NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

Football Season 2023/24

Pretty exciting 1st half in the Prem. It looked like City were going to run away with it but West Ham have got a little fight left in them. Be typical if they bring it back and Aresnal can't beat Everton.

With nothing riding on it, it was a bit of a snoozefest at Anfield. The crowd chanted through their repertoire and after the red card that was Wolfs day done. Two times I stepped away and that was when the Pool scored. 

You're gone, Klopp! :weep: 

Onwards to a new era.

I forsee a rough couple of years ahead for the club while we rebuild. It's going to take time to get the new manager and the new blood settled in.

It is being reported that Toni Kroos will be retiring following the Euro's, as there will be no new contract agreed with Real Madrid. 

If it's true it's the end of an era for one of the modern greats. Football is starting to make me feel like an old man :cry:

Still remember when he was meant to be off to United and then Real came in for him after the World Cup for something daft like €25m. 

Anyways, here's your reminder that Modric's contract is also due to end next month. Not sure if he'd retire, but he's reportedly keen on sticking around the Bernabeu on lower wages.

Don't know if I'd be able to handle seeing two of the best midfielders I've grown up with bow out at the same time :cry:

EDIT: comunicado oficial – yep, it's official. 

Edited by Julius

5 hours ago, Julius said:

Toni Kroos will be retiring following the Euro's

Lucas Vázquez with the legendary response :laughing:

🖕🖕 fuck you 🖕🖕

Saying what's on everyone's mind :D

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ridiculous. 

Official:

Absurd. Saw we were in for the Ipswich manager? The disrespect. He'll go the way of Potter, too, I'm sure of it. We somehow climbed up to European places - which btw we now seem keen to concede based on fessing up to a bit of FFP malarkey - after a stunning latter stage of the season, with this pick-and-mix of a team, and then this? 

Look, Abramovich, there's a lot to unpack there on an ethical level (though I feel like you can say this about most Prem club owners these days), but Boehly and his gang of yank swindlers have zero interest in this club doing well compared to that guy. None. It's disgusting. 

8 year contracts? Throwing Tuchel out the way they did? Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went to the Barto-Barca school of finance and we get royally done in a few years down the line. 

Edited by Julius
  • Sad 1

Sign in to follow this