NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

ICO (spoiler tags please thankyou)

100% YES! Although it kinda scares me this game, i don't like the shadow things!

but it's a superb platformer and one of the only games which really has a sense of scale and height, i haven't even completed it yet, i'm in no rush nor will i ever get rid of it! :D

I'm getting Shadow Of The Colossus thursday! YEAH! waited AGES for this....I hope i like it, i think it's one of those games you either love or hate.

:D

I'm getting Shadow Of The Colossus thursday! YEAH! waited AGES for this....I hope i like it, i think it's one of those games you either love or hate.

:D

Im sure Sony guy said its delayed about two weeks... memory is somewhat crappy but im 90% sure he said that.

yeah this was released at the launch of the ps2 wasnt it?? my brother suddenly wanted it, couldnt find it anywhere in the shops. then one day on gameplay itpops up, so my brothers getting this. i remember watching that preview dvd we got with the ps2 it had this on it im sure it did.

What do you think? I think at that price I'm definitely getting it. I need a good game with a storyline I can be immersed in. I just hope that this is it.

Just a slight warning: ICO doesn't treat its story with much exposition. I'm not saying it's bad — it's magical in all senses of the word — but its narrative is a lesson in understatement: character animation and the game environments spin the tale, not some verbose narrator or extended monologue.

Does this mean you won't be immersed? Far from it.

I've got Shadow on pre-order at Gameplay, so with any luck it should turn up Thursday so long as they've sorted all this warehouse nonsense out by then.

Does anyone know if ICO is to re-released on a normal box or as a platinum game? I know it sounds stupid but I hate platinum boxes in my collection.

Im sure Sony guy said its delayed about two weeks... memory is somewhat crappy but im 90% sure he said that.

Are you sure you heard that correctly? It states on the website it's out this wednesday and i doubt it would be delayed now?

I really hope it ain't delayed. :shakehead

I'm getting ICO this Friday when it's released and once I feel I'm nearing completion of ICO I shall order Shadow.

I'd rather play ICO first and then move onto Shadow

Are you sure you heard that correctly? It states on the website it's out this wednesday and i doubt it would be delayed now?

I really hope it ain't delayed. :shakehead

Might have been something else, maybe Lemmings. To be honest he was there for so long and talked about so much stuff it all washed over me.

Yeah think it was Lemmings cause its classed as March 3rd and Im sure it was meant to be this Friday. Anyone confirm this?

I should get Shadow Of Colossus either tomorrow or thrusday. Never played Ico but this should be cool.

I'll definatley be getting ICO but I think i'm gonna wait for shadow of the colossus. I played a demo for it, and i didn't really get on with it, whereas the demo with ICO was absolutely superb!

Well i got Shadow Of The Colossus today from Gameplay so it wasn't that which was delayed!

I'm of to play it now! :D

he he he I got it the first time round.. even cheaper than now.. the cardboard edition with the "postcards".

Hmmm, i heard only good stuff about ICO, i'll probably get it soon.

And about Shadow Of Collosus... i have the NTSC version and finished it about a month ago. DISSAPOINTED! The game is EMPTY! There are NO enemies except the 16 Collosus. All you do is ride your horse in a MASSIVE (but again, EMPTY!) field until you find a Collosus. You kill it, than go after the next one. Yes, every Collosus is very cool and they're all different from each other, but there are only 16 of them. The game is empty and short. And since i played it on a regular TV, not a HDTV with prograsive scan and widescreen, the graphics weren't very good. All ps2 owners should rent this game and finish it in about 15 hours, but it isn't worth the full price for what you get...

Uchiha That's the whole point of the game though, it's a experience of awesomeness, you are suppose to feel alone while you tackle down these huge beasts that roam the land. There are plenty more games that are shorter than it.

It certainly isn't for everyone, action fans would probably eat their own hands after playing it.

Yeah you're right Domstercool... but i did feel bored a few times when i couldn't find the next Collosus for a week and there was nothing else to do! And i said i was dissapointed because i expected it to be the best game ever (IGN gave it 9.8 i think!)... Come to think of it, it is one of the best ps2 and overral best games i ever played :laughing: Silly me, i wrote that probably because everybody from the other forum i visit were dissapointed :o F**k them, this game rulez :yay:

So, Owen, what do you think about it?

^ Well i was a little worried about not liking SOTC. I love Ico but it's not my fav game ever.

HOWEVER i must say SOTC is by far one of the best games i have played so far (well for PS2 anyway). I love it. The feeling of space is amazing.

I have just this second defated the second colossi and i'm totally amazed.

I suppose the game is very empty but it certainly has a amazing feel to it, which is hard to explain.

The controls are very good, theres hardly any loading times and i'm pretty amazed at the graphics.

Only problem is the camera so far! Other then that i'm gripped.

So pleased i bought it!

:grin:

I completely love the lack of filler-baddies in this game; you have a mission, you get on with it. No pointless side-treks to pick up items and so on. Its also so refreshing to be able to wander around marvelling at a game world without fear of running into any stupid bad guys.

And the world isnt empty; there is wild life all over the place! ;)

________

Vapor tower

Edited by Johelian

Every time I try to play this game I get bored. Still, I'm not giving up, I'm sure it gets better later on!

Okay here's a question for ya. Do you reckon if this game was released for the Cube instead of the PS2 it would have sold better when it originally came out?

I'm saying this implying that maybe us Cube owners are more open to 'different' sorts of games rather than typical PS2 owners.

Okay here's a question for ya. Do you reckon if this game was released for the Cube instead of the PS2 it would have sold better when it originally came out?

I'm saying this implying that maybe us Cube owners are more open to 'different' sorts of games rather than typical PS2 owners.

I rekon without a doubt it would have sold more on the cube and even xbox for that matter. The thing is though, that it's a Sony in-house developed game, so there would have been no chance of it happening anyway.

But the game did get released on the PS2 quite early on in its life. Also audiences mature with age and also widen, so in this case the re-release should have encouraging sales hopefully..............as it's a game that deserves them.

I've just forked out for a new car (my fiesta died), so I'm going to pick up SOTC at the end of the month (I needed my Katamari you see). :wink:

Got ICO myself and it is one hell of a moody game! Moody as in very atmospehric, weird, dreamy, confusing etc etc

But it is good, atleast so far. It's not what i expected it to be that's for sure, but still a good game. Have to finish it first to make a better opinion.

Sign in to follow this