.

The sense of scale is amazing!

Damn it, I still need to get this game. I just don't have enough cash at the mo. Thank God its my birthday on monday, gonna go on a shopping spree and get this and Katamari.

BTW, those black enemies I faced in the demo of the game are bloody scary. Are they present throughout the whole of the game??

Damn it, I still need to get this game. I just don't have enough cash at the mo. Thank God its my birthday on monday, gonna go on a shopping spree and get this and Katamari.

BTW, those black enemies I faced in the demo of the game are bloody scary. Are they present throughout the whole of the game??

hey, i just got the game on friday and i just finished it today (monday), it was short but it was damn sweet.

no those ghosty things arent really in it the whole game, they pop up a fair amount and (im not sure but i think) if you leave Yorda alone long enough, they appear.

Overall this is by far my favorite game, you go so into it.

it's so short but the vastness of the castle makes it just seem longer.

i just talked myself into buying Shadow of the Colossus and wondered does anyone know if the hero in that is the older version of the hero from ICO !?!?

hey, i just got the game on friday and i just finished it today (monday), it was short but it was damn sweet.

no those ghosty things arent really in it the whole game, they pop up a fair amount and (im not sure but i think) if you leave Yorda alone long enough, they appear.

Overall this is by far my favorite game, you go so into it.

it's so short but the vastness of the castle makes it just seem longer.

i just talked myself into buying Shadow of the Colossus and wondered does anyone know if the hero in that is the older version of the hero from ICO !?!?

I think they do appear in some places if you leave her too long - especially if you go "off the screen" and leave her behind. No, the character isnt the same; we never find out what happens to the ICO boy. SOTC is more of a spiritual prequel of sorts.

________

Reflex

Edited by Johelian

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILER {sorry to those who its already been spoiled for}

I think they do appear in some places if you leave her too long - especially if you go "off the screen" and leave her behind. No, the character isnt the same; we never find out what happens to the ICO boy. SOTC is more of a spiritual prequel of sorts.

aw

i wish it was ICO.

i dont know why, i mean the whole movie effect of ICO 1 was awesome but the ending i hated. sure i was glad the girl washed up on the beach but wth

she was a shadow thing in the castle>does ICO get allowed back into his village now his horns are gone?

so many unanswered questions

A quick request of you - can you mark that post *SPOILERS* at the top, or grey out the text, so that you dont ruin it for people still playing? ;)

I think it would have ruined the ending personally to have made it more complicated. As it is, you just get one raw burst of emotion that doesnt have to then be compromised by a conclusive ending. If this was a movie, it would have to be arthouse - never doing what we would conventionally expect of it. :)

________

Gnosticism dicussion

Edited by Johelian

I just got this game today (45 minutes in), and I'm finding it really boring. I'm thinking I should have got black instead....

Meh, I dunno, maybe its just the mood that I'm in thats preventing me from enjoying ICO. Hopefully it'll prove more enjoyable tommorrow morning.....

PERHAPS ANOTHER SPOILER.....

(dont read, just in case)

A quick request of you - can you mark that post *SPOILERS* at the top, or grey out the text, so that you dont ruin it for people still playing? ;)

I think it would have ruined the ending personally to have made it more complicated. As it is, you just get one raw burst of emotion that doesnt have to then be compromised by a conclusive ending. If this was a movie, it would have to be arthouse - never doing what we would conventionally expect of it. :)

Sorry

I've edited my post now.

I agree with it not having a long conclusive ending

but to be honest, even if they just had a cut scene walking off the beach together, perhaps holding hands to suggest they stuck together.

I mean who knows what happened to them?

Maybe i just look too much into things and should let it go. lol

Planned on getting Shadow of the Colossus the other day, when i realised i was skint.

How much do you hate that?

I've been trying to play ICO, but I get nauseous to that nasty motion blur. Damn you PS2.

I've recently been playing ICO since I've got it on Friday.

First impressions were pretty poor (as I stated in my above post) and I was thinking I should have got Black instead.

However, around 2 hours in, ICO is getting better. I seem to be enjoying it much more. But I don't think I'll love it as much as others claim to. I just don't think its my type of game, but I'm very determined to finish it. Maybe as I get more immersed in the game, it will stand out as a classic.... ::shrug:

Its just that it seems very "samey". I mean, the puzzles are clever and all, but the constant action of solving puzzle and moving on seems a tad boring. The gaming environment is breath taking, the sounds are awesome but its the gameplay I'm having troubles with. The interaction between yorda and ico is nice but as I said, its just boring in a way.

Anyway, thats just how I see ICO in my eyes. Don't go all mental on me for my rather negative views of the game....I am trying to enjoy it, (hence my determination to actually finish it) but I just don't think its my cup of tea.. :hmm:

I'm not sure about it. I liked the game but the emptiness is a downside for me. I like to go to new villages and talk to new people in my games. The shadow things reming me of Heartless. The ending although fits in with the style it does leave you wondering. The main thing that annoyed me was the length. I completed it in 6:39:55 and I'm not that good. I may rent SOTC or wait until the price drops.

From my ICO experience and the demo of SOTC, I don't think I'll be getting Shadow of the Colossus anytime soon.

As I said in my post previously, its just not my cup of tea..

I picked this game up while down on holiday, I have yet to play it as I got some other games as well, but since it's short I'll probably try to spin it out over a few weeks. Can't wait to get started!

I'm loving SOTC, but I'm afraid it might be to short. Which pisses me off, because I payed full price and I'm not swimming in money. Still it's pretty awesome, not boring like ICO and the colossi rock. You have to play it to understand it.

I fuckin hate ICO now, its really pissing me off.

I'm at the waterfall stage and I keep getting confused cos the whole place is so goddamn frickin huge!!!

I just get so frustrated and I'm wondering where the action is....its just sooo fuckin boring.....is there not any sort of bosses or challenges that makes this game any more exciting??

Holding hands with that stupid bitch yorda just slows me down like hell, and its so LONG just to wait for her to climb ladders etc. She really does my head in.

Actually the whole game is doing my head in. I regret spending £20 on this piece of crap game. I'm only 4 hours in and I'm near the end (as I saw how much is left to do in Gamefaqs, but I aint been using it for the puzzles or throughout the game)

I picked this game up cos so MANY bloody people were singing its praises and saying how you have to play this amazing game. But I don't get why people find this game to be awesome....because for me....it wasn't. Its dull, boring and tiresome. I can't even call this a game. Its more art than game.

A lot of you people seem to have missed the point entirely, and I genuinely find it saddening. It isn't really your fault, but if you think that'll stop me writing out a long, boring thesis on just how wrong you are then you're in for a nasty surprise.

Get the kerosene and matches ready, people.

I can't even call this a game. Its more art than game.

And youre on a Nintendo forum? No Electroplankton for you ;)

Its weird, but I thought that a majority of "real" Ninty fans would appreciate what this game is trying to do - by "real", perhaps those who always rave about innovation and originality. But I guess that maybe that isnt the case after all..?

________

Ipad Games

Edited by Johelian

You're musing this from what one guy said? You shouldn't generalise like that - I'm a Nintendo fan and I've fell in love with ICO to tell the truth, perhaps more than SOTC. :)

I'm sure I'd love this game, but I don't think it's worth buying a PS2 for just this. I also want a Saturn for Nights and Panzer Dragoon Saga, an and an Xbox for Jet Set Radio Future. Fecking consoles.

Sign in to follow this